SiouxSports.com Forum

Hextall signs

yellowknife

what brand of kool-aid would you be talking about?....i prefer grape kool-aid but whatever kind you make is probably good anyway. yes, my parents did do a fine job in raising me, i have a four year degree, i have a great job that can provide me with things that i want and i treat other people the way i want to be treated.

with that i think you are just a mean person who looks for attention, you probably didn't get enough love as a child so you lash out towards other people with your stupid comments and how you know this person and that person, just to make yourself feel better.

How more hypocritical can one get than this post. I was not the one taking random shots at anyone. I was attacked by you and your brethren first. I do know a lot of people having lived in this town for a number of years. I sure to seem to be able to lead all the people here around quite well and twist their cajones into a knot with little effort. The kool-aid I am talking about is the flavor you share with all the like-minded people here who worship the hockey team, like the fat girl in the corner lusting after the star quarterback. If you people ever looked in a mirror and saw the reflection that was being given back you probably would be ashamed of yourselves. So you say you treat people the way that you want to be treated? Well then I am filling your wish.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

How more hypocritical can one get than this post. I was not the one taking random shots at anyone. I was attacked by you and your brethren first. I do know a lot of people having lived in this town for a number of years. I sure to seem to be able to lead all the people here around quite well and twist their cajones into a knot with little effort. The kool-aid I am talking about is the flavor you share with all the like-minded people here who worship the hockey team, like the fat girl in the corner lusting after the star quarterback. If you people ever looked in a mirror and saw the reflection that was being given back you probably would be ashamed of yourselves. So you say you treat people the way that you want to be treated? Well then I am filling your wish.

here is what i said the first time i took a "random" shot at you. "in all seriousness i think all your negatives come from you sounding like a complete a$$. who cares if you know people....good for you! i also know people who work for the twins and wild and routinely get tickets from them, i just choose not to brag about it on a message board." all i was saying was that i don't care where your info comes from and that you come off as an ass. i also don't drink this so called "kool-aid" you keep referring to, as i was one of the more vocal people who bashed kristo for his frostbite incident. you remind me of a person who always has to ONE-UP the next person and to me that's annoying because a lot of the information you post is pointless information that is incorrect most of the time. if you want to go an piss people off with your no nonsense garbage thats fine, keep doing what your doing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The moderators have been having lengthy discussions and are privately addressing some of the angst expressed in this thread.

I'm not going to close it yet, because it could still be an interesting topic of discussion in coming days, but only if people quit responding to the off-topic personal discussions.

The moderators have been having lengthy discussions and are privately addressing some of the angst expressed in this thread.

I'm not going to close it yet, because it could still be an interesting topic of discussion in coming days, but only if people quit responding to the off-topic personal discussions.

Topic is of great interest, absolutely. But, being human, we're fallible when it comes being taunted. lomackman has admitted he's here to rile up the membership. Isn't that trolling? Why is he being tolerated?

• Upvote 3

While I am sure that it has been said by others but I do not wish to now wade through the drivel to find, I am with the camp that does not think that Hextall will sign. He is a good candidate for becoming captain. He clearly loves his time at UND and his integral role with the Sioux. He is not ready for the NHL anytime soon, if ever. While there is certainly no shame in a career in the AHL, where many great hockey players have had solid careers, that will come soon enough if it is going to come at all. Europe may be a better option for him. North Dakota will develop him as well as will any minor league team, save for the game time.

Hextall loves playing for the Sioux. His options, while reasonable, are likely not lucrative enough right now. He will see the forest through the Phoenix trees that may be standing in front of him right now. Temptation to put pen to paper will pass after reasoned thought. If Phoenix is indeed putting any paper in front of him at all.

• Upvote 1

I'm also in the camp that believes Hextall will be back for his senior year. I'm hoping that the staying four years in the program like this last bunch of seniors did will become the norm at UND. However I do know that when we are blessed with players like Toews they don't stay for four years. With training starting up again on April 25th I'm hoping that a lot of these questions marks will be answered.

And for the one that started this thread if it's found that Hextall is back....."Dewey Defeats Truman."

Good. I like to come here to read information on UND hockey and not have to read little kids shouting matches for a page before I can read a legit post.

Good luck to Hex in whatever move he makes.

I wish I could be as optimistic as the some of you. ???

I am with you. The people that put percentages on how likely a person is to sign without knowing that person is just guessing, so why put percentages on it? I tend to get a bit skeptical of people who are so sure of a certain outcome -- much like those that were so brash in the media and fanbase that thought there was a zero percent chance the Sioux would lose to Michigan. Do you hear that Austin Schauer (sp.) ? The funny thing is that people don't learn from previous experiences.

I also believe the chances are good that Hextall will be back. After he returned from his injury this season he was a changed player. There was much less antagonizing the opponents and more emphasis on his play. I believe that his play level stepped forward, until the Final Five. He seemed to take a step back to his old self at the Final Five, taking some really unnecessary penalties. But in the regionals he stepped up again. While I believe that he improved tremendously in the last two months or so, that is a relatively short period of time. I believe that he could increase his stock by returning for one more year and focusing on the things he did to improve late in the season, as well as grow stronger. I tended to like Hextall's ability to get the opponent's mind off his game, but there were too many times he took it too far and it hurt the team. The one thing that leaves me thinking he could easily stay is the attitude put out by former players that their college days were the best, and those that left early wish in some instances that they had stayed in college. While there is money to be made by turning pro, it also takes a lot of the fun out of the game and it is all business, a job. We've seen that the Fighting Sioux tradition and honor run very strongly through the players. While each person needs to look at their own situation, I think the words of past Fighting Sioux carry some weight. We also have the example that was set by the senior class of 2011. So I am hopeful.

I also believe the chances are good that Hextall will be back.

I hope you're right. It's being reported in another thread that Kristo has confirmed coming back next year, that along with Blood and Dell already committing could help sway the decisions of Hextall and maybe Gregoire, we can only wait and hope.

I definitely feel a lot better about next years team then I did a week ago, the prospect of losing Blood, Gregs, and Kristo was bad enough but when rumors of Dell and Hextall started surfacing it looked like we might be in a rebuilding mode, now it's looking more like reloading.

I wish the name of the thread would be changed. Every time I open Siouxsports.com I about piss myself when I see "Hextall Signs" on the front of the page.

I wish the name of the thread would be changed. Every time I open Siouxsports.com I about piss myself when I see "Hextall Signs" on the front of the page.

For April Fool's Day last year someone made a "Fontaine signs" thread and we all took turns having heart attacks. Then we kept bumping the thread periodically to mess with each other. :lol: Now it's finally true. So remember this thread in a few months and bump it to mess with everyone again!

For April Fool's Day last year someone made a "Fontaine signs" thread and we all took turns having heart attacks. Then we kept bumping the thread periodically to mess with each other. :lol: Now it's finally true. So remember this thread in a few months and bump it to mess with everyone again!

If Hexy signs one year after the original "Hextall signs" thread I will be completely fine with that ;)