SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

If you folks choose to discuss this ndsu pissing contest please do so elsewhere. I would truly appreciate only UND recruiting information and discussion within this thread. I don't care who started the pissing match, let's just end it and get on with recruiting info as it comes.

• Upvote 1

If you folks choose to discuss this ndsu pissing contest please do so elsewhere. I would truly appreciate only UND recruiting information and discussion within this thread. I don't care who started the pissing match, let's just end it and get on with recruiting info as it comes.

Having 2 freshman QB's on the roster, does UND sign another one this year, or do they skip a year in recruiting this position?

Having 2 freshman QB's on the roster, does UND sign another one this year, or do they skip a year in recruiting this position?

That's a pretty good question. They do have some offers out to QBs but I would think that they have to bring in a juco for depth. I think you need a QB every class personally but not sure if the coaching staff feels as strongly as I do about it.

Normally I wouldn't worry about a season with 7 home games, but with 2 Freshman QB's someone better step up as the leader of this team and quick. Valpo gives these guys a chance to get confortable but after that you have South Dakota State and Montana, so they better get the kinks out by Potato Bowl time. I wonder if they will go for another freshman or a Juco QB after Mollberg and Bartels.

That's a pretty good question. They do have some offers out to QBs but I would think that they have to bring in a juco for depth. I think you need a QB every class personally but not sure if the coaching staff feels as strongly as I do about it.

I agree with getting a QB every year as well. Trouble is recruits see that you have a guy a year older than him and that can be a determining factor in signing and not signing sometimes.

The position is too important not to have guys waiting in the wings.

For those who saw it before I deleted it, I apologize for my earlier post, it went too far.

It's no longer worth the aggravation having to defend everything that UND says or does against the NDSU #butthockey crowd, I wish we had a hockey program like UND to go with our football program at U of Montana but I guess that's illogical too according to some.

Been great posting here, take care all and go Sioux (yeah I meant Sioux).

I agree with getting a QB every year as well. Trouble is recruits see that you have a guy a year older than him and that can be a determining factor in signing and not signing sometimes.

The position is too important not to have guys waiting in the wings.

It's either sign a guy a year or two every other. You just need to find the guys that are confident enough to compete. Also the quality of depth will affect how many and how often you sign qbs. Right now we need another body not another cornerstone so maybe pick up a pow guy again.

For those who saw it before I deleted it, I apologize for my earlier post, it went too far.

It's no longer worth the aggravation having to defend everything that UND says or does against the NDSU #butthockey crowd, I wish we had a hockey program like UND to go with our football program at U of Montana but I guess that's illogical too according to some.

Been great posting here, take care all and go Sioux (yeah I meant Sioux).

This is the ultimate win for the trolls, don't stop posting because some idiot on the internet takes pleasure in baiting people. Ignore and live to post another day.

• Upvote 3

Depends on how confident the coaches are in Mollberg and Bartels. Normally I'd like to sign a quarterback every year or 4 out of every 5 years but we're in a very unique situation in that we signed 2 quality guys in the same season and don't have anyone else on the roster remaining. I would much rather see us bring in a transfer than sign another freshman because a freshman who comes in is likely going to be buried on the depth chart for most of his career. Then again, I don't know much about the guys we have offers to and if the coaches think there's a guy too good to not offer, I'm all for it.

QB has been a position of need from a recruiting stand point for 2/3 years up to last year. It would be the 2010/2009 recruiting class that would be upper classman this year and the big miss from those classes was Trey Demler. I know that staff was execited about him when they got him as a fall verbal. But, it appears that he lost interest in football. I would assume that the coaching staff is looking for one or two recruits this year. One a high school senior and the other a JUCO or drop down.

2007: Jake Landry, Brock Setness*

2008: Seth Nicholls#, Marcus Hendrickson

2009: Blair Townsend#

2010: Chris Comes*, Trey Demler*

2011: Joey Bradley*

2012: Ryan Bratels, Joe Molberg, Braden Hanson and Jake Hanson

* no longer at UND

# playing at another position

Then with all due respect I think the time has come to start blocking certain posters, they bring nothing of value to a site designed to allow fans of UND to offer thoughts, conjecture and discussion. We don't need bison fact checkers, trolls and flamers - it has become tiresome I know of a couple of UND fans that can no longer tolerate coming here because every discussion gets derailed. If you think I am in the minority why not set up a poll on the subject.

I agree, but the "Manage Ignore Prefs" might be a better solution. The trolls come here to get a reaction, plain and simple. By using the Ignore option, I avoid reading their posts unless someone replies to them. If UND fans ignore them and don't reply to them, maybe, just maybe the worst of the worst will go away.

QB has been a position of need from a recruiting stand point for 2/3 years up to last year. It would be the 2010/2009 recruiting class that would be upper classman this year and the big miss from those classes was Trey Demler. I know that staff was execited about him when they got him as a fall verbal. But, it appears that he lost interest in football. I would assume that the coaching staff is looking for one or two recruits this year. One a high senior and the other a JUCO or drop down.

2007: Jake Landry, Brock Setness*

2008: Seth Nicholls#, Marcus Hendrickson

2009: Blair Townsend#

2010: Chris Comes*, Trey Demler*

2011: Joey Bradley*

2012: Ryan Bratels, Joe Molberg, Braden Hanson and Jake Hanson

* no longer at UND

# playing at another position

I hear a lot on Mollberg and Bartels, but not much is ever said about Jake Hanson. I work with his cousin so that was how I knew he was still on the team. Could he rival the other two for the starting job?

I agree, but the "Manage Ignore Prefs" might be a better solution. The trolls come here to get a reaction, plain and simple. By using the Ignore option, I avoid reading their posts unless someone replies to them. If UND fans ignore them and don't reply to them, maybe, just maybe the worst of the worst will go away.

I agree Manage/Ignore let's me stop reading them but it doesn't stop them from derailing every thread.