SiouxSports.com Forum

We are in the polls!

darell1976

Dear NDSU fans (and we all know you're reading this):

If UND at #21 hurts you so deeply, don't think of it as the pollsters appreciating UND; instead, think of it as pollsters appreciating Fresno State (and UND playing them to 5 points in Fresno). ;)

As thin-skinned as that bunch is, we all know how deeply offended they are. :lol:

Apparently AGS knows there are 4 teams in the Dakotas. NDSU didn't drop 6 spots during a bye, UND is ranked #40, and Poly is almost ranked, ans USD is #17. Mix up was only on the coaches poll.

That sounds about right, just shows how sh^tty the coaches poll really is.

Mix up with names. How did SDSU get more votes than Cal Poly when they lost to them by 40 points? ?

Mixing up UND and NDSU could never happen...

As Homer said earlier in the thread

That could never happen. ndsu has made such a huge name for themselves in the FCS world with all their signiture wins and all. Just ask anyone of their fans, they'll tell you.

:lol:

Apparently AGS knows there are 4 teams in the Dakotas. NDSU didn't drop 6 spots during a bye, UND is ranked #40, and Poly is almost ranked, ans USD is #17. Mix up was only on the coaches poll.

So is ndsu not as relevant in the FCS world as your fans like to tell everyone? How could such a well known team be mistaken for someone else? I guess I never see Deleware being confused with Deleware St. or Montana and Montana St. being confused.

The only reason you think the AGS polls are relevant is cause it has the rankings you want. AGS is a bunch of fans ranking teams, I'm sure there is no bias in that. A team that has fans who have better things to do than be members of 5 different message boards are very well represented I'm sure. I'm not sure UND deserves the #21 ranking but I think its comical the spin ndsu fans immediately put on it. For a team they have moved on from and don't care about anymore a ranking next to their name sure fires them up. Don't worry gabe, I'm sure if you google more polls you'll probably find others that make you feel all warm and fuzzy again. :lol::lol:

This is great stuff.

I LIKE HOW THE AC'S FIVE YEAR HEAD START IN D1 IS SLOWLY OR QUICKLY? GOING AWAY: VBALL (CHECK), BASEBALL (CHECK), FOOTBALL (HOPE GENE "I WAS ALWAYS PICKED LAST" TAYLOR IS FOUND PASSED OUT IN FRONT OF THE ABC STORE SO HE LEAVES AND THIS SERIES CAN FINALLY BE RESUMED),MENS BASKETBALL (SIOUX WILL KILL THEM THIS YEAR) , SOCCER (WILL FIND OUT THIS WEEK), AND HOCKEY (OOPS WON'T GO THERE)!!!!!!!

Hey bro, I think your Caps Lock function is turned on. To turn it off, hit the Caps Lock button, and it will do lower case letters like everyone else.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the coaches were looking at NDSU's strength of schedule .... Lafayette, St Francis of Assisi and bye .... and actually thinking,

UND can have a blow-out weekend coming up, and it won't mean a thing (and potentially drop out).

Possible. NDSU has not faced any stiff competition yet. But, it is still strange to see UND rated with a win over a marginal team and two losses....albeit the Fresno game was a good performance by the Sioux.

But.....that is what these boards are for.....pontification, second guessing and arm-chair quarterbacking.

I sure hope the guys on the team don't read this board. They play their hearts out and damn near beat a very good FCS football team and most of you guys come on here and berate their getting some recognition for their gutsy performance as some kind of name mixup.

They made us all proud Saturday night and deserve recognition and support for their effort.

I sure hope the guys on the team don't read this board. They play their hearts out and damn near beat a very good FCS football team and most of you guys come on here and berate their getting some recognition for their gutsy performance as some kind of name mixup.

They made us all proud Saturday night and deserve recognition and support for their effort.

You mean an FBS team.

No one here didn't recognize Saturday night as a great effort. Hopefully the guys on the team understand that they better prove to us that the effort they played with on Saturday night can be brought to every game from here on out. Just cause I'm a fan, doesn't mean I have to have a short memory. I want to know what Sioux team is going to show up the rest of the year, the one from Fresno or the one from Idaho. If any of the boys are reading this, they can use that as motivation if they really truely need it.

And as far as coaches (is the coaches poll) being "confused" ...

Wouldn't UND's effort at Fresno State work in NDSU's favor?

Wouldn't most folks just assume that was top six (last week) FCS NDSU putting the scare into Fresno State (and not previously unranked UND)?

I'd think UND would've helped NDSU by "school confusion" more than hurt it.

And as far as coaches (is the coaches poll) being "confused" ...

Wouldn't UND's effort at Fresno State work in NDSU's favor?

Wouldn't most folks just assume that was top six (last week) FCS NDSU putting the scare into Fresno State (and not previously unranked UND)?

I'd think UND would've helped NDSU by "school confusion" more than hurt it.

Exactly. The coaches have a lot of respect for Fresno State.

Just imagine if UND had beaten Fresno. UND would have risen above NDSU in the polls and bisonville would have been on suicide watch.

Here is why I don't believe in this poll is that we are 1-2 and lost to 2 FBS teams and ranked #21. Indiana State crushes Western Kentucky (FBS) and remains unranked. The publicity of this is nice, and maybe it boosts UND's confidence as the season progresses.

From the NDSU hometown newspaper site: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/334430

Clear proof that Kolpack spends his time reading Ignoramousville postings , aka Bisonville.

If there was confusion, NDSU would have moved up, not down.

Bisonville logic at work again, and Kolpack bites it hook, line, and sinker. What a sucker! :D

What an embarrassment to the Forum!

Clear proof that Kolpack spends his time reading Ignoramousville postings , aka Bisonville.

Bisonville logic at work again, and Kolpack bites it hook, line, and sinker. What a sucker! :D

It could go one of two ways, people who last week gave votes to NDSU this week gave them to UND. Or people would have given NDSU more votes for a close game at Fresno. I don't think you guys are seeing both ways it could work. Until NDSU or UND does something like make it to a National Title game and win it there is going to be some confusion. With any luck that is this year ;) Right now, people see North Dakota and North Dakota St. as pretty much the same thing unless they are from the MVFC/Summit or Big Sky. And like I said, polls are going to be a bit goofy at times until one of them gets it done.

If NDSU had played Fresno State that tough on the road they would at minimum stayed the same or moved up in the poll. Eastern Washington stayed at #1 when they lost a close game to Washington. Nobody got the teams mixed up. What an idiot. The fact that UND is in the poll really hit a nerve in Fargo.

Funny thing is that all this "confusion" talk started with a tweet by Terry Vandrovec of the Argus Leader, who seemed miffed that SDSU was the lowest ranked of the four Dakota teams. Given their performance last Saturday night, perhaps that dubious distinction is deserved. And now, their starting quarterback has quit the team. It's looking like a potentially disastrous season in Brookings...