SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Final Five - Where are you sitting?

MafiaMan

I can't remember who usually starts this yearly topic but figured I would jump on it this year...what section are you sitting in for this year's games and how do you choose what jersey you're going to wear?

Is there any criteria that you use to determine what jersey you wear to the game? White jersey when the team wears white, black because you got a ketchup stain on your white jersey at the last game you attended? Green all weekend because it stands out in the crowd?

Is this the weekend to bust out the throwback or do you stick with the newer Reebok style jersey?

Same jersey all weekend because you're superstitious or do you change it up?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I usually bring three to four jerseys with (I'm like a girl who can't figure out what purse to use). I am going to start off the weekend with a little retro style (green blackhawk one) and then if we win and play on Friday I am going to wear my white TJ Oshie jersey (it seems like his game usually elevated whenever he played the Gophers). Then if we make it to the Championship game I will be wearing my white Reebok (same as I wore last year when we won in double OT). That's just me though! :D

I usually bring three to four jerseys with (I'm like a girl who can't figure out what purse to use). I am going to start off the weekend with a little retro style (green blackhawk one) and then if we win and play on Friday I am going to wear my white TJ Oshie jersey (it seems like his game usually elevated whenever he played the Gophers). Then if we make it to the Championship game I will be wearing my white Reebok (same as I wore last year when we won in double OT). That's just me though! :D

Did we really win in double OT last year? I thought we man handled the opponent in the Championship game, maybe that was the year before against St. Cloud when the boys damn near ran out of gas. Someone refresh my memory.

I have and will be wearing a black Toews sweater, just don't know whether to bust it out from day 1. I wore the jersey in Duluth and they won on Friday night (only game I attended) but the boys haven't played that well in blacks all year -- have to wonder if the blacks aren't going to be worn for the rest of the year. I'd be okay with that.

Folks, ... so obvious ...

Thu: UND being the better seed is the home team --> white

Fri: UND will be the lower seed and it'll be all business, so you wear the business suits --> black

Sat: UND will be the lower seed again (most likely), and it's St. Patrick's Day --> green

This has been your UND Hockey fashion consulting minute.

• Upvote 1

I used to wear white authentic Nike dazzle on the Thursday night play in game because I was usually the not too out of control and didn't fear stains. I would wear green geometric authentic Gemini dazzle and black authentic Gemini dazzle during day games (throwback) and then switch to Gemini authentics with new logo for the night games. Now my strategy has changed with the format as it did last year and will plan on reversing the order and for sure be wearing the greens on Saturday as part of the green out when even some gopher fans tend to wear green supporting the Sioux in outward appearance. I don't have room to wear my green blackhawk any of then nights and typically give that one to a friend. We are sitting behind the benches center ice behind the gopher presidents as always. GO SIOUX!!!

Did we really win in double OT last year? I thought we man handled the opponent in the Championship game, maybe that was the year before against St. Cloud when the boys damn near ran out of gas. Someone refresh my memory.

I have and will be wearing a black Toews sweater, just don't know whether to bust it out from day 1. I wore the jersey in Duluth and they won on Friday night (only game I attended) but the boys haven't played that well in blacks all year -- have to wonder if the blacks aren't going to be worn for the rest of the year. I'd be okay with that.

Double OT against DU last year, Scsu the year before.

Fri: UND will be the lower seed and it'll be all business, so you wear the business suits --> black

Sat: UND will be the lower seed again (most likely), and it's St. Patrick's Day --> green

I like that plan and may have to go with that!

Double OT against DU last year, Scsu the year before.

Won't ever forget the SCSU game...Huskies up 2-0 about 30 seconds into the game...Gopher fan in front of me turns around and promptly razzes my 8 year old kid about how his team is "gonna get smoked tonight!"...told kid to relax and remember that the teams play 3 periods and not to worry, the Sioux will win the title...Sioux tie it up before the end of the period...Gopher fan now can't even bear to turn around and look at me...Sioux go on to put the hammer down in the third...ballgame...all smiles when the horn sounds...except for the guy in front of me. :devil:

Won't ever forget the SCSU game...Huskies up 2-0 about 30 seconds into the game...Gopher fan in front of me turns around and promptly razzes my 8 year old kid about how his team is "gonna get smoked tonight!"...told kid to relax and remember that the teams play 3 periods and not to worry, the Sioux will win the title...Sioux tie it up before the end of the period...Gopher fan now can't even bear to turn around and look at me...Sioux go on to put the hammer down in the third...ballgame...all smiles when the horn sounds...except for the guy in front of me. :devil:

I was at this game with my son and his girlfriend(a St Cloud State Student),His girlfriend was trying to talk smack to me when the score was 2-0. By the end of the game she was ready to crawl. I may never get her to switch to being a Sioux fan, but she now knows better than to talk smack in regards to Sioux hockey! :silly:

I figure to wear white on Thursday since Sioux will be home team, and green the other days. I like the idea of green since no one else there has green and it stands out so well. MTU has black.

BTW - we are in the front row of 204.

You are thinking of the regional final vs. Denver, we really thumped them! :)

As for where I am sitting, me and my wife will be sitting in Section 125 near the top of the lower bowl. I am in one of the corners, so I have a great view of the ice. And most of the Gopher fans I sit near are actually nice and decent to deal with.

Yes! Here's mine;

Thursday : Home White ENGELSTAD

Friday: Alternate Black FRATTIN

Saturday: St Patty's Day Green With my name on it

I'll be in Section 121 all weekend.