SiouxSports.com Forum

25th Anniversary of the 87 Championship Team

Siouxperfan7

This was probably one of the greatest college hockey teams in history. A 40-8 record, a Hobey Baker winner that set the NCAA scoring record that still stands today, WCHA regular season Champsion, WCHA playoff Champion, and NCAA Champion. I doubt we will see another team like this for a long time.

Any word if UND plans on honoring this team this year? They deffinitely deserve it. I really hope UND has something worked out to remember arguably the best Fighting Sioux hockey team ever!!

I was in 5th grade...what a year to be a 5th grade boy in GF...Sioux dominate and win with the Hrkac Circus, and then the Twins win the world series...what a year.

No team or line has ever been as dominant.

I had been out of UND for 5 years. Of course my college years included 2 NCAA championships and a runner-up.

25 years, holy crap, i was a sophmore in Walsh Hall, lot of memories

West Hall was fun back then..Fridays we would go to Buck pitchers at the Spud from 2:30-5:30, then to Wilkerson for a little food service :( and then head over to the arena to watch the ass whipping. (how they lost to US International I'll never understand). Then off to the East side for more fun...good times...

I saw that team play against the BADgers at the Dane County Coliseum. I can't remember which game it was, but we were down 1-0 after the first. My wife and I went to the Blue Line Club for a beer. We got a bit of late start back to our seats which were all the way around the building. As we were walking, the good guys tied the game. We kept walking and the Sioux go up 2-1. I am pretty sure we saw more goals and we swept the BADgers in their barn. Good times.

West Hall was fun back then..Fridays we would go to Buck pitchers at the Spud from 2:30-5:30, then to Wilkerson for a little food service :sad: and then head over to the arena to watch the ass whipping. (how they lost to US International I'll never understand). Then off to the East side for more fun...good times...

Remember how long the line was to get into the bar at 4:00?

West Hall was fun back then..Fridays we would go to Buck pitchers at the Spud from 2:30-5:30, then to Wilkerson for a little food service :sad: and then head over to the arena to watch the ass whipping. (how they lost to US International I'll never understand). Then off to the East side for more fun...good times...

We would hit the Down UNDer...and 2:30??? Kind of a late start for a Friday afternoon back in the day!