SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD fans

bigskyvikes

I'm still waiting to meet a respectable UMD fan.................... :silly:

or one that knows more about their hockey team than I do.

I get that there are bad seeds in every fan base. I just wish I didn't have to personally come in contact with all of UMD's.................

And I realized I was an idiot and apologized? Wilbur, you sitting here ripping into me make is ok for you to rip into me, but not for me to make fun of Kristo? While I realize it was a stupid post, every person on here that has taken a dig at me since it has happened, you included, is just as guilty as me for making that comment. So don't act like your some saint?

As for the fan that said that about Lessard, yeah it was a Sioux fan, probably the most infamous poster on USCHO, dirty, aka Diggler here. The comment was "Junior should take swim lessons."

As for this whole thread, if you think you don't have just as many of these types of fans, then you are crazy. If I had a dollar for every time I went the the Ralph and got a middle finger in my face with a "7" following it, I'd be about $10,000 richer than I am today. The difference is your fans out number us 30 to 1. So our idiots, me included, tend to stand out more.

Well said and makes sense. You were over the line with Kristo, but its over now lets all move on. Hopefully after this coming weekend it'll be a "8" instead of "7". It is unfortunate that people feel they need to be jerks when you come to the Ralph. I have no problems with friendly jarring, but when fans from either team are jerks it's uncalled for.

I hope to see your team watching the finals from their living rooms.

And I realized I was an idiot and apologized? Wilbur, you sitting here ripping into me make is ok for you to rip into me, but not for me to make fun of Kristo? While I realize it was a stupid post, every person on here that has taken a dig at me since it has happened, you included, is just as guilty as me for making that comment. So don't act like your some saint?

####Nobody here is doing it on a widely broadcasted radio show! I was listening and you embarrassed me, and I wasn't saying it!########

As for the fan that said that about Lessard, yeah it was a Sioux fan, probably the most infamous poster on USCHO, dirty, aka Diggler here. The comment was "Junior should take swim lessons."

#####This comment the Sioux fan said is wrong, but hardly holds a candle to what you said. I know you apologized, but that doesn't make it alright!######

As for this whole thread, if you think you don't have just as many of these types of fans, then you are crazy. If I had a dollar for every time I went the the Ralph and got a middle finger in my face with a "7" following it, I'd be about $10,000 richer than I am today. The difference is your fans out number us 30 to 1. So our idiots, me included, tend to stand out more.

#####And yes there are Sioux fans that embarrass me, but like the other poster said, why do I always run in to ALL of the UMD fans like this? Its like the Goofs!######

Every team has knuckleheads that follow, and purport to be hockey fans. I have a friend from the twin cities, and of course, he's a

gopher fan and shows up at the Ralph in his Minnesota jersey. Inevitably, a Sioux fan or two will accost him in the concourse or in

the restroom, simply ridiculous. The good natured barbing in hockey is great, but many fans cross the line regardless of which venue

happens to be hosting the game. I've seen plenty of Fighting Sioux fans being just as obscene as Duluth or Gopher fans.

if he almost drowned than that's probably great advice.

now stop pleading for sympathy. you're only going to make things worse. the sooner you let it go the sooner everybody else will forget about it and move onto something else.

Just throwing in my take: all teams have obnoxious fans. Because of the overall number of Sioux fans, we have more obnoxious fans that most - if not all - teams in college hockey. Lets not start threads bashing every other school's fans because their threads about our fans could and would be a lot longer, containing terrible stories of drunken idiots. Having said that, go Sioux.

• Upvote 1

Just throwing in my take: all teams have obnoxious fans. Because of the overall number of Sioux fans, we have more obnoxious fans that most - if not all - teams in college hockey. Lets not start threads bashing every other school's fans because their threads about our fans could and would be a lot longer, containing terrible stories of drunken idiots. Having said that, go Sioux.

I agree I am sure there could be examples from every fanbase. Let's just let the boys take care of business on the ice and worry about our own team and their next opponent Michigan. We will have our hands full with them.

This thread is laughable.

I think it has something to do with the Gophers being down. UND is now the top dog and you are going have people cheering against you now. Perhaps it is even a bit ironic for Sioux fans who have cheered against UMTC now have the same thing throw back at them.

I just hope the guy with the windsock shows up. He's their more wholesome version of "beer grandma".

He is also older. He is 91 now. Plus he cannot see or hear very well. The student section LOVES him. We start a chant every game for him, wait until he stands up and waves his windsock, then cheer.

Winning post right there. It almost feels like obnoxious Sioux fans out number the regular ones. It is always nice to visit the Ralph and have people flick you off and tell you to "F*** off". Always classy.

Is there a UMD Bulldog message board forum somewhere? I tried to look for one, but didn't have any success. Any help would be appreciated.

Awww, look our newest member!

i've been reading their message board and a lot of them are talking about who they are going to buy tickets from for the championship game, i mean c'mon act like you have been here before! i mean it's one thing to talk smack about your opponent but its another to look past them and plan ahead! personally i've never had a problem with a duluth fan, i actually think most are pretty nice. the thing i have a problem with is the way they think they are the next biggest thing in college hockey.

By all means, we don't need you folks cheering for us Thursday if you seem to think we need your sympathy. I can tell you I don't know a UMD fan that want's your charity. What's up with the UMD obsession now? It used to be just the gophers, based upon the signs you folks bring to the final 5 when they miss it.

Don't you guys have better things to do than worry about our fan base? Hope you are all loud and proud for Notre Dame Thursday. You should also keep looking past Michigan, I'm sure that is going to work out well for you.

Like I said about the Lessard stuff, your own fan drops the bomb again of "maybe he should have gotten swim lessons." The best swimmers in the world have a tough time in a lake when there is a current. Honestly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

By all means, we don't need you folks cheering for us Thursday if you seem to think we need your sympathy. I can tell you I don't know a UMD fan that want's your charity. What's up with the UMD obsession now? It used to be just the gophers, based upon the signs you folks bring to the final 5 when they miss it.

Don't you guys have better things to do than worry about our fan base? Hope you are all loud and proud for Notre Dame Thursday. You should also keep looking past Michigan, I'm sure that is going to work out well for you.

Like I said about the Lessard stuff, your own fan drops the bomb again of "maybe he should have gotten swim lessons." The best swimmers in the world have a tough time in a lake when there is a current. Honestly.

im personally pulling for you guys! wcha final would be awesome and it would also show those idiots from wisconsin and uofm that leaving might not be in their best interest.

I just hope you see the hypocrisy in your posts about Lessard and Kristo.

That happened the summer of 2003. Honestly. Tasteless comment made by a college-aged student. Did he imply Junior was drunk? Did he imply Junior was a liar? Did he imply that Junior lost a limb or other body part and joke about it? Even you have to admit that Dirty's omment is fairly benign when compared to what you, a presumed adult, said about Danny. Inflammatory comments you said on a radio show with more listeners than a fan blog has readers. You're sorry. Good. The apology would carry more weight if you went back on that show and apologised to Danny Kristo. If you have, good for you!

• Upvote 2

im personally pulling for you guys! wcha final would be awesome and it would also show those idiots from wisconsin and uofm that leaving might not be in their best interest.

The sad part is, the fans don't want to leave, and the idiots who want to aren't going to be swayed. :sad: It's ok though. The WCHA will still have two of the winningest programs in college hockey and will still attract top tier talent.

• Upvote 1

That happened the summer of 2003. Honestly. Tasteless comment made by a college-aged student. Did he imply Junior was drunk? Did he imply Junior was a liar? Did he imply that Junior lost a limb or other body part and joke about it? Even you have to admit that Dirty's omment is fairly benign when compared to what you, a presumed adult, said about Danny. Inflammatory comments you said on a radio show with more listeners than a fan blog has readers. You're sorry. Good. The apology would carry more weight if you went back on that show and apologised to Danny Kristo. If you have, good for you!

Cardinal is only on once a week, usually Thursdays, so that would be the first opportunity.

I dunno maybe it is because your UMD team are a bunch of Gopher wannabes? :D Bleached hair thing has already been done....by many high schools as well.

Anyways, I don't have any problem cheering for UMD(the team) and good for you guys not wanting our charity. You already went to GPL to fill up your bandwagon so I understand. ;)