SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I wonder if any players will transfer because of this. If so who?

I doubt it. If so, they would have to transfer d2 or d3, otherwise they have to give up a year. It's not as if this coaching staff was something to be coveted. They set the program back so far and dug a hole for future players and coaches. Maybe a few players have emotional ties to the coaching staff, but it seems far fetched that many if any would transfer.

I also heard some coaches may reapply for their jobs as assistance with the new coach.

I doubt it. If so, they would have to transfer d2 or d3, otherwise they have to give up a year. It's not as if this coaching staff was something to be coveted. They set the program back so far and dug a hole for future players and coaches. Maybe a few players have emotional ties to the coaching staff, but it seems far fetched that many if any would transfer.

I also heard some coaches may reapply for their jobs as assistance with the new coach.

several of them have an unused redshirt, and those are the ones most likely to be welcomed elsewhere, since they were good enough to play early. There might be a couple, but I don't think it will be much more than you would expect from normal attrition.

Stanley Jones spent his Freshman year at West Fargo HS, so there already was a natural connection to the F-M community that probably influenced his decision to go with the Bison. He has a strong upside and could be a future star.

I wonder if any players will transfer because of this. If so who?

I would think the change in coaching staff may be more of a positive than a negative in keeping some of our better young talent. Many have to have been disillusioned for much of the season due to our poor results and the real or perceived lack of leadership. An energentic new coach and staff may excite players that the future is bright at UND. Hopefully, that will be the case!

• Upvote 1

As long as the new coach is hired and brought in in a timely matter I don't think we'll see a huge amount of defections. Whoever is hired will hopefully be able to convince the young guys to stick around. If the coaching search stretches into January that's when I think we could start seeing some guys jump ship.

Regarding Carr specifically, I think he's a smart enough kid to realize he has a good chance to step right into Hardin's shoes and be that burner on the outside for four years.

I would think the change in coaching staff may be more of a positive than a negative in keeping some of our better young talent. Many have to have been disillusioned for much of the season due to our poor results and the real or perceived lack of leadership. An energentic new coach and staff may excite players that the future is bright at UND. Hopefully, that will be the case!

I guess my whole question was due to Ryan Bartels quote in the paper talking about transferring.

several of them have an unused redshirt, and those are the ones most likely to be welcomed elsewhere, since they were good enough to play early. There might be a couple, but I don't think it will be much more than you would expect from normal attrition.

They still only have 4 years of playing eligibility if they redshirted. And that means going to another school for 4 more years. Tough to do, but possible.

He can give himself a "chest bump" if he wants, but I would prefer to have a completely new staff, with a new direction, new ideas, goals and thought process. Time to move onward and upward.

Kotelnicki and Schleusner are the two I wouldn't mind sticking around. Luke has been pretty good recruiting Illinois and Kotelnicki knows what he is doing with special teams.

• Upvote 1

Kotelnicki and Schleusner are the two I wouldn't mind sticking around. Luke has been pretty good recruiting Illinois and Kotelnicki knows what he is doing with special teams.

Agree with this only if they are class acts and command the respect of their players. I have seem so e comments on here where people felt that wasn't necessarily the case.

Also, I would worry a bit about how much comradery there would be between those two and the coaches who replaced them.

I don't think they command respect if they didn't get the respect from the current players. Sorry, but I personally would rather have a completely new staff and no carry over from the previous dysfunction.

The strength coach is the only coach that really does anything other than recruit and exit meetings after a season, he's in charge for now.

So you don't find it funny that Faison wouldn't have the assistant coaches out recruiting. They're under contract until Jan. Just drop the recruiting for better than a month? Not the way it's usually done.