SiouxSports.com Forum

Petitions

darell1976

http://espn.go.com/c...-sioux-nickname

Under the repeal initiative, if nickname supporters turn in petition signatures from at least 13,452 North Dakota voters by Feb. 7, University of North Dakota teams will have to keep using the Fighting Sioux nickname until the next statewide election. North Dakota is holding a primary June 12, but Gov. Jack Dalrymple has the option of calling a special election before then.

The constitutional initiative requires supporters to collect signatures from at least 26,904 North Dakota voters by Aug. 8 in order to put the amendment to a vote in the November 2012 general election.

Anyone know how many signatures have been collected?

http://espn.go.com/c...-sioux-nickname

Anyone know how many signatures have been collected?

This won't happen because you can not repeal a law that would not have come close to withstanding a court challenge. UND will not use the name no matter what a vote decides or a petition's outcome. The SBOHE gets an injunction saying the law was unconstitutional to start with and that can not be forced to rebrand UND as the Sioux. Now ScottM knows this is what will happen Chewey knows this is what will happen also but will not probably say so here though.

This won't happen because you can not repeal a law that would not have come close to withstanding a court challenge. UND will not use the name no matter what a vote decides or a petition's outcome. The SBOHE gets an injunction saying the law was unconstitutional to start with and that can not be forced to rebrand UND as the Sioux. Now ScottM knows this is what will happen Chewey knows this is what will happen also but will not probably say so here though.

I hope you are right. I don't want to see UND athletics go up in flames.. no pun intended.

Notice how the REA stays away from it by not allowing the petioners to have them in the arena? The Great Oz is hiding from the truth. They remind me of the Koch Brothers.

That's a pretty big accusation to throw out there. And I am sure you have a lot of proof to throw out there for us to chew on and read.

Notice how the REA stays away from it by not allowing the petioners to have them in the arena? The Great Oz is hiding from the truth. They remind me of the Koch Brothers.

Getting your information from the anti-nickname folks or Bisonville? Just curious so I know what kind of response you'll come up with next...

I think the REA stayed away from it because if they allowed the pro nickname supporters inside to pass out their petitions...the anti-nickname groups could have been allowed inside to do the same thing and what an ugly clash that would be.

I think the REA stayed away from it because if they allowed the pro nickname supporters inside to pass out their petitions...the anti-nickname groups could have been allowed inside to do the same thing and what an ugly clash that would be.

Or any other group and that is what makes it so easy to deny them and still retain their anonimity. For Goon who thinks they are a grass root group he probably thinks the same thing about the teabaggers.

Or any other group and that is what makes it so easy to deny them and still retain their anonymity. For Goon who thinks they are a grass root group he probably thinks the same thing about the teabaggers Tea Party.

Fixed your post for you. You have no proof who is funding this lawsuit, again let's see what you have..

• Upvote 3

Fixed your post for you. You have no proof who is funding this lawsuit, again let's see what you have..

The are not a party so call them what they are and that is teabaggers who will be voted out in mass next November, state and federal the main stream GOP will see to it. Thank you for proving my point about your teabagger beliefs for me. You have no proof that the REA is not behind the petitions though do you?

REA Incorporated is playing the petitioners the smart way.

If they let this petition onto their premises they have to let all petition drives on in the future (or risk additional actions against them).

The smarter move is to let no petition drives onto their premises, even one that they probably support.

REA Incorporated is playing the petitioners the smart way.

If they let this petition onto their premises they have to let all petition drives on in the future (or risk additional actions against them).

The smarter move is to let no petition drives onto their premises, even one that they probably support.

Exactly what I said before.

The are not a party so call them what they are and that is Tea Party who will be voted out in mass next November, state and federal the main stream GOP will see to it. Thank you for proving my point about your Tea Party beliefs for me. You have no proof that the REA is not behind the petitions though do you?

Really, that's funny, all of the information that I have been reading says that The GOP will retain the house and gain the Senate as well. I guess that Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

I am not sure what your drinking. Also, you have no proof that REA is behind this, that's a pretty big accusation that you have no evidence at all to back up your claim. First off, REA has more to lose if UND loses it's bid to the BSC because they can sell seats in the Betty with BSC conference opponents better than they can with GWC opponents.

• Upvote 1

The Great Oz to you lefties is George Soros...he's been pulling the strings for years now. You should be proud of an Anti-American in charge of America.

Really, that's funny, all of the information that I have been reading says that The GOP will retain the house and gain the Senate as well. I guess that Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

I am not sure what your drinking. Also, you have no proof that REA is behind this, that's a pretty big accusation that you have no evidence at all to back up your claim. First off, REA has more to lose if UND loses it's bid to the BSC because they can sell seats in the Betty with BSC conference opponents better than they can with GWC opponents.

FauxNews and Rush do not count in reality.

The are not a party so call them what they are and that is teabaggers who will be voted out in mass next November, state and federal the main stream GOP will see to it. Thank you for proving my point about your teabagger beliefs for me. You have no proof that the REA is not behind the petitions though do you?

He did not make the statement - you did - which places the onus on you...

Typical of watchmaker. Never seems to have facts to back up statements.

North Dakota white people who are pro name are racists...like 99% of us.

PN is used by pro namers too? I never heard of the term in my 50 years but i did read about it in watchmakers post. I attended UND 1979-1981 and 1991-1996 and never heard it on campus.

If you only wish to be around the !@#$ you complain about but refuse to acknowledge the good things that do exist you should possibly see a doctor? There are meds for depression.

Typical of watchmaker. Never seems to have facts to back up statements.

North Dakota white people who are pro name are racists...like 99% of us.

PN is used by pro namers too? I never heard of the term in my 50 years but i did read about it in watchmakers post. I attended UND 1979-1981 and 1991-1996 and never heard it on campus.

If you only wish to be around the !@#$ you complain about but refuse to acknowledge the good things that do exist you should possibly see a doctor? There are meds for depression.

You may not hear it on campus but you do throughout the rest of the state. Of course I have no proof the REA is behind it but they are still controlled by a racist Nazi loving freak. You really believe that they could not be the power behind the curtain?

You may not hear it on campus but you do throughout the rest of the state. Of course I have no proof the REA is behind it but they are still controlled by a racist Nazi loving freak. You really believe that they could not be the power behind the curtain?

Newsflash, Ralph Engelstad died 9 years ago. Amazing how he can manage to run an arena from 6 feet underground....and the fact that he is dead and all.

Newsflash, Ralph Engelstad died 9 years ago. Amazing how he can manage to run an arena from 6 feet underground....and the fact that he is dead and all.

Watchmaker, just because Engelstad had parties where people dressed up as Nazi's does not mean he loved Nazi's. I remember a few years ago certain UND students got in trouble for dressing up as Native Americans for a party. At that time, the consensus of the anti-nickname crowd was that they dressed up this way to make fun of Native Americans, not because they were "Native American loving freaks." You don't know the situation surrounding the "Nazi" parties any better than anyone else and neither do I, but I would bet they were taken well out of context.

• Upvote 1