SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Got a couple on random teams. Thank God none of our teams are built on using non-American players.

You say that like they're inferior or are performance enhancing drugs of some kind. What's wrong with a Canadian kid coming to UND to get an education and play some hockey? It's not like most of these guys are looking for the fastest possible route to the NHL. Almost all of our Canadian players also had the option of playing major junior hockey in Canada but chose UND. Plus, it's Canada. If we had a bunch of Russians or Swedes who didn't even speak English I could see your point but there is virtually no difference between culture in North Dakota and culture in Canada. If you saw these guys walking around campus and had them in your classes you'd never bat an eye unless they flat out told you they were from Canada.

Yes you would. It is similar to fans making fun of Chelsea FC in London calling them Chelski due to a very Russian influence surrounding there team. Nothing wrong with having a player or two from elsewhere, having half the roster....meh.

Got a couple on random teams. Thank God none of our teams are built on using non-American players.

Yah, THANK GOD! :silly:

I seem to remember Saul bringing his team to Canada in the preseason last year to get some games in. Not sayin...just sayin.

This whole discussion feels stupid now considering what they are going through on the campus as we speak. I'm hoping that it's just a hoax!

Most bomb threats are hoaxes. We have seen that with threats at both the Grand Forks and Fargo airports this week. No one wants to see anything bad happen on campus or to anyone associated with NDSU. I hope they figure out who is continuing to make these threats and punish them to the full extent of the law.

Most bomb threats are hoaxes. We have seen that with threats at both the Grand Forks and Fargo airports this week. No one wants to see anything bad happen on campus or to anyone associated with NDSU. I hope they figure out who is continuing to make these threats and punish them to the full extent of the law.

Usually they wait until finals week.....

I have never understood that either. Same goes for rodent fans. I have said over and over, I don't care where our Sioux hockey players come from as long as they give us a great product on the ice. A hockey player is a hockey player regardless of where he is born.

The only addition to that would be that they have to meet the academic standard. Which, as a unit, UND hockey players have went well beyond the academic standard. We always seem to have academic all-americans on UND teams!

Again, what does this have to do with class A misdemeanor voter fraud charges filed this week against 10 current and 3 former NDSU football players?

It means that NDSU fans are trying to deflect from the fact that they have so many football players dealing with legal issues. Which may also point to integrity issues in the athletic department.

You say that like they're inferior or are performance enhancing drugs of some kind. What's wrong with a Canadian kid coming to UND to get an education and play some hockey? It's not like most of these guys are looking for the fastest possible route to the NHL. Almost all of our Canadian players also had the option of playing major junior hockey in Canada but chose UND. Plus, it's Canada. If we had a bunch of Russians or Swedes who didn't even speak English I could see your point but there is virtually no difference between culture in North Dakota and culture in Canada. If you saw these guys walking around campus and had them in your classes you'd never bat an eye unless they flat out told you they were from Canada.

Russians, Czechs, Canadians. All equally foreign. I won't say they are inferior, but they aren't American. Americans love our athletics. If you use foreigners(Canadians are foreign), you can't expect people to not make fun.

Thank God UND's Graduate School isn't built on using non-American students......

*This isn't actually my view, just showing how stupid johnboy is.

Ah, a joke about how we have a lot of indians and asians? They are math nuts. They can teach us a lot of things. They are making the world a better place.

It means that NDSU fans are trying to deflect from the fact that they have so many football players dealing with legal issues. Which may also point to integrity issues in the athletic department.

I think it is moreso getting bored rather than deflecting. The entire thread for the longest time, "OMG OMG OMG HEADS MUST ROLL! DISENFRANCHISEMENT! TAYLOR! BOHL! AAARRHGHGHGHGGH!" If this is the worst stuff NDSU will have to deal with, I will be very pleased because it is nothing major.* I didn't say it is not to be taken seriously, but it isn't worth the attention it has gotten. No sexual crimes, no violent crimes.

*cue UND folks to compare them to the Klan, Nazis, etc.

*My bottom post was the most relevant to the thread, and also had the most information in it. I am willing to bet that other posters will focus on the shorter ones rather than the one closest to the thread.

I think it is moreso getting bored rather than deflecting. The entire thread for the longest time, "OMG OMG OMG HEADS MUST ROLL! DISENFRANCHISEMENT! TAYLOR! BOHL! AAARRHGHGHGHGGH!" If this is the worst stuff NDSU will have to deal with, I will be very pleased because it is nothing major.* I didn't say it is not to be taken seriously, but it isn't worth the attention it has gotten. No sexual crimes, no violent crimes.

Not major at all. Just listed as a Class A Misdemeanor and the legislature is already looking at moving it to a felony in the future along with changing how petitions are handled because of it. Bresciani also must think it is pretty minor since he has sent out a campus wide e-mail, released a statement, a clarification on that statement and a clarification on the clarification. Yep, no big deal at all...

Russians, Czechs, Canadians. All equally foreign. I won't say they are inferior, but they aren't American. Americans love our athletics. If you use foreigners(Canadians are foreign), you can't expect people to not make fun.

Ah, a joke about how we have a lot of indians and asians? They are math nuts. They can teach us a lot of things. They are making the world a better place.

*My bottom post was the most relevant to the thread, and also had the most information in it. I am willing to bet that other posters will focus on the shorter ones rather than the one closest to the thread.

No, it's not serious. :whistling: That's why the AG and Secretary of State are talking about trying to make the crimes a felony in the future. They only interfered with the election process, one of the things that the country is built on. Nope, not serious at all.

Some day you Bvillers will learn that a lot of people think that crimes other than sex related or violent crimes can be serious. No matter how many times you people say the the crimes weren't serious, you aren't going to convince people outside your little world. But keep saying it, it really cements your credibility on all issues.

Are you so bored that you'd create multiple accounts on a (non) rival's board so you could have conversations with yourself?

Oh to be 20 and naive again.

They keep telling everyone they live in the greatest city in the world. Other people think of New York City or Paris, SU fans think it's Fargo.

I think I am going to start calling Fargo "Minneapolis, Jr.". They want to be Minneapolis so bad they can taste it, but I think the odds are long against that ever happening.

If signing someone else's name isn't serious, why is identity theft such a big deal?

And if signing 1 person's name illegally is serious, wouldn't it be a lot more serious if you signed hundreds of people's names illegally? Maybe they need to work on the logic classes at SU along with ethics and adding Identity 101.

I think I am going to start calling Fargo "Minneapolis, Jr.". They want to be Minneapolis so bad they can taste it, but I think the odds are long against that ever happening.

How badly you ask?

Fargo named their high schools in the same manner as Minneapolis ... North and South.

If New York is the Big Apple, and Minneapolis is the Mini-Apple, what would that make Fargo? The Tiny Apple? Or considering the approach that SU fans take toward everything, maybe the Crab Apple?
  • Upvote 2

What Taylor was really trying to say in his comments about these actions. They aren't as serious as the sex crimes our football team had to deal with both a month ago and last year. They aren't as serious as the drug crimes we had to face two years ago with a major crime bust and one of our players being a dealer. They aren't as serious as the large internal theft ring we had going on a few years ago from Best Buy and also the computer theft one of our WR's was released from team for. They aren't as serious as the string of DUIs that we had.

He should have just come out and said, in the last 3-4 years this football team and football program have experience with some major crimes. When ranking these to the list of those above, this one doesn't deal with drugs, alcohol or theft. And no one got hurt here except for the feelings of these players who were truely the victims in all of this.

At least the news media has the right schools and cities unlike certain sports assocs.

In my best Lee Corso impersonation: "Not so fast, folks! UND University Relations just got a call from BBC America (based in Washington DC), asking about the bomb threat on campus. Is it really that hard, people, to keep this stuff straight?