SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Dear UNDBIZ,

It appears that you are possibly an inbreed of some kind so let me point a few things out for you.

1) My tweet commening that a UND Football recruit looked like a thug was not racist in anyway shape or form. The tweet did not mention color, clothing, or grammar. The tweet used the word thug, which has no racial undertones.

2) You obviously did not view the profile of the previously mentioned recruit. If you had you would have viewed a slang term for the N-Word accompanied by the UND Football logo behind it. I do care about the image of my alma mater.

3) The fact that you brought up race as an issue seems to say far more about you than anything typed by me. I believe in equality for all, no matter a persons race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, etc. The fact that you thought my tweet was racist points out that you look at life through race colored lenses.

4) I am not hiding my wife and children.

In the future, I would encourage you to think long and hard before attempting to blast someone over a topic you obviously do not comprehend.

Sincerely,

A UND Graduate that is obviously far more intelligent than you.

Lol. Just admit your tweet was dumb and move on.

Here's another running back we may be interested in:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2984412/lamarr-crowder

His name is Lamarr Crowder, a RB from California. Picked up on him via twitter - perhaps has connections to Coach Gigli, who recruits California.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to the running backs that Bubba brings in to this class. Would like to see 2 average to big bodied backs commit. Let's get that ground game going!

Kids got some wheels.

Dear UNDBIZ,

It appears that you are possibly an inbreed of some kind so let me point a few things out for you.

1) My tweet commening that a UND Football recruit looked like a thug was not racist in anyway shape or form. The tweet did not mention color, clothing, or grammar. The tweet used the word thug, which has no racial undertones.

2) You obviously did not view the profile of the previously mentioned recruit. If you had you would have viewed a slang term for the N-Word accompanied by the UND Football logo behind it. I do care about the image of my alma mater.

3) The fact that you brought up race as an issue seems to say far more about you than anything typed by me. I believe in equality for all, no matter a persons race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, etc. The fact that you thought my tweet was racist points out that you look at life through race colored lenses.

In the future, I would encourage you to think long and hard before attempting to blast someone over a topic you obviously do not comprehend.

Sincerely,

Your tweet was deplorable and embarrassing to UND 'fans'.

• Upvote 2

Dear UNDBIZ,

Sincerely,

A lot of the posters on this site, including myself, are graduates of UND, so don't try to gain leverage via that credential.

In regards to your tweet, there is no need for it in my opinion. It certainly possessed an undermining, verbally ironic tone. By sarcastically "thanking" Bubba, you were really criticizing a coach we all have quickly grown quite fond of. You shouldn't have done that, but probably most importantly, you criticized a future student-athlete of UND, which is unacceptable. How would you know what kind of person he is by simple reading his twitter profile? You certainly jumped to an unacceptable conclusion, regardless of what you mentioned in terms of race, sex, age, etc.

Please, if you're going to be an alumni supporter of UND athletics, show class and proper demeanor. It's a reflection on our entire university and community. Lastly, don't jump to conclusions on this coaching staff. The first hoard of people to do that are now eating crow due to the impressive recruiting class Coach Schweigert and staff have already compiled.

• Upvote 3

How? Please provide a basis for your absurd statement.

In referring to the young man as a thug did you mean a common criminal or a member of the Thuggee cult? One is obviously more likely than the other, but it was your tweet so would you care to inform us on which way you used the word thug in your tweet?

A lot of the posters on this site, including myself, are graduates of UND, so don't try to gain leverage via that credential.

In regards to your tweet, there is no need for it in my opinion. It certainly possessed an undermining, verbally ironic tone. By sarcastically "thanking" Bubba, you were really criticizing a coach we all have quickly grown quite fond of. You shouldn't have done that, but probably most importantly, you criticized a future student-athlete of UND, which is unacceptable. How would you know what kind of person he is by simple reading his twitter profile? You certainly jumped to an unacceptable conclusion, regardless of what you mentioned in terms of race, sex, age, etc.

Please, if you're going to be an alumni supporter of UND athletics, show class and proper demeanor. It's a reflection on our entire university and community. Lastly, don't jump to conclusions on this coaching staff. The first hoard of people to do that are now eating crow due to the impressive recruiting class Coach Schweigert and staff have already compiled.

Actually thanking Bubba was not meant to be sarcastic at all. I like Bubba and am very happy about the hire and the job he is doing. If there is a verbally ironic tone I apologize, but the tweet was right on point. My comment directed at UNDBIZ was to point out that I am not a racist and do believe that this particular recruit is not representing my University in the best light, unless you think that the N-Word is a good thing.

Actually thanking Bubba was not meant to be sarcastic at all. I like Bubba and am very happy about the hire and the job he is doing. If there is a verbally ironic tone I apologize, but the tweet was right on point. My comment directed at UNDBIZ was to point out that I am not a racist and do believe that this particular recruit is not representing my University in the best light, unless you think that the N-Word is a good thing.

Take another step back while you're at it, you might find another shovel.

I just believe it's too early to know how this student-athlete is and will truthfully represent UND. Let's just move on from this topic and all be excited about the future of UND football.

I just believe it's too early to know how this student-athlete is and will truthfully represent UND. Let's just move on from this topic and all be excited about the future of UND football.

Agreed, I will be happy to let it go and move on. I would like the post that implies that I was motivated by race removed.

Sincerely,

Take your own advice and think long and hard next time before tweeting something negative about someone you have never met before.

• Upvote 3

So lets see, UND is offering more money and a much easier path to playing time. NDSU already has a DE committed that was much more heavily recruited and has a tremendous upside (Greg Menard),an athlete who may project as a DE (Marcus Collins), both of whom have FBS offers, and a true freshman they took the redshirt off of this year (Ambrosius) ahead of him. It sounds like the kid made a good decision for himself. Now show me a heavily recruited kid with equal offers from both schools that picks UND. Then they will have won a head to head recruiting battle.