SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 World Junior Championship

Ray77

I rarely ever question a coach's decision, but WHY did Blais take his timeout there? Team USA was steamrolling for a minute there after the shootout save and he let the Czech's back into it by giving them time to regroup.

And look what happened....Czech's lead 3-2 now with 7:00 left

I rarely ever question a coach's decision, but WHY did Blais take his timeout there? Team USA was steamrolling for a minute there after the shootout save and he let the Czech's back into it by giving them time to regroup.

What? He didn't take his timeout until it was 4-2.

I think the announcers mispoke and first stated that it was a US timeout. Later they said it was the Czech's that took that timeout.

That's what i'm worried about

Obviously the Canadians have everything to lose in this game.

A) You don't want to lose to your hated rival in your national pastime. (See D for explanation)

B) You don't want to get anybody hurt because you've already earned the bye into the semifinal.

C) You want to keep the mo going because you've played extremely well this tournament, and any letdown against the U.S. could carry over into the semifinal.

D) Even if they win the gold medal, but lost to the Americans, people in Canada will remember. Hell, I've got a lot of Canadian relatives and they still remember the Fleury own goal to lose to the Americans, or the new years eve game a while back, when the goaltender from Michigan State (I think Joe Blackburn), and Brian Gionta stole the show. Long story short, they don't like losing to the U.S.A.

Tomorrow night is the gold medal game for the Americans. No pressure, they've already assured themselves of fighting off relegation. Shouldn't be a ton of nerves in the U.S. locker room. I personally think the U.S. will get rolled tomorrow, but its not like they've played terribly in the last two losses.

Canada 5....USA 2

Tomorrow night is the gold medal game for the Americans. No pressure, they've already assured themselves of fighting off relegation. Shouldn't be a ton of nerves in the U.S. locker room. I personally think the U.S. will get rolled tomorrow, but its not like they've played terribly in the last two losses.

Canada 5....USA 2

They have totally collapsed in the third period for two straight games, games that were close and could have gone either way. You can invoke the Schlossman Rule if you wish, but medal winning teams find a way to finish their chances when they get them. This team is incapable of doing that. They are not medal material. This whole tournament has been a total disaster for USA Hockey. It will take a minor miracle to salvage it.

Horrible way to end that game in the 3rd.

Nice work by the Czechs to celebrate every goal like a GWG in OT. I've never seen so much sliding on the ice and getting mobbed by teammates after a goal in the 2nd period of a game.

Also, I'll be glad when this tourney moves overseas for a couple years. Having the Canadian crowd gets a wee bit annoying.

While I'd love to see the US pull off the tremendous upset tomorrow...I just don't see it happening.