SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota v. Montana

bincitysioux

You got to be kidding me. He is more under control than any guard we have. He got mugged on his turnover late in the game bringing the ball up the floor and no call was made. I personally would rather have him with the ball late in the game than any other guard we have. He has showed control and poise over these last 2 years more than anybody.

Kid can shoot pretty well, granted, but he is not strong enough or quick enough, not strong on feeding the ball or on the dribble. You could see that Montana knew that and picked on him late in the game several times forcing turnovers at a critical time. Saw the same thing last year. Probably the reason he is not starting. Looks like a real nice kid, but needs some muscle and some toughness in my opinion.

Kid can shoot pretty well, granted, but he is not strong enough or quick enough, not strong on feeding the ball or on the dribble. You could see that Montana knew that and picked on him late in the game several times forcing turnovers at a critical time. Saw the same thing last year. Probably the reason he is not starting. Looks like a real nice kid, but needs some muscle and some toughness in my opinion.

I was not able to catch the game, but what I have seen of Schuler this year he looks poised and under control. He also looks like he has hit the weight room since last year.

Have to disagree with you on not strong enough or cant pass off the dribble. He was 2nd on the team last year in assists and had the best assist/turnover ratio on the team That in its self makes your comment incorrect. He is also one of our best defenders. Not starting because Anderson is the best player on the team right now. He rarely ever turns the ball over and always makes the right pass or feed. Enjoy watching this kid play and just wished he would shoot it more. You are also the poster that called Schuler a bust his freshman year before he became a 2 time player of the week and the 10th all time scorer in freshman history. You can definately judge basketball talent.

• Upvote 1

Have to disagree with you on not strong enough or cant pass off the dribble. He was 2nd on the team last year in assists and had the best assist/turnover ratio on the team That in its self makes your comment incorrect. He is also one of our best defenders. Not starting because Anderson is the best player on the team right now. He rarely ever turns the ball over and always makes the right pass or feed. Enjoy watching this kid play and just wished he would shoot it more. You are also the poster that called Schuler a bust his freshman year before he became a 2 time player of the week and the 10th all time scorer in freshman history. You can definately judge basketball talent.

Turned the ball over 3 times in the last few minutes to let Montana back in the game and take the lead late. Not trying to beat the kid up. Just pointing out what I saw.

Turned the ball over 3 times in the last few minutes to let Montana back in the game and take the lead late. Not trying to beat the kid up. Just pointing out what I saw.

Had 4 great assists also. Montana got extremely physical in those last few moments and several fouls should have been called when several of our players got mugged and no fouls where called. Have no idea what the refs where looking at. We had way too many turnovers (22) by all our players with Webb leading with 6. Remember this team is basically lead by 5 sophomores and no doubt Montana was bigger at every position and more experienced and with this youth still a lot of mistakes will still be made. They however fight and claw their way thru inexperience and beat a team like Montana. Great win.

Had 4 great assists also. Montana got extremely physical in those last few moments and several fouls should have been called when several of our players got mugged and no fouls where called. Have no idea what the refs where looking at. We had way too many turnovers (22) by all our players with Webb leading with 6. Remember this team is basically lead by 5 sophomores and no doubt Montana was bigger at every position and more experienced and with this youth still a lot of mistakes will still be made. They however fight and claw their way thru inexperience and beat a team like Montana. Great win.

Peace man. Love the Sioux. Hope they have a great year. Great win. Hope all the kids develop, get more physical and make the dance next year.

I love this. People are having differing opinions about Sioux Men's Basketball. That is awesome. This is a good sign- in regards to interest in the program. I fall more on the side that Schuler is one of our more poised players when it get's down to it. Any player is susceptible of having bad moments with turnovers. Look at Webb, he had a couple of doozies in the 2nd half against that zone, BUT he made some of the biggest plays down the stretch-including the ball steal & score in ot- (while being held mind you). My feeling is that the key to being a good D1 basketball player is having a short memory. Schuler did, yes have a couple of bad turnovers, but there was a couple of really suspect no-calls there too. But then when they did blow the whistle, he became at that point and time our most poised player at the line. Listen, 5 & 32 for Montana were monsters as players. Tremendously good in-fact. But I take this away from the Montana game- when Montana tried guarding our guards in Man to Man during the 1st half--they were losing that battle. That includes Schuler as well. That's the important thing. This team still has a long ways to go but this was a great win and again it has added another infusion of hope that they are building something for the Big Sky.

• Upvote 1

That really was a great win by you guys, I cant wait till you and the other's join next season, the Sky is definetely gonna benefit from these additions.

I cant wait till UND and Weber meet up next year in hoops for the first time, and I cant wait to see how Weber will fare against you guys in football, too bad we dont play till 2014.

Welcome to the Big Sky, and go win the Great West.

GO WILDCATS

• Upvote 1

That really was a great win by you guys, I cant wait till you and the other's join next season, the Sky is definetely gonna benefit from these additions.

I cant wait till UND and Weber meet up next year in hoops for the first time, and I cant wait to see how Weber will fare against you guys in football, too bad we dont play till 2014.

Welcome to the Big Sky, and go win the Great West.

GO WILDCATS

Welcome to our board. Thanks for the positive comments - we are excited to be in the Big Sky!