SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Football Season

siouxftball10

See post 171 above to answer you question.

Bamba was kicked off our team. Violated team rules. Our disciplinary actions taken at UND aren't tied to a players talent level like it is a little further south. Thanks for your interest in UND football.

You really want to open up that can of worms?

Felonies vs. drunken shenanigans, sure, open that can up!

What about putting a knife to someone's throat? Drunken Shenanigans too?

I am not saying NDSU hasn't had problem kids, just make sure your own house is clean before making comments like I responded to.

What about putting a knife to someone's throat? Drunken Shenanigans too?

I am not saying NDSU hasn't had problem kids, just make sure your own house is clean before making comments like I responded to.

That kid never put the uniform on again. THAT is the difference that was being pointed out between the two schools.

Bamba was kicked off our team. Violated team rules. Our disciplinary actions taken at UND aren't tied to a players talent level like it is a little further south. Thanks for your interest in UND football.

Interesting comment. Let's take a look:

2009 - Jordan Shultenover, projected starting WR. Kicked off team following arrest related to marijuana distribution.

Sidney Haynes, projected #2 WR. Kicked off team following undisclosed run-in with the law. Ended up at Georgia State and has some success there.

Dejuan Flowers, kicked off basketball team after starting at center for most of the year after shoplifting-related arrest.

2010 - Garrett Johnson, projected starter opposite Coulter Boyer at DE. Kicked off team after Best Buy debacle.

Greg Reid - see above, and was expected to be a big part of the team.

Sam Ojuri - projected backup and is now in contention for backup RB. Suspended all last season and was allowed to return by vote of team captains. No politicking involved on behalf of the university or coaches.

Make no mistake, as an NDSU fan I'm embarrassed at the number of run-ins with the law our team has had in the last few years, but to allude that there's any kind of favoritism based on talent is simply ignorant to an extreme. You should ensure that you're informed prior to making so rash an assumption in the future, Homer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This thread needs to veer quickly back to the topic of the 2011 football season.

I appologize for the thread drift guys. Scrimmage looked good today. Bradley looked good. Shaugabay made some good plays as well. Offense as a whole looked impressive. Hopefully its a sign that the offense has improved as they made some plays they didn't make last year. Again, sorry about earlier.

UND FOOTBALL: Offense dominates first scrimmage

Sounds like from the article and a few posters in attendandance, that the offense looked good today. To me, that is a nice report to hear, considering that for the past three seasons, all we seem to ever hear from the coaching staff is that the defense is way ahead of the offense at this point.................that is a nice change as far as I'm concerned, considering that I feel that the offense has really struggled the last two seasons.........

Also nice to hear from homer and from the Herald that Joey Bradley apparently looked good. Obviously the QB position is of major concern to this years team. Whether it be Bradley, Goska, or Hendrickson that comes out on top, there needs to be improvement in that area from last season.................

UND FOOTBALL: Offense dominates first scrimmage

Sounds like from the article and a few posters in attendandance, that the offense looked good today. To me, that is a nice report to hear, considering that for the past three seasons, all we seem to ever hear from the coaching staff is that the defense is way ahead of the offense at this point.................that is a nice change as far as I'm concerned, considering that I feel that the offense has really struggled the last two seasons.........

Also nice to hear from homer and from the Herald that Joey Bradley apparently looked good. Obviously the QB position is of major concern to this years team. Whether it be Bradley, Goska, or Hendrickson that comes out on top, there needs to be improvement in that area from last season.................

It sounds like Bradley is as advertised. With the kid being a Sophomore, hopefully he is given the reigns to the offense so he has a full year under his belt heading into the big sky next year. I know Goska has waited his turn, been around the program, etc, but I think the future is with this Bradley kid who can throw the ball down the field with some accuracy.

Hopefully the secondary heals up....don't want to be getting their butts kicked by the offense too much.

SFI has a nice analysis on the offensive of the ball. Looks like Bradley is taking the lead in the QB race.

Countdown.... 17 days, 10 hours, 42 minutes.

Remember Sioux Falls!!!! Looks like Drake has a pretty nice team coming back from last year. About 3/4 of the starters including a QB that played very well against Montana State until getting KO'd. They gave Montana State a pretty good game if the press release is at all accurate. Almost 300 yds with a new QB playing half the game. Originally I thought this game was a cupcake, but now I am not so sure. UND should prepare as if they are playing a major opponent and not looking ahead to Idaho. A loss or a poor performance against Drake would be a poor way to start the season. Go Sioux, or whomever the hell we are now!

• Upvote 1

Remember Sioux Falls!!!! Looks like Drake has a pretty nice team coming back from last year. About 3/4 of the starters including a QB that played very well against Montana State until getting KO'd. They gave Montana State a pretty good game if the press release is at all accurate. Almost 300 yds with a new QB playing half the game. Originally I thought this game was a cupcake, but now I am not so sure. UND should prepare as if they are playing a major opponent and not looking ahead to Idaho. A loss or a poor performance against Drake would be a poor way to start the season. Go Sioux, or whomever the hell we are now!

Agreed, past posters have eluded to the fact that Drake is an gimme game and that is not true. I am glad that others are realizing that the only gimme on our schedule is Montana Western. We need to bring our A game!

Agreed, past posters have eluded to the fact that Drake is an gimme game and that is not true. I am glad that others are realizing that the only gimme on our schedule is Montana Western. We need to bring our A game!

After losing to Sioux Falls no game should be labled a gimme. I agree too this game should be on the same level as Idaho or Fresno State. You play tough for 4 quarters not 1.

After losing to Sioux Falls no game should be labled a gimme. I agree too this game should be on the same level as Idaho or Fresno State. You play tough for 4 quarters not 1.

Good point, at the time I remember thinking that game would be a gimme too, but it was quite the opposite. We need to show up for ALL games!

Good point, at the time I remember thinking that game would be a gimme too, but it was quite the opposite. We need to show up for ALL games!

I watched that game with my younger brother (NDSU Graduate....ahhh....) and of course had to hear it the entire game about how Sioux Falls looked like the better Football team, the better coached team, the more excited team, etc.....

Sad thing is...he was right....that game wasn't a fluke. The better team won.... :(

I watched that game with my younger brother (NDSU Graduate....ahhh....) and of course had to hear it the entire game about how Sioux Falls looked like the better Football team, the better coached team, the more excited team, etc.....

Sad thing is...he was right....that game wasn't a fluke. The better team won.... :(

Yeah at the time I still lived in Nodak and I decided to go pheasant hunting that day instead (in retrospect a great idea), but I was able to tune for like 10 minutes and Sioux Falls was definitely the best team. It was gross! That had to be rough hearing your brother rip on you about losing to a NAIA team; I feel for ya. High hopes for this year so we will see if the better recruits pay off!

Yeah at the time I still lived in Nodak and I decided to go pheasant hunting that day instead (in retrospect a great idea), but I was able to tune for like 10 minutes and Sioux Falls was definitely the best team. It was gross! That had to be rough hearing your brother rip on you about losing to a NAIA team; I feel for ya. High hopes for this year so we will see if the better recruits pay off!

I appreciate the thoughts.... :lol:

The rest of that day you wouldn't believe the number of times I heard the letters NAIA......Plus I remember that being one of the worst attended games at the Alerus Center as well. Only like 5,000 people there....he got in his jabs about that too.....dumb bison lovers.... :blush: