SiouxSports.com Forum

Sunday Afternoon/Evening in Bemidji

siouxforeverbaby

I along with others love this team and will support it up or down. With that said I don't think we should kid ourselves when we say " oh just wait to the second half when we turn things on". I don't think that is going to happen this year and our second half surge will fall flat. Our top line is decent but not consistent and than it is a big drop from there talent wise. I would say in a couple years some of these guys could be good but this year with the lack of Senior leadership and large freshman class this is what we will probably see the rest of the year. Go Sioux. We have a heck of a series coming up against CC. If we lose both nights, next week I fully expect to see the Fire Hak thread.

This team has really come down to recruiting. We've had a few years now with minimal blue chip recruits. Yes, we've had some good players come in (and others who had said they were coming, but didn't), but let's face it...we have one of the greatest facilities in the world, a top 100 university, and over a half century of championship success as our pedigree. We've had tons of players go on to successful NHL careers....the list goes on and on. With that said, why does our team lack so much talent?

I think you are off base with your "talent" evaluation. We had a first rounder defect last minute this year, that is the coaches faults? And our biggest impact freshman is out for another 6-8 weeks. What is your definition of a blue chip recruit? Toews, Oshie, Parise, Zajac? They were all world talents that just don't come along every year, and yes we have been spoiled. How about Gregoire, Blood, Forbort, Kristo and even Simpson? I don't think it is a matter of talent exactly, it is getting everyone to buy into a system, and having your top guys carry you when needed. This particular team has lacked in both areas. It is frustrating as a fan to watch this happen when the last close to a decade the Sioux have been pretty dominant, but this season is far from over. If dell continues to play well and keep us in games, and we get someone, anyone to start finishing with the puck in the net, it could be another interesting trip to the playoffs. Otherwise the offseason could start March 11th this year, lets hope that is not the case.

The Killers (the music band) say it best for the mentality the boys need for the rest of the season:

"Higher and higher, we're going to take it down to the wire, we're going to make it out of the fire!"

As in a team - Taking it down to the finally stretch of the year, don't quit, anything can still happen this season. It's your choice, get better, or quit now and start giving excuses saying what if's... We all know the last part isn't part of the code of Fighting Sioux hockey, so we'll be fine... :)

Dig ourselves out of this gosh darn hole they've dug themselves in. Team wise, you built your grave, it's time to move forward and climb out of that hole. Roco will help come January, but don't wait until then, it'll be too late.

As a whole (coaching staff, and the team) Keep working hard. Be a team. Positive attitude. Get Better!

Free advice this time, next time I'm charging...

Can anyone explain to me why they waved off the icing call on BSU when we had Dell pulled?

From where we were sitting in the stands, the guy was on the wrong side of the red line when he shot it and the puck bounced off the outside of the net/post and into the corner. The linesman didn't call off the icing until after it bounced off the outside of the net and into the corner.

Eades/Jackson were blowing gasket after gasket at the non-call.

The Tv guys speculated that it went off the post which is front of the goal line, not the outside of the net which is behind the goal line. It looked to me that it went off the back of the goal where it curves out.

The Tv guys speculated that it went off the post which is front of the goal line, not the outside of the net which is behind the goal line. It looked to me that it went off the back of the goal where it curves out.

Can anyone explain to me why they waved off the icing call on BSU when we had Dell pulled?

From where we were sitting in the stands, the guy was on the wrong side of the red line when he shot it and the puck bounced off the outside of the net/post and into the corner. The linesman didn't call off the icing until after it bounced off the outside of the net and into the corner.

Eades/Jackson were blowing gasket after gasket at the non-call.

they can blow a gasket all they want-score some goals and it won't come down to a call like that

The Beavers killed 9 minutes of Fighting Sioux power play in the third period.

I've never seen another team that spends so much time on the power play passing it around the perimeter - looking, looking, pass, teeing it up, pass,oops (or shoot into someones legs). This play is not unique to this year. What gives? This seems to be our standard power play.

What team usually wins when they go 0-6 on the PP especially when one was a 5 minute major? The team looked sluggish on Sunday. They were getting out hustled by the Beavers. It seems like they have been getting out shot by every team too. Maybe we should take a pointer from the MN Wild coach Mike Yeo and shoot more. You can score if you don't shoot!

Go SIOUX!!

What team usually wins when they go 0-6 on the PP especially when one was a 5 minute major? The team looked sluggish on Sunday. They were getting out hustled by the Beavers. It seems like they have been getting out shot by every team too. Maybe we should take a pointer from the MN Wild coach Mike Yeo and shoot more. You can score if you don't shoot!

Go SIOUX!!

Not only 0-6 on the PP, but they had 9 minutes of PP time in the first 12-13 minutes of the 3rd period alone.