SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

While FU had some growing pains their first couple of years as a full FCS program, they also were competitive during their transition and rarely got blown out or failed to show up on game day.

Talent inherited. Muss inherited almost nothing for talent. Bohl had a full cupboard. Bohl then blew it and then fixed it. Mussman has had to build from scratch.

• Upvote 1

More like Stig wanted to see good his passing game is so he has something to use down the road if he gets behind, like at say Nebraska.

That is not UNDs fault. SDSU was still pressing our wrs. They didn't go into prevent like some want to believe. They still tried to run on 2nd and 3rd and shorts and couldn't convert.

The effort and fire our team had after Molberg came into the game was a night and day difference from the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I agree with what oxbow said earlier, the most frustrating thing about our team is the roller coaster in effort as these big games go on. Next week I need to see effort from start to finish and a team that took the half a game beat down they got yesterday personal.

And how many national championships has either won?

You changed the subject.

You can see and hear that losing distresses the head of UND Hockey after a loss.

All I hear from the head of UND Football is "we competed hard" statements. I'm not sure losing distresses him.

• Upvote 3

Talent inherited. Muss inherited almost nothing for talent. Bohl had a full cupboard. Bohl then blew it and then fixed it. Mussman has had to build from scratch.

IIRC, Babich's last team was 2-8. According to you, it's all about players making plays. So why didn't they do that under Babich? What say you?

Correct. Hak needs 1 badly IMO.

Basically Hakstol was handed talent up the ass and made it close but never actually won. Mussman inherited nothing and won that GWC with a team that lacked talent all over the place. Still not a national championship but they were not eligible at the time (not saying they would have since they didn't have enough D1 wins).

My main point is. Mussman has gotten a bad wrap from the start. For no reason really. Hakstol was anointed after making it far but not getting the job done with Blais' players. Why is that? Who knows. Maybe Mussman needs to grow a mustache.

• Upvote 1

Correct but this IS Muss's roster now and with the schedule w 7 home games 6-5 or worse won't do.

Muss owns this season.

Bohl had a team with a 2-8 record the year before he showed up....

Coaches had a good game plan. Got beat physically up front. Wasted 2 TO's in second half not getting the plays in and I would have gone to no huddle sooner. Too many penalties. This thread needs to wait until end of season. We could have won this game. Kids were put in a position to win and that is what the coaches need to do. IF we improve each week then we don't need a change. Bringing back Dale and Bubba aren't the answer. Beating Montana is.

• Upvote 1

I'm confident 6-5 won't happen.

7-4 IMO w a win over one of the big 4 would be progress. Griz are a couple notches better than last year. Cats and EWU are for real too. A quality win (or 2) has to happen vs. the 3 remaining.

7-4 IMO w a win over one of the big 4 would be progress. Griz are a couple notches better than last year. Cats and EWU are for real too. A quality win (or 2) has to happen vs. the 3 remaining.

EWU worries me because of the QB. Really mobile QBs kill us. Even did in 2001, Johnson from Omaha.......

Coaches had a good game plan. Got beat physically up front. Wasted 2 TO's in second half not getting the plays in and I would have gone to no huddle sooner. Too many penalties. This thread needs to wait until end of season. We could have won this game. Kids were put in a position to win and that is what the coaches need to do. IF we improve each week then we don't need a change. Bringing back Dale and Bubba aren't the answer. Beating Montana is.

I've preached "patience" to hockey fans in the past. This is ira preaching the same here.

Out of respect and deference I'll follow his lead (and what he ascribes to) here.

A great example of the plan working and players not quite executing was the multiple 3rd downs where Kotelnicki sent the dogs and they let sumner dance around just long enough to get a throw off. I liked the way Kotelnicki called the game.

I'm not sure what the audible situation was on the Bartels INT but there were two high safeties. With that defense you can't really try a deep crossing route. They should have run on that play.

I'm trying to figure out how they get to 7-4.....

Montana.....Toss up......

Montana State.....Loss

Idaho State.....Win

EWU......Loss

Sac State.....Win

Portland State....Toss up....they played Cal pretty tough. UND has them at their place.

NAU....Toss up.....

Northern Colorado....Win

UC Davis.....Toss up.

Really only 3 games left on the schedule I'm confident are W's. Have to get through the next stretch of games at 3-3 to have a shot at 7-4 IMHO.

I'm trying to figure out how they get to 7-4.....

Montana.....Toss up......

Montana State.....Loss

Idaho State.....Win

EWU......Loss

Sac State.....Win

Portland State....Toss up....they played Cal pretty tough. UND has them at their place.

NAU....Toss up.....

Northern Colorado....Win

UC Davis.....Toss up.

Really only 3 games left on the schedule I'm confident are W's. Have to get through the next stretch of games at 3-3 to have a shot at 7-4 IMHO.

Our road games are not a lock so 7-4 would be progress. The loss of all 4 home games vs. the big 4 wouldn't be though.

Have to beat Montana.....boy.....beating EWU or Montana State....I dunno....

My Griz fan/buddy in Mizzu said they have had this game next Saturday circled for a long time. Coupled w fact they are much better than last year...gonna be tough.

That's the problem, I don't think we have the horses to be physical up-front. That goes back to recruiting and that falls on the coaching staff (not the players). Unless the players are doing the recruiting and I don't know about it.

Mussman owns this program now; lock, stock and barrel, for better or worse. Period.