SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Fans go your #1 sport same with us. UND's #2 sport out draws your #2 sport. Hell the Fargo Force outdraws Bison basketball. I wouldn't brag about that garage they play in or that elementary school gym the volleyball team plays in.

Ok. If a football team at a major university doesn't outdraw the basketball team....something is terribly wrong with the football team. I imagine Duke football outdraws Duke basketball. Kansas football outdraws Kansas basketball.

The time of the large garage is almost over. Feel free to smack about how long it has taken to get the money put together...it has taken longer than I think anyone expected, but it'll be leaps and bounds better than the current situation.

And the volleyball fieldhouse is perfect for a volleyball team. Better than having it in the BSA with thousands of empty seats....and honestly, smacking on where a volleyball team plays? For real?

In the Summit Women were first and men were second. You guys were LAST

Last year must be pretty important to you Dan. This year if your women finish first, it says more about the lack of quality of the Summit than it does the quality of your women's athletic dept.

Ok. If a football team at a major university doesn't outdraw the basketball team....something is terribly wrong with the football team. I imagine Duke football outdraws Duke basketball. Kansas football outdraws Kansas basketball.

The time of the large garage is almost over. Feel free to smack about how long it has taken to get the money put together...it has taken longer than I think anyone expected, but it'll be leaps and bounds better than the current situation.

And the volleyball fieldhouse is perfect for a volleyball team. Better than having it in the BSA with thousands of empty seats....and honestly, smacking on where a volleyball team plays? For real?

I'm talking about fan support.. Face it only football matters at NDSU. And for some hockey matters at UND, but it's funny how it's Bison fans that constantly rip on UND fans about attendance when they know football is #2 at UND. I never see a stage when I see DI volleyball on tv, so maybe pump some money into that program and you can fill that kiddie gym. I also almost crapped myself when I went to the UND-NDSU game las year at the benson bunker field house. I was like am I at NDSU or my kids elementary school.

In the Summit Women were first and men were second. You guys were LAST

Facts, buddy. UND's men's basketball went 12-8 in the conference last year and were third, not last. They actually had the best conference record for a league newcomer and almost made it to the conference tournament championship game.

Facts, buddy. UND's men's basketball went 12-8 in the conference last year and were third, not last. They actually had the best conference record for a league newcomer and almost made it to the conference tournament championship game.

It's okay they went to the dance their first year of eligibility then after that...uh um I got nothing. What else has NDSU men's basketball done since 2008-09 season?

I'm talking about fan support.. Face it only football matters at NDSU. And for some hockey matters at UND, but it's funny how it's Bison fans that constantly rip on UND fans about attendance when they know football is #2 at UND. I never see a stage when I see DI volleyball on tv, so maybe pump some money into that program and you can fill that kiddie gym. I also almost crapped myself when I went to the UND-NDSU game las year at the benson bunker field house. I was like am I at NDSU or my kids elementary school.

I'm talking about fan support.. Face it only hockey matters at UND. And for some football matters at NDSU, but it's funny how it's UND fans that constantly rip on NDSU fans about the BSA when they know basketball is #2 at NDSU. I rarely see a student section so empty when I see DI football on tv, so maybe pump some money into that program and you can fill that "We have one too" Center. I also almost crapped myself when I went to the UND-Montana game two weeks at the Alerus. I was like "Am I at North Dakota high school football championship game?"

Two way street darell.

I'm talking about fan support.. Face it only hockey matters at UND. And for some football matters at NDSU, but it's funny how it's UND fans that constantly rip on NDSU fans about the BSA when they know basketball is #2 at NDSU. I rarely see a student section so empty when I see DI football on tv, so maybe pump some money into that program and you can fill that "We have one too" Center. I also almost crapped myself when I went to the UND-Montana game two weeks at the Alerus. I was like "Am I at North Dakota high school football championship game?"

Two way street darell.

What high school game has 9,000 people? Maybe in Texas but not up here.

Two way street darell.

You want to see an empty arena? Check out the BSA next year - Saul's roster is a dumpster fire for 2014. There are going to be alot of Juco's or true freshman playing.

You want to see an empty arena? Check out the BSA next year - Saul's roster is a dumpster fire for 2014. There are going to be alot of Juco's or true freshman playing.

I'll be there. I doubt they'll be anything special, but who knows. Point guard will be a senior, shooting guard will be a Jr, small forward will be a soph(assuming he gets that job), post will be a Jr., dont know about the other big man.

That would be a better argument if UND hockey were being played already when you played Montana last week, SDSU 2 weeks ago and MSU this week. No hockey in town, no excuse not to come out to see the football team.

That would be a better argument if UND hockey were being played already when you played Montana last week, SDSU 2 weeks ago and MSU this week. No hockey in town, no excuse not to come out to see the football team.

You have a good point until you take into account that SDSU doesn't draw crowds much bigger than us. Lone exception is when they play you guys.

You have a good point until you take into account that SDSU doesn't draw crowds much bigger than us. Lone exception is when they play you guys.

Copy/Pasted from Wikipedia (using their format that I didn't feel like cleaning up)

September 15 2:00 PM UC Davis* Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD Midco Sports Net W 12–8 11532

September 29 6:00 PM Missouri State #25 Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD MVFC TV W 17–7 14,186

October 13 6:00 PM Western Illinois #20 Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD MVFC TV W 31–10 10,727

October 27 2:00 PM #22 Youngstown State Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD ESPN3 W 41–28 14,966

November 17 2:00 PM South Dakota #21 Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD Midco Sports Net W 31–8 15,278

November 24 2:00 PM #25 Eastern Illinois* #19 Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD (FCS Playoffs First Round) ESPN3 W 58–10 4,367

^^^ That last one cracks me up... it was a playoff game^^^

You guys only broke 10,000 people once last year. SDSU AVERAGED 11843 people including that dismal attendance on Nov 24. UND averaged 8912 people (again according to wikipedia) in 2012. So only 1.3 times as many people per game. Congrats, you went toe-to-toe with them.

The Alerus seats ~13000 people so you kept it 69% full (and it's indoors, no need to complain about crappy weather keeping fans away)

The CAS seats ~15000 people and they kept it 79% full outdoors

Copy/Pasted from Wikipedia (using their format that I didn't feel like cleaning up)

September 15 2:00 PM UC Davis* Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD Midco Sports Net W 12–8 11532

September 29 6:00 PM Missouri State #25 Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD MVFC TV W 17–7 14,186

October 13 6:00 PM Western Illinois #20 Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD MVFC TV W 31–10 10,727

October 27 2:00 PM #22 Youngstown State Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD ESPN3 W 41–28 14,966

November 17 2:00 PM South Dakota #21 Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD Midco Sports Net W 31–8 15,278

November 24 2:00 PM #25 Eastern Illinois* #19 Coughlin–Alumni Stadium • Brookings, SD (FCS Playoffs First Round) ESPN3 W 58–10 4,367

^^^ That last one cracks me up... it was a playoff game^^^

You guys only broke 10,000 people once last year. SDSU AVERAGED 11843 people including that dismal attendance on Nov 24. UND averaged 8912 people (again according to wikipedia) in 2012. So only 1.3 times as many people per game. Congrats, you went toe-to-toe with them.

The Alerus seats ~13000 people so you kept it 69% full (and it's indoors, no need to complain about crappy weather keeping fans away)

The CAS seats ~15000 people and they kept it 79% full outdoors

Please don't make fun of playoff attendance, remember 2010 NDSU vs Robert Morris for the first EVER playoff game in the 17 year old Fargodome and you get 12,000? That is what cracks me up for your almost half empty dome for your #1 sport. Also you compare a playoff team to a team that went 5-6. Big difference when a team wins there are more people like NDSU is now but lose like NDSU did in 09 and people stay home.

Bison fans will ALWAYS think they don't need UND that they've moved on and SDSU (or UNI) is their rival. UND will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be NDSU's rival, whether you want to believe it or not. How many Bison fans troll on the SDSU message boards? How many Bison fans chant Jacks suck at games where the Jacks aren't even there? How was SDSU received at ESPN's Gameday compared to a UND fan? NDSU fans may want to block us from memory but I guarantee you this, anything, and I mean anything positive that comes out of UND either an upset of EWU, a Cinderella playoff run, or even putting up a new facility (IPF or stadium) NDSU fans will always be there to comment and compare. You cannot erase two schools battling each other since Fargo got a college in 1890 (and football since 1894). We may be in difference conferences, play different teams, but our hatred will always be there once the spotlight is on one school or the other.

This is a mind boggling stupid post in a mindbogglingly stupid thread.

Seriously idiots, stop grovelling for NDSU to be our rival. It's pathetic and embarrassing. How's about we find someone new to give a !@#$ about?

last I checked NDSU is favored in the summit next year. Not exactly sure what point you are trying to make, if any.

They still get an AQ for the dance don't they? (Honestly I don't know... I don't follow basketball at all) So long as that is still true and if they have a decent team does it really matter? Losing in the first round of the dance has got to be better publicity than losing the big sky (or any other conference for that matter) tournament and not making it into march madness.

How many people were at the first ever playoff game in the history of the Alerus?

I'll answer my own question I guess. 6700........6.....7.....00.......

Sure the next game had more people for the quarters and the semi crowd was the stuff of legend but c'mon 6700 for a game against a 10-2 team that was actually pretty good?

I'll answer my own question I guess. 6700........6.....7.....00.......

Sure the next game had more people for the quarters and the semi crowd was the stuff of legend but c'mon 6700 for a game against a 10-2 team that was actually pretty good?

People figured out that you had to buy tickets separately for those games. No more season tickets. We tried to explain that to NDSU fans who ripped UND for those low numbers but hadn't had a home playoff game in 20 years themselves - but they didn't get it. Until the RMU game.