SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Denver II

jodcon

If this team can win at least 5 straight, including the first game at the X, I say they are in the NCAA for sure based on what I've read and seen.

Couldn't agree witht the bolded statement more. This team IMO truly believes it's a top 10 team. They can play with anyone...as long as it's Friday night. The fatigue due to so many minutes on these guys is starting to show. Hak has done a great job getting them rest during the week, but they are spent come the end of the 2nd period on Sat. Look at the last 3 weekends.

Penalties! Uhhhhhhggggg. This is the last time I will say this, but you just can't have your captain, an "A", and a former "A" being the top 3 guys in penalties and PIM. Blood is so close on a weekly basis of getting tossed with some of his antics...would have thought Hak dressing him down and stripping him of the "A" would have sunk in. IF this team can play 5v5 hockey, I'd favor them over any team. But when you can't score on the PP, and you give up PP goals and now shorties in 2 of last 3 games, that's not a good recipe for wins.

This team needs 5 wins in a row...IMO you hitch that playoff mode wagon to Dell and roll with him. IMO BE's numbers have been better than this play. No way Shore should have found any room to fire at on the 1st goal. Goal #4 BE was just way out of position and the shorty was a combo platter of Mattson bailing on the play and BE not coming out to challenge the shooter more.

My gut says the next 2 weekends at the Ralph, barring more injuries, will result in 4 wins. Will be interesting to see where we sit Pairwise after that.

Good post. This team won't make an NCAA run with Eidsness. I think he's played well for the team in certain spots, but he hasn't stole a game for them, and if they go anywhere it will be with Dell in the net. Dell needs to step up next weekend at home and retain his starter role. I don't think you can be juggling goaltenders in March, one guy needs to be the guy, and then ride him the rest of the way.

Lamoureax and Blood need to play more composed. You can't have a short lineup and have a parade to the penalty box. Blood was lucky he didn't get the boot last night. There is a fine line between playing hard nosed and laying everything out on the line for your team, and playing stupid. I think we may be seeing a little bit of the latter with some of the guys that can't afford to be doing so.

I think you said it best sir....lets look at the penalty minutes leaders....

1. MacWilliam

2. Blood

3. Lamoureax

And the next closest guy is Kristo with 23 less minutes than Lamoureax. Can't happen....just can't.

1. When are the coaches going to realize that we need to rotate goalies? It's been a long time since we've had two good starts in one weekend from a starting goalie. Eidsness got lucky last night with posts and rebounds...and then got burnt tonight. Dell should have started if he was good enough to play in the 3rd.

2. Multiple jersey popping by DU players? Really lame. Maybe all the Sioux fans at Magness confused them and they thought they were on the road? Zucker is a fun player to watch...but with him constantly running his mouth and his antics on the ice, he's going to have to tone that down in the NHL or beware.

3. I think the Sioux played well enough to win, but the special teams goals allowed killed them for sure. That SHG was the killer IMO. Either Mattson needs to take the penalty to prevent the shot, or Eidsness needs to cover that better (or both would be ideal).

4. Must sweep next weekend against a weaker opponent. No letdowns on Saturday after coming out flying on Friday. Two wins and a series win in the first round might be enough to earn that tourney berth.

5. Quit taking stupid f'ing penalties. Especially retaliation penalties and penalties during stoppages in play. We're not that great on the PK right now.

As far as the PK goes, Friday night the NBC crew couldn't stop talking about the way they were pressuring the puck during the pk. I know we had a bad game yesterday as far as the pk goes. In the last 3 weeks I have seen that the friday night pk is good and the sat night not so much. I think that coaches need to press the point that those stupid penalties need to stop. There is a difference in the major we took friday(which at the most should have been a 2) and the major we took last night to end the game. Last nights major was pure stupidity. Killed any chance for a comeback.

Yeah good point, they are so bad that there are only 09/58 teams in front of them. :bigsmile:

I honestly didn't think it was rated that high, that being said I think that it has been ver inconsistent and has had trouble establishing a controlled pressure. I seem to recall quite a few times being pressured in our own end on the PP and struggling to establish the puck in the offensive zone. Consistency in opportunity I believe could be much better.