SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Once again, you both are being (as Sid Hartman would say) "selective listeners". jdub27, you are right, I want to hear all opinions whether I like them or not. And 82SiouxGuy, I never said anything about harassing coaches at home. I just get sick and tired of you implying to people that they are out of line for venting their frustrations and/or expressing their opinions whether or not the FB (or any other of our programs) are headed in the right direction. You just seem to be advocating for a litmus test for messages that people post on here. If you think Mussman should get another year to turn this shell of a program around, that is fine. I don't agree with it, but I don't have a problem with you posting it. What I have a problem with is you telling other people to basically stop posting their opinions because they aren't "nice".

And as for "group think", you are the one that parrots whatever the establishment says about anything (hockey shuttles, FB scheduling, TV coverage, etc.), and then criticizes people like myself who have the audacity and the unmitigated gall to question the answers we are given when they smell fishy.

Like I have said before, I couldn't care less if people don't like what I post, just don't tell me that it's out of line to post my opinions and vent whenever I need to. This is a discussion forum, not the Harvard Debate Club.

Someone said that people have a right to bitch and talk bleep about UND football just like they should do if they get a bad meal or bad service at a nice restaurant. I said that they would get better results by being polite and talking to a manager at a restaurant rather than "bitching" about "!@#!$". BJC said "but this is a bulletin board/forum". And I said that using decorum would still get better results than bitching. At that point we weren't even talking about Mussman or the football program. And we weren't talking about you. My point was that in my opinion you get better results in an adult, professional world when you act like a professional adult. If you act like a child or a !@#!$! you get far worse results.

Maybe you were confused by the word decorum.

de·co·rum

diˈkôrəm/

noun

noun: decorum

behavior in keeping with good taste and propriety.

"you exhibit remarkable modesty and decorum" synonyms: propriety, seemliness, decency, good taste, correctness;

politeness, courtesy, good manners;

dignity, respectability, modesty, demureness

"he had acted with decorum"

You really seem to have a problem with people that try to act professionally and with decorum. Does that follow through to your real life, too? Have you had bad experiences with professional people? Or do I confuse you with the big words? If you don't like what I post I have a solution for you, don't read it. Use the Ignore feature.

By the way, group think addresses the idea that most of the people in a group start thinking alike and try to eliminate opposing viewpoints. Whether I agree with UND on issues or not has nothing to do with group think. Here are a couple of definitions for you.

group·think (groomacr.gifpprime.gifthibreve.gifngklprime.gif)

n.

The act or practice of reasoning or decision-making by a group, especially when characterized by uncritical acceptance or conformity to prevailing points of view.

group•think (ˈgrupˌθɪŋk)

n.

the tendency of a decision-making group to strive for consensus and to avoid critical examination of alternatives.

Nebraska's not gonna bring back a guy they ran out of town just ten years prior. Especially as head coach.

Back then he was a womanizing dc with a record setting bad defense. Now he's a womanizing HC with national championships and great rep with the Byzun faithful. He probably looks pretty good to them right now considering he is still good with Osbourne.

Back then he was a womanizing dc with a record setting bad defense. Now he's a womanizing HC with national championships and great rep with the Byzun faithful. He probably looks pretty good to them right now considering he is still good with Osbourne.

Nebraska fans are pretty good at looking the other way when winning is involved. But if you can't win, look out.

Hey A88hole he is happily married with young children, watch youre message board mouth. You are a true dickhead

What does being in good with Osborne have to do with it?

Hey A88hole he is happily married with young children, watch youre message board mouth. You are a true dickhead

Shall we revisit his time in Lincoln? When he came to Fargo it was hardly different. It's like saying he's never had a speeding ticket. The only reason he shines is because of his greasy bald head not because he's made of gold.

And you mis-spelled asshole. It doesn't have any 8's in it.

If Pelini gets axed at Nebraska, I'd have to assume that Bohl would be on the short list. Tom Osbourne was his mentor as a player and coach, and by all accounts the two remain close. I believe that Osbourne was in Washington D.C. when Bohl was thrown under the bus at Nebraska. Pretty hard to argue with the guy's resume.................

If Pelini gets axed at Nebraska, I'd have to assume that Bohl would be on the short list. Tom Osbourne was his mentor as a player and coach, and by all accounts the two remain close. I believe that Osbourne was in Washington D.C. when Bohl was thrown under the bus at Nebraska. Pretty hard to argue with the guy's resume.................

About as much chance as Bobby Petrino returning to Arkansas. Same situation. Petrino only found a job at WKU and would have to pay back the salary if he moves. Bohl could go FBS at a similar school, but not BCS.

Osborne didn't have a major influence when Callahan was hired and I don't believe he'll have a major influence this time around. I'm sure Eichorst will ask Osborne for his input but I believe he'll stay out of it for the most part.

About as much chance as Bobby Petrino returning to Arkansas. Same situation. Petrino only found a job at WKU and would have to pay back the salary if he moves. Bohl could go FBS at a similar school, but not BCS.

Petrino's situation was far more severe than Bohl's when he left Nebraska. Not a good comparison at all.

If Pelini gets fired, which there is a good change he will, then Bohl will at least get some consideration, especially if NDSUAAS wins a third consecutive national title.

Bohl seems to have turned his life around since he's been in Fargo, and had a posiive influence on a lot of young people. He is doing some very good things for the young people in his program and the his community. I'm pretty sure that it's not your place to judge, unless you'd like to be judged on your worst actions of your life. Posting items like this on a message board certainly speak more to your character than his. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Bohl seems to have turned his life around since he's been in Fargo, and had a posiive influence on a lot of young people. He is doing some very good things for the young people in his program and the his community.

This...^^^^^.

Bohl seems to have turned his life around since he's been in Fargo, and had a posiive influence on a lot of young people. He is doing some very good things for the young people in his program and the his community. I'm pretty sure that it's not your place to judge, unless you'd like to be judged on your worst actions of your life. Posting items like this on a message board certainly speak more to your character than his. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Burn via Christianity.

I agree. His wife was on North Dakota Today, and I must say he recruited very nicely. His womanizing days are done and he has bigger things on his plate, a wife, a family, and a job.

Hockey is the most popular sport at UND. That is not debatable. When the Ralph got built things amped up to a new level. Hockey is not going anywhere. The program will always be national title contenders. Football could very well become competitive, but they will always play second fiddle to hockey. If you fail to recognize that, then you're the small-minded idiot who probably never played hockey. You'll thus never truly understand the culture in Grand Forks, ND.

Yeah, I guess the multiple lessons from UND history, where sports programs have risen and fallen in popularity, have no bearing on our arguement. I guess its just 'small-minded idiots' like myself who actually pay attention to history and use it to make my arguements who are the real fools. Happy Halloween Moon Country!

My point was that in my opinion you get better results in an adult, professional world when you act like a professional adult. If you act like a child or a !@#!$! you get far worse results.

If butt-kissing and universal deference to authority is "being professional", I prefer to not be a professional. And if you think everyone that wears a suit and tie is a "professional adult", then you really are living in fantasy land. My experience at UND is that the students are much more grown-up than the grown-ups in Twamley Hall.

You really seem to have a problem with people that try to act professionally and with decorum. Does that follow through to your real life, too? Have you had bad experiences with professional people? Or do I confuse you with the big words? If you don't like what I post I have a solution for you, don't read it. Use the Ignore feature.

Man, you really read what you want into people's comments, don't you? And I find it really funny that you talk about "professionalism" and "decorum" and in the next breath you insult me with "Or do I confuse you with the big words?". Real consistent, Mr. Professional. I don't care what opinion you post on here, I just get tired of the "Father Knows Best" attitude you display on here. That, my friend, is unprofessional.

By the way, group think addresses the idea that most of the people in a group start thinking alike and try to eliminate opposing viewpoints. Whether I agree with UND on issues or not has nothing to do with group think.

I just don't see the group think you are seeing. There are people on both sides of the "Fire Muss" debate posting on here and I think the tone has been very polite compared to some other forums I have seen and heard about. Unless you think people that think we need a change at the top of the FB program are being "unprofessional".

• Upvote 3