16 Mark MacMillan–21 Brendan O’Donnell–11 Derek Rodwell

8 Dan Senkbeil–28 Stephane Pattyn

24 Ben Blood–22 Andrew Panzarella

2 Andrew MacWilliam–5 Nick Mattson

18 Dillon Simpson–20 Joe Gleason

31 Brad Eidsness

35 Tate Maris

32 Aaron Dell

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that walk-on Gaarder would be on the first line?

I was waiting for the Ruskies to get chippy, surprised it took this long. Anyone who has seen Russians play in tourneys such as U18 or the World Juniors knows what I'm talking about. I just hope we don't get injured in this game, and any fighting would rule out our guy for Harvard night one. Be smart boys.

Yawn. Another junior team. Probably be a better match-up against the Bobcats next week.

Speaking about their game with the Bobcats, it's going to be on tv on the KX network in Western ND. It's actually being billed as North Dakota's first HD broadcast of a sporting event (not counting ESPN I guess) in ND. Kind of stinks that the Bismarck Bobcats are the first hockey team/sports team in the state to be broadcast in HD...

http://www.kxnet.com/story/16218847/bismarck-bobcats-vs-russian-red-stars-game-december-21-2011

The Russians showed some skill/speed, but they couldn't connect on passes and kept trying to make the "cute" play only to have it broken up immediately. I think the Russians could potentially beat some of the NCAA schools on their schedule though as they get more used to playing with each other.

Great to see Tate get an entire period of play. Gaarder continues to impress. He was being double shifted for a good portion of the night on the 1st and 4th line, and he didn't look out of place at all. Gleason reminds me of Genoway with his speed and ability to rush the puck up ice. I really think he is more effective at defense than forward.

Bring on Harvard! We need some OOC wins!

The Russians showed some skill/speed, but they couldn't connect on passes and kept trying to make the "cute" play only to have it broken up immediately. I think the Russians could potentially beat some of the NCAA schools on their schedule though as they get more used to playing with each other.

Great to see Tate get an entire period of play. Gaarder continues to impress. He was being double shifted for a good portion of the night on the 1st and 4th line, and he didn't look out of place at all. Gleason reminds me of Genoway with his speed and ability to rush the puck up ice. I really think he is more effective at defense than forward.

Bring on Harvard! We need some OOC wins!

I would agree, the Russians looked fast but out of sync. They haven't had much time to play together so no surprise. They will win some games as they learn to play as a team. It was nice to see Maris get some ice time. I didn't think he had a chance on the Russian goal. And Eids played well - 2 shutout periods. The PP looked great but I think it was more that the Russians' PK was so poor. At any rate, a nice win.

• 2 weeks later...