montana_logo.jpg

Record: 4-1 (0-0 Big Sky)

Last Action: 73-60 win at San Diego

RPI: 138

Montana Website

Montana Message Board

Big Sky Conference

*Gametime is 7:00 and will be televised on Fox College Sports

Guys, it will absolutely not be packed. This is poor scheduling at its finest. Students will be vacating the campus for Thanksgiving break, being as this game is the night before thanksgiving, there will be almost no students there. It sucks but that's just the way it is. Hopefully all the old cronies can be loud and proud.

Guys, it will absolutely not be packed. This is poor scheduling at its finest. Students will be vacating the campus for Thanksgiving break, being as this game is the night before thanksgiving, there will be almost no students there. It sucks but that's just the way it is. Hopefully all the old cronies can be loud and proud.

About as poor as a UND-NDSU game on a Tuesday??? :sneaky:

Both the Montana (Big Sky) & the W. Illinois (Summit) games will have terrible attendance because of Thanksgiving break. I'm pissed myself that I won't be in town to see 2 of our best home games of the entire year! Stupid scheduling IMO, but you gotta do what it takes to make a quality schedule!

Students don't come anyway. Hopefully the community will turn out. It would be great to get at least 2000 or more. Timing might make that tough.

• Upvote 1

"Maybe we're working on our first road sweep," Montana coach Wayne Tinkle said Tuesday from the Minneapolis airport, where his team had a layover on the way to facing North Dakota on Wednesday in Grand Forks. "We're going to approach this like conference. We got the first one, let's stay focused, not be content with that and try to get the sweep."

"The Huff kid came to our camp a few years back and we offered him a scholarship and he told us if we did, he would commit," Tinkle said. "Then he changed his mind and wanted to wait, so we pulled the offer. There's a little history there where he might want to tune us up a little bit."

Read more: http://missoulian.com/college/griz/montana-basketball-team-aims-for-road-sweep-at-north-dakota/article_094b22cc-1583-11e1-b6c7-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1eVOr6HkP

Montana's seven-footer, Selvig, will be available (but likely won't start due to an anke injury). Selvig is the son of Montana's women's coach.

I'm sorry, let me get this right. The students? the students? We don't get students at basketball games- their choice I guess. Why would this be any different? You set the schedule when you can get the game in. After all you are working within the framework of the other teams schedule as well. That includes the NDSU game on a Tuesday. Kansas has played Missouri and Texas and all others-big rivals plenty of times on Monday nights. Do you think they are complaining- because it's at the beginning of the work week? Really? I would give those who use this argument a little leeway if indeed we were playing double-headers on these nights...but we are not. It's about 2 1/2 hours of time if you arrrive 15 minutes prior and leave immediately following. My goodness we have become great excuse makers around here. I'm not under any illusion that this game will be packed- (thats unfortunate_, but it just fails to make sense at minimum that we won't be able to get over 2000 for this one. That would be dissappointing, but there's no reason to think any differently if you use this past weekends football game as an example and guage of what interest is like towards other sports other than hockey right now. Which is baffling to me considering it appears most are on the upswing, and we are at the very tail end of the transition.

• Upvote 1

"Maybe we're working on our first road sweep," Montana coach Wayne Tinkle said Tuesday from the Minneapolis airport, where his team had a layover on the way to facing North Dakota on Wednesday in Grand Forks. "We're going to approach this like conference. We got the first one, let's stay focused, not be content with that and try to get the sweep."

"The Huff kid came to our camp a few years back and we offered him a scholarship and he told us if we did, he would commit," Tinkle said. "Then he changed his mind and wanted to wait, so we pulled the offer. There's a little history there where he might want to tune us up a little bit."

Read more: http://missoulian.co...l#ixzz1eVOr6HkP

Montana's seven-footer, Selvig, will be available (but likely won't start due to an anke injury). Selvig is the son of Montana's women's coach.

Selvig, is the nephew of Montana's women's basketball coach. His mom Anita, is from Minot and was a standout in high school and then for the lady Grizzlies.