SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I'm assuming he would have to sit out a year so he would be able to play in January 2015 if he decided to come to UND for the second semester. He would then have 3 1/2 years of eligibility left.

That is how I interpreted it as well. Likely why he is transferring now instead of the end of the season, only costs him half a season instead of a full one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got it from a pretty good source that UND has about a 50% chance of landing Shanks. I believe he is definitely going to be visiting UND although I'm not sure when.

@RyanJamesMN: 7-ft Carson Shanks, the Utah State transfer, is here as a Gopher guest once again. He's going to be a Gopher once admitted.

UND commit, Geno Crandall, congratulated DJ Davis for his commitment on twitter: Congrats to my brother @DejonJumpman committing to Northern Colorado. Lookin forward to playin against this cake for years to come. #BigSky

DJ responded with: @Geno25Crandall lol they just beat UND by 22

Hopefully Geno can help change that outcome either next year or the following depending on if he redshirts.

• Upvote 1

NDSU did not offer out of HS that I'm aware of. Sounds like Utah St really tried hard to get him to stay and he has improved significantly. Would be curious why NDSU wasn't interested, they will be sorely lacking any inside presence. The Bismarck kid will never play an impact role at the D1 level and they're only other returning big in Kading is there to steal minutes only.

I will tell you that when Shanks was going to transfer, I was told he was 75% sure he was going to UND - mainly because of his friendship and wanting to play with Hooker. Then the Gophers came calling and it was hard for him to turn down a possibility to play in the Big Ten - although I'm told he was completely torn between UND and UofM. I don't believe he had any interest in NDSU - it was UND or U of M.