SiouxSports.com Forum

We are in the polls!

darell1976

So I'm assuming then that if it's "hilarious" that UND entered the poll after taking a pretty decent Fresno State team to the wire, then it must have been even more "hilarious" when USD entered the poll last year after edging the hapless Gophers, right? Or were voters thinking they were voting for SDSU? Hmmmm...

There is a big difference between a close win and a close loss.

If you're talking about two comparable teams, yes. But we're talking about Pat Hill vs. Tim Brewster. Big difference there too, don't you think?

I would take a win over 3-9 Minnesota rather than a close loss to what will probably by ~8-6 type Fresno team. But then, I am not into moral victories ;)

I would take a win over 3-9 Minnesota rather than a close loss to what will probably by ~8-6 type Fresno team. But then, I am not into moral victories ;)

I would too. But Minnesota won't schedule us in football. With that said, I still think UND's actual performance against Fresno (and Northern Illinois last year, who dominated the Goofs) was more impressive in the scheme of things than a close win over a Brewster-coached team. I also think NDSU's near-win over a Mason Gopher team was far more impressive than beating the Brewster version (not talking about "what you'd rather have"--just talking about what's more impressive), but you apparently disagree and that's fine.

On the radio yesterday Kolpack said it was hilarious that UND was ranked. He actually used the word hilarious. What a professional he is.

Hilarious is an adjective that means extremely amusing. If he is extremely amused, as a professional journalist shouldn't he then use the word hilarious? You don't have to agree with him.

• Downvote 1

My mistake. If Kolpack actually pursues the matter and starts contacting coaches to see if they voted for UND by mistake and meant to vote for NDSU it would be very funny. Fargo media and NDSU would come off looking like a bunch of doorknobs. I think they shouild pursue it.