SiouxSports.com Forum

Jersey Concepts

Big A HG

I think one alternative would be a jersey with a small font line of

"University of North"

above a huge fonted

"Dakota"

Keep the Green/white and black variation color schemes of course.

Basically trading the 'controversial' Sioux for the State and Universities actual name highlighted and bolded and out there!

They should have you design the jerseys. I would square of the bottom of this one though. Try making the stripes on the arms equal. Something is getting lost with the two sizes. This also would look good in green. This is going sound wierd but is there a way to include a little pink in as homage to the origional school colors?

RBK has a template you can design off of, but that template is a modern cut like you see in the concept image. I don't believe they even offer a custom hockey jersey with the looser, "squared off bottom" fit anymore. Also, to get a really vintage look, you'd need a tighter jersey, and the jersey style you are referencing is a lot looser and baggier, and wouldn't look any better (in my opinion) than the modern cut.

The official school colors are still include pink, but it's not an athletic color. No men's jersey that I've ever seen included pink, so I didn't think this would be the opportunity to add it.

I do appreciate the input and you didn't offend me with the comment I quoted before. I just thought it was a good spot to point out the positives of being interested in school uni's. :)

Adam, as always, great work. UND should take advantage of your knowledge and design ideas for the future. It would be a mistake if they didn't.

That retro is awesome. I'd buy one.

My thoughts exactly. I think you definitely achieved your goal of wanting to make it look old-timey even though it's a totally new design.

I can't wait to see the others!

Can't we just all agree that the Minnesota block "M" is the best logo on the front of any hockey jersey in the world? :)

It's clean, sharp, and you can tell excatly what it is from the last row of the upper deck.

They should go back to the 70's era look - with the Flyers style arm striping. I'm surprised they have never brought that back for a retro/3rd jersey.

The 'M" was bigger then, only one outline color vs. 2 outline colors now.

Alas, the team was better then, too.

RBK has a template you can design off of, but that template is a modern cut like you see in the concept image. I don't believe they even offer a custom hockey jersey with the looser, "squared off bottom" fit anymore. Also, to get a really vintage look, you'd need a tighter jersey, and the jersey style you are referencing is a lot looser and baggier, and wouldn't look any better (in my opinion) than the modern cut.

The official school colors are still include pink, but it's not an athletic color. No men's jersey that I've ever seen included pink, so I didn't think this would be the opportunity to add it.

I do appreciate the input and you didn't offend me with the comment I quoted before. I just thought it was a good spot to point out the positives of being interested in school uni's. :)

As soon as I read a tighter fit thinking about old pictures of hockey players your right they are a tighter fit and squaring off would not work.

Can't we just all agree that the Minnesota block "M" is the best logo on the front of any hockey jersey in the world? :)

It's clean, sharp, and you can tell excatly what it is from the last row of the upper deck.

Not to mention it's actually a "W" that someone sewed on upside-down...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the vintage style jersey in photographic form. I've never tried a uni swap like this on a photo, but it turned out pretty decent for the most part. It's not something I would probably do again as it's pretty extensive.

Anyways, how do your opinions change now that you can see it "in use"?

vandeveldeFinalProof_sml.png

• Upvote 3

For me personally, the throw back lace in the collar look is getting played out. Other than that, I was very pleased with the sweaters they wore in regionals. I've always been more of a fan jerseys that have the team logo for a crest rather than just block letters. But we don't know where that's going yet......