SiouxSports.com Forum

Oh, the Anxiety....

BobIwabuchiFan

And you (based on the attitude that you display here in your posts) seem to agree with them.

As usual, you have made a bad assumption based on poor reading comprehension. I have repeatedly said that I don't like what the NCAA has done, and I don't agree with it. But the NCAA and the court systems don't really care what I think, any more than they care what you think. What I think isn't going to change the NCAA policy. What the people of North Dakota think isn't going to affect the NCAA policy. This isn't a popularity contest.

I live in the real world where you have to deal with real consequences. I'm not sure what world you live in. UND has to deal with the consequences that the NCAA has in place. You don't have to deal with the NCAA consequences. UND should have the right to make the changes needed to avoid those consequences. That is what I support. That is why I keep explaining that the NCAA has the law on its side and we aren't able to change that fact. That is why I support retiring the nickname. I approach the issue from a pragmatic and business side, not some pie in the sky world where things don't happen because they are "wrong". I work to change things I can change, if I can't change them I learn to work around them. The most practical way to deal with the NCAA Native American policy is to change the name. UND needs to change the nickname.

• Upvote 4

Going on around the state today ... http://www.grandfork...icle/id/235529/

Tim O'Keefe, executive vice-president of UND Alumni Association and Foundation, former UND mens hockey letterwinner

Rick Bergum, president, UND Foundation

Al Olson, former Governor of North Dakota and UND alumnus

Jim Kleinsasser, UND football letterwinner

Sheri Kleinsasser Stockmoe, UND WBB letterwinner

Dave Hakstol, UND mens hockey letterwinner and current mens hockey coach

Kylie Oversen, current student body president at UND

Dale Lennon, UND letterwinner and former head football coach

The list grows, and it's people that have unquestionable ties to the University of North Dakota, people that can't be "bought" (as some claim Hakstol was) or manipulated (as some claim Dr. Kelley and the ND SBoHE is doing). It's people who are connected. It's people who know how to make things happen in the world, but who also see that the NCAA won't budge and know when it's time to cut the losses.

So, whom to believe:

fans with nothing more than a love of a logo, who'd be willing to burn down UND for two words, like Fetch and DaveK,

or

UND lettermen, graduates, and donors, like Tim O'Keefe and Jim Kleinsasser.

• Upvote 4

Going on around the state today ... http://www.grandfork...icle/id/235529/

Tim O'Keefe, executive vice-president of UND Alumni Association and Foundation, former UND mens hockey player

Rick Bergum, president, UND Foundation

Al Olson, former of North Dakota

Jim Kleinsasser

Sheri Kleinsasser Stockmoe

Dave Hakstol

Kylie Oversen, current student body president at UND

Dale Lennon, UND letterwinner and former head football coach

The list grows, and it's people that have unquestionable ties to the University of North Dakota, people that can't be "bought" (as some claim Hakstol was) or manipulated (as some claim Dr. Kelley and the ND SBoHE is doing). It's people who are connected. It's people who know how to make things happen in the world, but who also see that the NCAA won't budge and know when it's time to cut the losses.

So, who to believe:

fans with nothing more than a love of a logo, who'd be willing to burn down UND for two words, like Fetch and DaveK,

or

UND lettermen, graduates, and donors, like Tim O'Keefe and Jim Kleinsasser.

Do you mean that people actually dealing with the situation and people that have a strong and direct connection to the situation might have a better idea about what is happening than anonymous posters on an internet forum? How can that be? I am shocked,... shocked I say. :whistling:;)
  • Upvote 3

Do you mean that people actually dealing with the situation and people that have a strong and direct connection to the situation might have a better idea about what is happening than anonymous posters on an internet forum? How can that be? I am shocked,... shocked I say. :whistling:;)

Yeah, what is this world coming to? :)

it's a conspiracy, I tells ya!!!!

The first stop on the statewide tour is complete:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/359369/

"It's not about preference anymore," O'Keefe said. "It's about the price (UND) will pay if we are forced to keep the nickname."

O'Keefe said he had "the unanimous support" of the association's board: http://www.undfoundation.org/Page.aspx?pid=1384

By O'Keefe's statement there's two more letterwinners: Steve Burian and Marc Chorney

trex you old fossil it was a joke - "lighten up while you still can"

we know the vast majority will vote no "don't even try to understand"

The thing is, you've said enough other things just as absurd that you're credibility isn't so great. It's hard to tell when you're being sarcastic and when you're willing to go down in flames with the entire school to save the name.

They?? You must mean "We." I'm going to cash my check from the NCAA right after I post this.... ;)

Shhhhhhhhhh, I didn't want to let Fetch, Dave and the others how good the dough is. Next thing you know they'll want in on the next round and that'll cut in on our share. :whistling:

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/shocker-anti-fighting-sioux-alumni-illegally-using-university-airplane-to-announce-campaign/

A group of alumni opposing the University of North Dakota’s Fighting Sioux nickname are using North Dakota State Unviersity’s airplane to fly around the state and announce their campaign.

Read the comments section:

Rob, you could not be more wrong on this story.

Here is the truth (which you would have learned if you 'd bothered to ask before posting).

We leased a plane from the Fargo Jet Center as any business or private organization can do.

It turned out that the plane is owned by the NDSU Foundation (not a state agency), a fact we learned in the air halfway to Bismarck.

Again, any business or group that leases a plane through the Jet Center could end up with this plane.

No state funds were used to rent the plane.

Milo Smith

UND Alumni Association & Foundation

Director of Communications

• Upvote 2

Rob Port is posting half-truths and pulling stuff out of his ass?

I'm shocked. :ohmy:

Rob seems to think he is still right:

By the way, Milo, the plane is registered to the university. It was subject to legislative oversight earlier this year.

It is a state owned plane with a government registration. Try again.

State resources may not be used for political purposes whether youbpaid for it not.

Im told that there is a criminal already being filed.

Rob Port is posting half-truths and pulling stuff out of his ass?

I'm shocked. :ohmy:

Well, it is the "Say Anything Blog", so you can't accuse him of misrepresenting the forum. Rob has the right to say anything there. Now, if he came out and wrote that he likes to wear dresses and visit the 'SU ag barns on Friday night, who among us can judge him with that statement on his own blog? :devil::lol:

he likes to wear dresses and visit the 'SU ag barns on Friday night

Quote:

State ag college resources may not be used for entertainment purposes whether you paid for it or not.

I'm told that there is an animal cruelty already being filed.

Hey I can do this blog thing too!

• Upvote 1

I can't help the fact that you are unable (or unwilling) to accept that the NCAA's being a monopoly makes the "private organization" argument a moot point. What they are trying to do is unconstitutional and to be perfectly frank downright hateful and racist. If this was the Big 10 or the Big Sky I would be willing to buy the "private organization" argument, as there are other equal conferences to choose from, but because there is no other organization that is the equal of the NCAA (and spare me the NAIA argument, it isn't equal and you know it) this is a flawed logic. If you didn't have your nose so far up the NCAA's butts maybe you would not be blinded to that.

Does the following statement look familiar? It is directly from Judge Erickson when he dismissed the Spirit Lake lawsuit.

“As a voluntary, private organization, the NCAA was free to implement the policies it saw fit for governing its events, no matter how provident or improvident that policies may have been.”
I guess that being a voluntary organization might have been important in the case.

Well, that should make you and the rest of the Sioux-hating/NCAA-loving PC zealots here on this forum very happy. :glare:

You are completely ignorant, aren't you? And you can't separate fantasy from reality. Everyone on this forum that has been saying it is time to retire the nickname are fans of UND AND fans of the nickname. But we recognize that sometimes you move on. Sometimes you end the fight before you lose everything. As a wise man once said, "you've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em." You don't know when to fold 'em.

Well, that should make you and the rest of the Sioux-hating/NCAA-loving PC zealots here on this forum very happy. :glare:

Nobody is happy.....

Judge Erickson is not Happy (UND Alum)....

It is what it is, and what it has become....

Wake up!

• Upvote 1