SiouxSports.com Forum

Great West Tournament

UND92,96

Sioux has lost all season on the road. I feel as though the tourn. will be more of an away weekend. In result they will lose in the champoinship to Utah Vally by 18.

I am disapointed that the boys have not been able to put thier skills together on the road. They are not young anymore. They have been together for two years most of them.

Sioux has lost all season on the road. I feel as though the tourn. will be more of an away weekend. In result they will lose in the champoinship to Utah Vally by 18.

I am disapointed that the boys have not been able to put thier skills together on the road. They are not young anymore. They have been together for two years most of them.

Love your confidence. We just beat Utah Valley and we are 2-0 at Chicago the last 2 years. If you don't understand that we are undefeated at this Chicago arena. I like our chances of winning this and no way we lose by 18.

• Upvote 1

Actually UND has won 2 road games.

The entire tournament was decided by eleven total points in all games last year. In the 3 North Dakota games last season the total margin of victory was 4. It's tournament basketball. Physically, its whatever you have left at the end of a long season campaign. But more mental toughness to not get rattled by a run or know how valuable each possesion is in late game situations. But your right, in today's only men's game it was another close one.

GF Herald: Expect buzzer-beaters in Great West tourney

The Sioux won its quarterfinal matchup by one point, its semifinal by two and the championship game by one in double overtime. The point differential for the entire tournament last year, in fact, added up to 11 points.

“We’re playing our best basketball and that’s what you want in March,” Jones said. “We’ll focus on why we’re playing well. It starts defensively. Then offensively, we’re doing a nice job moving the ball. Through the unselfishness and being focused on making that extra pass, our offense has started to click.”

Basically everything that we have been discussing on here for a while. The team has played pretty good defense lately. And when the offense plays as a team and moves the ball well, the team can have alot of success.

AAARRGGGGHHHH!!

You have to pay to watch the freaking Great West Tournament............... :sneaky:

Just saw that, as I signed up (which made it seem free) and then at the end they say "You don't have access to view the content - sign up for package by clicking continue", then goes to the place to charge you. Not cool.