SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 World Junior Championship

Ray77

It's that time again! Anyone else getting ramped up for the WJC?! USA's first game looks like Monday, Dec. 26th against Denmark. A couple observations:

- Forbort is the lone Fighting Sioux on the team.

- Blais took Archibald.

- Roster is made up of:

*15 college hockey players (6 WCHA, 4 CCHA, 4 Hockey East, 1 ECACH)

*7 canadian juniors players (6 OHL, 1 WHL)

*1 USHL player

- The 1 ECACH player is the emergency goaltender (Andy Iles from Cornell)

Roster

Final U.S. National Junior Team roster set

USA WJC Blog

It's that time again! Anyone else getting ramped up for the WJC?! USA's first game looks like Monday, Dec. 26th against Denmark. A couple observations:

- Forbort is the lone Fighting Sioux on the team.

- Blais took Archibald.

- Roster is made up of:

*15 college hockey players (6 WCHA, 4 CCHA, 4 Hockey East, 1 ECACH)

*7 canadian juniors players (6 OHL, 1 WHL)

*1 USHL player

- The 1 ECACH player is the emergency goaltender (Andy Iles from Cornell)

Roster

Final U.S. National Junior Team roster set

USA WJC Blog

I hope Miller falls and breaks every bone in his body!

I hope Miller falls and breaks every bone in his body!

I also think Miller backstabbed the program after saying he was coming, but I for one am willing to put that aside for two weeks and support Team USA and their quest for gold. And hopefully our neighbors to the north three-peat by settling for silver once again!!! :devil:

2012 IIHF World Junior Championship

NHL Network (U.S.) Television Schedule

Date

Matchup

City *

Time (EST)

Dec. 26

Canada vs. Finland

Edmonton, Alta.

3:30 p.m.

USA vs. Denmark

Edmonton, Alta.

8 p.m.

Dec. 27

Denmark vs. Czech Republic

Edmonton, Alta.

8 p.m.

Dec. 28

Finland vs. USA

Edmonton, Alta.

Czech Republic vs. Canada

Edmonton, Alta.

8 p.m.

Dec. 29

Canada vs. Denmark

Edmonton, Alta.

8 p.m.

Dec. 30

Czech Republic vs. USA

Edmonton, Alta.

Finland vs. Denmark

Edmonton, Alta.

8 p.m.

Dec. 31

USA vs. Canada

Edmonton, Alta.

8 p.m.

Jan. 2

Quarterfinal #1

Calgary, Alta.

5 p.m.

Quarterfinal #2

Calgary, Alta.

9 p.m.

Jan. 3

Semifinal #1

Calgary, Alta.

5 p.m.

Semifinal #2

Calgary, Alta.

9 p.m.

Jan. 5

Bronze-Medal Game

Calgary, Alta.

Gold-Medal Game

Calgary, Alta.

8:00 p.m.

Coyle from BU with a hat trick, Rau with 2 goals, Bjugstad with the GWG. I saw one assist by Forbort, I missed some goals so he could have had more.

Did anyone else think Denmarks 2nd goal was bad PK combined with bad goaltending? Campbell looked out of position to me, covering way to much on the short side

Coyle from BU with a hat trick, Rau with 2 goals, Bjugstad with the GWG. I saw one assist by Forbort, I missed some goals so he could have had more.

Did anyone else think Denmarks 2nd goal was bad PK combined with bad goaltending? Campbell looked out of position to me, covering way to much on the short side

I think two of Denmark's goals were ones Campbell should have. Not much he could do on the first one, but the other two he'd probably like back. The third goal was a cross ice one timer that went five hole on him because his stick wasn't in the right spot. I bet if you ask him he'd like all three back.

Deleted the other thread and moved this one from the Non-UND Sports section...I figured more people would see it here. Plus, Forbort is on the team, so it's UND related. ;)

After watching today's game, I really wish Miller would have decided to stick with his commitment. He's not super flashy, but appears to have good speed, good hockey sense, and can play physical too. He would have been fun to watch develop in green (and added much needed forward depth this season).

Deleted the other thread and moved this one from the Non-UND Sports section...I figured more people would see it here. Plus, Forbort is on the team, so it's UND related. ;)

After watching today's game, I really wish Miller would have decided to stick with his commitment. He's not super flashy, but appears to have good speed, good hockey sense, and can play physical too. He would have been fun to watch develop in green (and added much needed forward depth this season).

I like you wish Miller would have lived up to his commitment. it wasn't so much that he backed out but the timing of it being so late we couldn't even pick up another forward.Shows a lack of class in my mind. I can root for him to do well when he plays for the US but I cannot wish him well otherwise because of his lack of integrity. I guess he didn't think he would get the proper nuturing by playing at a US college that has recently produced Toews, Parise, Oshie, Stafford, Greene, Porter, Zajac, Frattin, etc.

Oh and I forgot how annoying the Canadians are when they constantly boo our boys. This is their super bowl and 99% of the US doesn't even know it's going on. Here's hoping they don't medal.

Forbort had 2 assists in the game.

The PK in general was bad, way too passive. Anytime your opponent goes 3 for 3 on the PP, it's not a good sign. But on the bright side, it was only the first game so they have some time to fix that, and I'm sure they will.