SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Denver II

jodcon

1.  Eidness has to make that save - the guy had to go to that side due to the defender coming from the middle, his hand was forced..

2.  Mattson turns it over and then does not take the penalty to save a goal or at least take stab at the stick.   Double F'up on one play.

I don't see a crosscheck there. Forbort just shoved the player. His hands were already on the DU player, he just gave him a little shove to try to push him behind the net and away from Eids. (I guess I don't know how "crosscheck" reads in the rule book, but it didn't look like one to me.)

Edit: I just looked up "cross-checking" in the rule book. Something about "extending the arms with both hands on the stick". If that's the case it definitely was a crosscheck, but I've NEVER seen that called that way before. They called it because the net went flying. Once again they called the result rather than the action (Mac's hit last night)