SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers Chokers!

BobIwabuchiFan

Handy to have the final five and the frozen four right there in the Twin Cities so Don Lucia doesn't miss them.

From the stands.

Come on now...he won't be in the stands.

He'll be the locker room attendant.

I'm just glad I won't have to see that stupid gopher.....thank God......

And the bars won't be horribly filled with Vanek jerseys......and back to back sweaters. I was kind of looking forward to Minnesota being in the Final Five and meeting the sioux on Friday night.

Either way, the Sioux play Friday night! YES!!!!!!! :blush:

The second time this decade that I thought I'd see a Sioux/Gopher game in person. The last was the regional at theralph. Guess I'm bad luck for the Gophers.

Chances are better than usual that the WCHA autobid steals a spot from the remaining top 16, although the Sioux or Duluth have to be favored to get it. I hope to see Sioux/Dogs on Saturday night.

As expected craigslist has exploded with ticket sales, most for under face.

As many of you may recall from seeing me at Sioux visits to CC and DU, I lived and worked in Colorado Springs for quite a few years (NORAD) before moving back to Canada. I got to know quite a few individuals who were closely connected to the Tigers and over a few pops they mentioned that The Don had left a very poisoned atmosphere in their hockey team's dressing room and that he had destroyed the hockey careers of a few kids, especially their goaltenders. When I mentioned these details on this forum about six years ago I got jumped on by all of the Gopher faithful who post on here. In their opinion I was total scum for even suggesting that their Hockey God "The Don" might be playing harmful mind games with the kids.

Well Gopher fans how do you feel about your coach this fine morning. He inherited and coached a decent team that was left behind by poor old Wooger but will leave you with nothing even remotely resembling a team. I hope all you hockey know-it-alls at UMTC have a nice summer. ;)

Are the gophers ever going to play in a Final Five again before they start repeatedly missing the Big Ten tournament? :lol:

I think their problems are completely due to coaching - especially at the assistant level. Their guys just aren't getting coached up.

Are the gophers ever going to play in a Final Five again before they start repeatedly missing the Big Ten tournament? :lol:

I think their problems are completely due to coaching - especially at the assistant level. Their guys just aren't getting coached up.

Nice to see all the kind words on here about Lucia. He has two rings that your coach hak doesn't have, Until that happens, maybe you should take a step back from slaming the guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice to see all the kind words on here about Lucia. He has two rings that your coach hak doesn't have, Until that happens, maybe you should take a step back from slaming the guy.

I wasn't necessarily slamming Lucia as I was critical toward his assistants. Clearly the quality of his assistants isn't what it usually is.

Sioux_Hab_it on the other hand... ;)

And coach Hak has two more games to play yet this year that tDon doesn't have...

I don't think anyone will debate that tDon was an excellent hockey coach at one time. I think that time might be passed.

So you're still living and reliving the 2002 and 2003 teams, huh? If that makes you feel better, then go right on ahead. Pull on one of your back-to-back sweaters (if it hasn't shrunk from being worn so much), put in the VHS tapes of one (or both) of those title games, sit back in your recliner and go back in time. But it doesn't change the fact that your program is sinking in the abyss of mediocrity and perpetual failure. You should hope that the administration does something about it soon.

And coach Hak has two more games to play yet this year that tDon doesn't have...

I don't think anyone will debate that tDon was an excellent hockey coach at one time. I think that time might be passed.

Two more guaranteed games btw...I am thinking 6...

It is actually kind of sad to see a program as storied as Minnesota's suffer like this. I hate the Gophs as much as any Sioux fan, but I take no pleasure in their misery. They are where we were in the early '90's...they'll right the ship again,

It is actually kind of sad to see a program as storied as Minnesota's suffer like this. I hate the Gophs as much as any Sioux fan, but I take no pleasure in their misery. They are where we were in the early '90's...they'll right the ship again,

With John Hill?