SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

I like the way Kotelnicki calls games better. He's more aggressive. I just wonder how long it will take us to find more DBs like Darryl Brown and hopefully Kuksa and Reyes are the answers at safety.

But our defensive front is little more than traction

Faison has to open up the pocket book for our next coaching staff. I don't care how much paying football coaches makes Hakstol cry but it's time the university starts getting serious about the football program. I'd like our next coach to be someone with Division I level

coaching experience. I don't want to waste time while a Division II staff tries to figure out what kind of athletes they need to play at this level. We did that already and have failed miserably.

I hate saying this but we should make a push to hire either Vigen or the D-Coordinator at NDSU. I hate everything about that program but they know how to win and would at least have a clue about how to build a program here.

I get that but what about mussman makes you wanna open up thebpocket book

This loss stings.

Really hurts. Before this season I wasn't ready to say Muss's job depended on making the playoffs but he needed to show we could hang with the big 4 teams on our schedule. If last week's game, a furious comeback that still came up short after digging a hole, was the best Muss can muster out of these guys he needs to go. Muss, get a win THIS SEASON that shows you can compete with the top of the Big Sky or dust off your résumé.

• Upvote 1

I have been a Mussman apologist......................

I 've got nothing.

2 weeks in a row this team has been undisciplined. Tonight they were simply not prepared for this game. Many of the players act like clowns on the sideline. This is all coaching.

Teams reflect their coaches.

I haven't seen anyone stick up for Mussman following this loss. But according to your previous posts, this loss is somehow due to losing the 2003 National Championship game.

I don't see Mussman being fired during the year. Our coordinators are too new to promote mid-season. And while they may be UND guys, I don't think anyone in the system is ready to step up whether it is during or after the season. Best case scenario is 7 wins but that basically means winning out vs Idaho State and everyone two weeks after that game. I'm thinking more of a 5 win season, which is unacceptable.

Faison has shown he will open up the checkbook for new head coaches who were not named as HCs before or during the transition. I think the salary will be very competitive and we have the talent and facilities to lure in a higher end HC.

That's cute. You came up with that one all by yourself? :angry:

The fact is that this loss validates the point I was trying to make two weeks ago, a point totally lost on most of the people on here, a point that is looking more and more valid with each 40 point drubbing this team suffers. I also said that if one of our teams proved me wrong, I would gladly eat crow. Well, the only one's eating crow now are the Mussman apologists. And, for the record, this is the first loss in which someone hasn't made some sorry excuse for the coaching staff.

As for Faison being willing to open up the checkbook, I hope you are right. Otherwise, this will become the norm around here.

I have been a Mussman apologist......................

I 've got nothing.

2 weeks in a row this team has been undisciplined. Tonight they were simply not prepared for this game. Many of the players act like clowns on the sideline. This is all coaching.

Welcome to the dark side...finally!

The lack of discipline and continued mistakes both physical and mental are signatures of a Muss team every year. Throw in the fact he is a brutal in game decision maker and... Well enough is enough!

I'd love to see Glenn Caruso.

You sir, are dead on with that one.

He wins everywhere he goes. Offensive tactician. Great recruiter. He found Walker, Mays, and Dragosovich in Illinois.

Another reason? MIAC coaches can't stand him and want him to move on in the worst way. He's the guy that goes for 2 with the big lead (vs Concordia a few yes ago),not the oother way around.