SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

I wish Bison fans would realize that UND's schedule is full. All this speculation is coming from the Fargo media because NDSU needs a game, not UND. UND has seven home games and the schedule is looking great. Take your angst out on Dom Izzo and Kolpack for even bringing it up,

To be fair, Faison was quoted as saying he would "entertain" the idea. Doesn't mean he would accept, but at least he is coming across as being open minded about it.

You really think that Mr. Faison wants this game next year with your schedule? I doubt your fb coach does.

If it means the start of an every-other-year series with NDSU @ UND in 2015 I think he at least considers it. It may be worth taking one beating to get this thing going again. Unless we see a monumental defensive turnaround next year we're not going to the playoffs whether we play the game or not.

You really think that Mr. Faison wants this game next year with your schedule? I doubt your fb coach does.

While I think it would be great for both programs to get this started again even if it meant every other year, I can't see UND wanting to sandwich this OOC game between the 2 Montana's, it wouldn't be in their best interests trying to push for a playoff spot. If the schedule fell differently it would be a possibility.

To be fair, Faison was quoted as saying he would "entertain" the idea. Doesn't mean he would accept, but at least he is coming across as being open minded about it.

He should've used the opportunity to advertise the highlights of UND's home schedule next year:

http://wiki.siouxsports.com/doku.php/football/2013_schedule

We should've been reading something like this: Faison said, "Our home schedule for next season is magnificent and our overall strength of schedule doesn't need improvement. I'll entertain thoughts of a game in Fargo on September 21 against NDSU, but I'm not sure I want the team traveling between our home games against Montana and Montana State, especially after having played South Dakota State before Montana."

He should've used the opportunity to advertise the highlights of UND's home schedule next year:

http://wiki.siouxspo...l/2013_schedule

We should've been reading something like this: Faison said, "Our home schedule for next season is magnificent and our overall strength of schedule doesn't need improvement. I'll entertain thoughts of a game in Fargo on September 21 against NDSU, but I'm not sure I want the team traveling between our home games against Montana and Montana State, especially after having played South Dakota State before Montana."

I was just looking at egriz a bit. One of their posters claims that Montana is still looking to opt out of their non-conference game against us next year if they can get a home game out of it. If this happens, I could see UND interested in a game against NDSU...not that it would change Taylor's opinion on the matter.

I think it is in FU's best interest to play 11 games this season. C'mon up to Grand Forks!

First, UND doesn't want the game next year. Second NDSU will find an opponent anyway.

I really have to wonder what's wrong with these "NDSU owes UND a game" people. Get a life! Move on...support YOUR team...enjoy the Big Sky...figure this DI thing out. Don't worry about NDSU - both schools are better off without the rivalry.

First, UND doesn't want the game next year. Second NDSU will find an opponent anyway.

I really have to wonder what's wrong with these "NDSU owes UND a game" people. Get a life! Move on...support YOUR team...enjoy the Big Sky...figure this DI thing out. Don't worry about NDSU - both schools are better off without the rivalry.

I hope you aren't implying that it is one-sided. Plenty of 'SU folks would like to see it back as well. Wouldn't say both are better off without the rivalry. At this point, it would probably give UND's fanbase a big jolt though.

By coming to their board and telling them to get a life seems odd.

• Upvote 1

I hope you aren't implying that it is one-sided. Plenty of 'SU folks would like to see it back as well. Wouldn't say both are better off without the rivalry. At this point, it would probably give UND's fanbase a big jolt though.

By coming to their board and telling them to get a life seems odd.

It is one-sided. Sure there are NDSU fans that want the game back, just not anywhere near as many. And where else am I going to tell them to get a life? Read the thread...this is the perfect place.

Just to clarify "get a life" in this context means "stop limiting yourself, strive to be more than what you have been."

UND doesn't need the game that is a fact. We have our 11 opponents all DI all count towards the playoffs. NDSU has 10 so they need that one FCS team to play (ideally in the Fargodome). So don't rip on UND for this, as this was started by Dom Izzo and the SU media. This seems to be a repetition until GT either plays 10 teams or schedules a DII team. Look how long it took to schedule Prairie View. So is this going to be an every year thing where they keep searching up to the last minute to fill out their schedule? Two years in a row says something. So that's why it makes GT look foolish to not renew the rivalry. Remember when Faison said 2015 Fargo 2017 Grand Forks, does GT still have the papers that was sen to him or did he use it for toilet paper.

Did you do a survey to find out if there really is more UND fans than FU fans that want the game or are you just basing your opinion on what the 50 people who routinely post of bville think compared to the 50 people who routinely post here think?

As Darrell mentioned above, this discussion was brought up by Fargo media yet I love how FU fans somehow spin it that its UND who needs this game. Play 10 games next year or pay someone $300,000 to come to Fargo. We really don't give a !@#$. Any team GT calls for the game holds all the negotiating power if their AD does their homework.

• Upvote 1

Just having a little fun! I don't think FU owes North Dakota a game. In fact, I'd prefer to let the football game lie dead in the ditch. I just find it funny that the media is picking up on what I have been saying for years, which is that Taylor carries around in his front pocket a document with a long list of excuses of why the game won't work for him to reference any time the issue comes up. I've been saying it for years, the two teams won't play in football as long as Gene Taylor is employed by the Institute. That is fine by me.

But like I said, for the greater good of the state, if Fargo still doesn't have 11 games come May or June, I'd be willing to let them come to Grand Forks so they have a full schedule.................... :whistling:

It is one-sided. Sure there are NDSU fans that want the game back, just not anywhere near as many. And where else am I going to tell them to get a life? Read the thread...this is the perfect place.

Just to clarify "get a life" in this context means "stop limiting yourself, strive to be more than what you have been."

Once again, UND doesn't need a game. NDSU does. Get mad at your own media for starting this.

Once again, UND doesn't need a game. NDSU does. Get mad at your own media for starting this.

What I love on BVille is how they say UND is not on their level. Really? Are we still DII? I thought a win over us would count so why not play us if they think we are on the same level of a Robert Morris or Sioux Falls or Fargo South. But that's right we aren't the ones crying for a game it is the Fargo media. I guess Montana isn't on the same level as them since we beat them, and I say lets play them in the dome...we are 4-1 in their building.

UND doesn't need the game that is a fact. We have our 11 opponents all DI all count towards the playoffs. NDSU has 10 so they need that one FCS team to play (ideally in the Fargodome). So don't rip on UND for this, as this was started by Dom Izzo and the SU media. This seems to be a repetition until GT either plays 10 teams or schedules a DII team. Look how long it took to schedule Prairie View. So is this going to be an every year thing where they keep searching up to the last minute to fill out their schedule? Two years in a row says something. So that's why it makes GT look foolish to not renew the rivalry. Remember when Faison said 2015 Fargo 2017 Grand Forks, does GT still have the papers that was sen to him or did he use it for toilet paper.

I doubt it, can't help that Western Carolina is working on getting a situation that allows them to play two FBS games AND still have a shot of winning a Non-Conf game.

It is indeed a reversal of fortunes. UND has moved on. In the true Dakota spirit of Lewis and Clark their fortunes were westward. The timid remained east. Net net, UND is "America's Dakota University."

Lewis and Clark are not North Dakotan, hence nullifying your point ;)

I doubt it, can't help that Western Carolina is working on getting a situation that allows them to play two FBS games AND still have a shot of winning a Non-Conf game.

Lewis and Clark are not North Dakotan, hence nullifying your point ;)

Backing out does suck (UND had Idaho St and Central Arkansas do this) but this is two years in a row of scheduling problems. GT is playing with fire and soon may be forced to pull an UNI and schedule a DII team for an 11th game or just play 10 and hope for a 10-0 record.

What I love on BVille is how they say UND is not on their level. Really? Are we still DII? I thought a win over us would count so why not play us if they think we are on the same level of a Robert Morris or Sioux Falls or Fargo South. But that's right we aren't the ones crying for a game it is the Fargo media. I guess Montana isn't on the same level as them since we beat them, and I say lets play them in the dome...we are 4-1 in their building.

So what they are saying is Prairie View, St. Francis and whatever next years last minute choice is are at their level. Next we will start hearing that they reason they can't fill their schedule is everyone is afraid to play them. Our schedule is full and fine - the best Division 1 football schedule in the state, leave it alone. It's the media that is stirring this up.
  • Upvote 2

So what they are saying is Prairie View, St. Francis and whatever next years last minute choice is are at their level. Next we will start hearing that they reason they can't fill their schedule is everyone is afraid to play them. Our schedule is full and fine - the best Division 1 football schedule in the state, leave it alone. It's the media that is stirring this up.

Correct. Somehow we are NOT at their level, but Wagner, St. Francis, Lafayette is. I am getting a feeling the NDSU fans think of themselves more and more like Alabama when reality tells them they are in the FCS like the other 100+ teams. UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU all DI playoff eligible, all at the same level.