SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock, Danny, and Derek: PLEASE STAY!!!

yzerman19

Really very suprised about Nelson leaving and wish he would have stayed another year. I hope he has success and doesn't end up in the minors all year next year and come back to regret his decison like guys have in the past, but I kinda think that might be the situation. The only thing I can really think of with Nelson as he may feel this was gonna be his best year stat wise and didn't think he would be able to put up those kind of numbers again. I really hope it didn't have a whole lot to do with Garth Snow not thinking college hockey developed players very well. I think he will definitely have to get stronger to get to the NHL and really think it was a bad decison for him to leave, but definitely wish him the best of luck!

these kids always think the grass is always greener but yet come back and say how they regret their decision. well they can regret it all they want as they go and cash their paycheck. hopefully brock doesn't spend the majority of the year in the minors but that is the chance he is taking with paycheck in hand.

• Upvote 1

Was really hoping Brock would stick around for a while, I felt he had a chance to put up Frattin-type numbers if he stayed the full term as much as he improved last year.

Oh well, that's part of recruiting studs...you're probably on borrowed time you just don't know how much.

Really very suprised about Nelson leaving and wish he would have stayed another year. I hope he has success and doesn't end up in the minors all year next year and come back to regret his decison like guys have in the past, but I kinda think that might be the situation. The only thing I can really think of with Nelson as he may feel this was gonna be his best year stat wise and didn't think he would be able to put up those kind of numbers again. I really hope it didn't have a whole lot to do with Garth Snow not thinking college hockey developed players very well. I think he will definitely have to get stronger to get to the NHL and really think it was a bad decison for him to leave, but definitely wish him the best of luck!

Then that would make Garth Snow a moron because UND is well-known for developing players for the next level. But I guess a lot of people already think that about Garth Snow.

Then that makes Garth Snow a moron because UND is well-known for developing players for the next level. But I guess a lot of people already think that about Garth Snow.

Yeah I definitely think a lot of people think that about Garth Snow, especially those around the college game. When the Sioux have players draft eligible I have started to hope they don't get taken by the Islanders after some of the stuff I've heard about Snow. I really didn't even think too much about Nelson leaving with everything I knew about him and from seeing him play and I think most assumed he would be back and he's gone, so maybe we will be lucky and get Kristo back, the one who everyone figured was gone.

I don't think Snow had much to do with Brock's decision. Earlier this offseason someone tweeted that the Isle's weren't going to pressure him, that it was all up to Brock. Apparently Brock decided it was time to move on, which is very understandable after his big year. Best of luck to him and make UND proud! Thanks for your great 2 years.

What are you basing that on? If he isn't up with the big club for good by January I'll be surprised.

I think people are basing their opinions on the fact Nelson wasn't nearly as dominant as Frattin, Oshie, and Zajac, much less Toews and Parise. I feel their opinions are justified, as he is not strong enough yet (Forbort and Kristo are also not powerful enough with the puck, in my opinion) for the NHL. 1 more year with UND would be great (would have been great) for all 3 of them. Perhaps he will prove us wrong.... only time will tell. Regardless, good luck to him as he pursues his future career.

What are you basing that on? If he isn't up with the big club for good by January I'll be surprised.

This was the first season that Nelson really dominated at times with his combination of size and speed. Once he starts skating with the professionals, he'll be going up against bigger and stronger athletes than he is used to. I hope he makes the adjustment sooner than 2-3 years, but I have my doubts. Nelson is not another Toews or Parise and I think he's in for a nasty surprise.

Good luck to Brock. Just one thought. There is a big difference at the next level in 6'4" and a lanky 192 and 6'4 and a solid 215. Hopefully he can bulk up in between those long bus trips. Like I said good luck Brock, I am sure you are fulfilling a life long dream most of us on this board including me will never get a chance to fulfill.

Rowney says he's coming back.

Dear Carter,

You know that nice spurt you had in January through mid-February?

You need to have one like that that starts on October 1 and end on April 15.

Do that and you'll be very happy you came back ... and so will we. ;)

UND fans :)

Stuck in the AHL for 2-3 years? No way in hell. He'll be in the AHL one year max. Once he throws a little more bulk on his body he's going to be a very good NHL player. Probably a second liner, but could move up to first line on the Isles.