SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Give NDSU's #1 sport the same amount of home games as UND's #1 sport and NDSU sells 75,000 more tickets than UND.

I already took into consideration every home playoff game for your team in this. Sorry but that's the way it is. There are less games played in a football season so to generate more revenue you need to sell more tickets.

Give UND the same amount of capacity and UND still sells more tickets than NDSU. UND hockey in a 19,000 arena would be no problem to sellout.

Why are they advertising that tickets remain before every UND hockey series? If they were sold out, why waste the money advertising? There is no way UND sells 19,000 tickets for a hockey game that doesn't include the Gophers or the Badgers, both of whom have moved on. I could buy a ticket to any remaining UND hockey game if I wanted to. If demand was high enough to sell another 8,000 tickets, I wouldn't be able to find a ticket.

Why are they advertising that tickets remain before every UND hockey series? If they were sold out, why waste the money advertising? There is no way UND sells 19,000 tickets for a hockey game that doesn't include the Gophers or the Badgers, both of whom have moved on. I could buy a ticket to any remaining UND hockey game if I wanted to. If demand was high enough to sell another 8,000 tickets, I wouldn't be able to find a ticket.

UND is averaging 11,461 without playing the Gophers and Badgers this season.

UND is averaging 11,461 without playing the Gophers and Badgers this season.

But none of your remaining games are sell outs. Schlossy doesn't put his standard "in front of a sold out 11,900" in the REA in his stories anymore. If there is demand for 19,000 seats, wouldn't these game be sold out?

And the majority of NDSU's football games weren't sellouts either. Tickets available the day of for almost every one of them. People were giving them away in the tailgating lots. Not sure what your point is.

• Upvote 1

But none of your remaining games are sell outs. Schlossy doesn't put his standard "in front of a sold out 11,900" in the REA in his stories anymore. If there is demand for 19,000 seats, wouldn't these game be sold out?

capacity is 11,634, and UND is 98.5% of capacity this year (remember winning = attendance).

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/2013-2014/

2 North Dakota 15 171,921 11,461 11,634 98.5

And the majority of NDSU's football games weren't sellouts either. Tickets available the day of for almost every one of them. People were giving them away in the tailgating lots. Not sure what your point is.

Only standing room or a couple of hundred returned by the visiting team, which go on sale the day before the game. They sell out all available tickets in an hour the day they go on sale (Aug 1st). If they had 2 or 3 thousand more available, they would sell out too. Demand for NDSU football tickets is higher than the demand for UND hockey tickets. There could be one exception to that, but UND doesn't play the Gophers for a few more years.

Okay this is quite pathetic ndsu fans. The fact that a few of you are on our site trying to sell this narrative is a good indicator that we are doing something right.

You can argue about which conference is better all you want but at the end of the day haven't we beaten you in all of the sports that we play each other in this year? I guess since you can't argue with the head to head results you need to split hairs. Whatever...just stinks of desperation.

Only standing room or a couple of hundred returned by the visiting team, which go on sale the day before the game. They sell out all available tickets in an hour the day they go on sale (Aug 1st). If they had 2 or 3 thousand more available, they would sell out too. Demand for NDSU football tickets is higher than the demand for UND hockey tickets. There could be one exception to that, but UND doesn't play the Gophers for a few more years.

Capacity for the Fargodome is 19,000. Including playoff games, attendance was 98% of capacity. The only game that actually topped 19,000 was homecoming, though the first two were very close to reaching that threshold.

Once NDSU starts putting a donation requirement on all season tickets, then it will be a valid comparison of season ticket holders and demand.

No, the reason was their best players were on the bench in foul trouble. If UND and NDSU play 10 times in the BSA, NDSU wins 10, NDSU wins 8 out of 10 on a neutral floor, and maybe they split in the Betty.

You do have to get a kick out of Bison fans. They are spewing how great their team is and how bad UND is. To be honest with you, all I remember is UND kicking ndsu's butt in basketball. Don't the Bison fans remember that. Talk about short memories.

You do have to get a kick out of Bison fans. They are spewing how great their team is and how bad UND is. To be honest with you, all I remember is UND kicking ndsu's butt in basketball. Don't the Bison fans remember that. Talk about short memories.

Next they'll be telling you their football coach would only leave for a B1G or Big 12 job, BCS auto-qualifying conference at minimum.

I noticed the NDSUF fans didnt address this bit of info. Fact is that to the NCAA Selection Committee, our two leagues are the exact same. Seed the champion and move on to conferences that matter.

Except in 2012 right? You know when the committee chairman went on CBS and told the entire nation that a Summit League team was the last team out of the field.

The Summit historical high point is 2014, ranked as the 14th best conf (sagarin). Current Bracketology has Summit team with a 13 seed playing #4 Wisconsin. If the Summit can move up to a 12th seed, that 1st round game is starting to look interesting.

The Big Sky is ranked 25th. Current bracketology has the BSC entrant as a 16th seed playing #1 Arizona. ouch

Criticize the addition of Denver in the Summit all you want, but I'd take them any day, and ORU too. Both will keep the Summit in the top 1/2 of the conference rankings year in and year out.

Take Wichita out of the MVC, and the Summit 14, Horizon 13 and MVC 12 are pretty equal in 2014. Wichita boosts the MVC significantly however. The MVC is a 2 bid league if someone can knock off the Shockers in the tournament. Loyola not helping the MVC in 2014.

Why bother playing the rest if the season. Bracketology has the tourney all figured out.

Except in 2012 right? You know when the committee chairman went on CBS and told the entire nation that a Summit League team was the last team out of the field.

Except that isn't what actually happened. They would have been one of 6 teams considered for the last spot that never ended up existing. They showed the committee wrong by getting bounced in the first round of the NIT by Nevada on their way out of the Summit.

St. Bonaventure's win over Xavier in the Atlantic 10 tournament final took away one NCAA tournament bid from a collection of teams, NCAA interim vice president Greg Shaheen said on a conference call Sunday night.

A spot on the bracket was left open before the game. Six teams -- Drexel, Miami (Fla.), Oral Roberts, Seton Hall, Mississippi State and Nevada -- would have been put up for a vote if Xavier had won the game.

Hey I'm not the one that said the committee seeded the Summit champion and then never talked about the conference again. If a Summit team was mentioned on national TV by the committee chairman, clearly they talked about a Summit team beyond the auto-bid winner.

But you are the one pounding your chest about almost getting a hypothetical spot, while managing to leave out the correct details of the story. Moral victory!

But you are the one pounding your chest about almost getting a hypothetical spot (though you leave out a few of the actual details). Moral victory!

I am not pounding my chest at all. I will only do that in regards to NCAA tournament success, which has been absent for either conference for a while now.

What I am doing is stating what has happened. A summit team was in discussion to get a possible at-large, somebody made it seem like that is never the case. Somebody else also said the Summit will never get a 12 seed which is just ridiculous, especially since it has happened before.

What I am doing is stating what has happened. A summit team was in discussion to get a possible at-large, somebody made it seem like that is never the case. Somebody else also said the Summit will never get a 12 seed which is just ridiculous, especially since it has happened before.

You said the committee chairman stated Oral Roberts was the first team left out of the field in 2012. That's false. They were one of six teams in the conversation for a spot that never even materialized. Quite a big difference. And while i don't think it is ridiculous to think that the Summit will get a 12 seed at some point, I'm curious when it has happened before? For sure not in the last decade.

Edit: Valpo of the Mid-Continent Conference was a 12 seed in 1997.

For another good laugh, go to BV and read about how great their new staff is. Their new staff is a shell of their last one. Their OC has never even called a play before in his life.

And all you hear on this site is how great the new UND staff is. Their new OC is coming from a very mediocre (at best) D2 program.

Also, in case you haven't been paying attention, Your new HC Bubba has been coaching at and recruiting to an FCS school for the past 6 years and his team and defense hasn't exactly been setting the FCS on fire. I think I would put Mr. Kleiman's defenses up against Bubba's. I think Randy Hedberg made the right choice with which coaching staffs to join.