SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Football Season

siouxftball10

My two concerns about Bradley would be 1) he is just a second year college player and 2) he threw a lot of interceptions last year. If he's the best UND has then they need to go with him, but I'm not 100% confident we will see major improvement at the QB position this year.

My two concerns about Bradley would be 1) he is just a second year college player and 2) he threw a lot of interceptions last year. If he's the best UND has then they need to go with him, but I'm not 100% confident we will see major improvement at the QB position this year.

If he throws 5 INT's against Drake I think Goska should start against Idaho.

Sheesh.

Who would you start against Idaho if Bradley throws 4 TD passes and 1 int against Drake?

Then I would start Bradley. Throwing against your own defense is one thing but if Bradley blows it big time against Drake then see what Goska can do against Idaho and evaluate.

I think anything would be a major improvement in the quarterback play from the last two years. I really don't see how it could get much worse, but I do agree with your concern about the interceptions. Then again, you have a kid who had a couple of 6 TD passing games, and he's got to have some kind of idea how to play the position.

Because this is really another year that doesn't matter (gasp...I know....but its true), my opinion has been to give Bradley the offense for the entire season and let him see what he can do with it and give him as much experience as he needs for next season. If its a bust, then at least we won't be cost a conference championship by poor QB play. I'm excited to see what the kid can do.

Did the Sioux find a diamond in the rough?

His only season of high school track last spring eventually supported Brown during his tryouts for the Fighting Sioux football team.

In two weekends in May at Lathrop, he swept the boys 100 and 200-meter dashes in the Class 3A category at the Region VI championships and collected the same titles in the 1A-2A-3A division at the state meet.

On Monday in Grand Forks, he clocked 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash. The Fighting Sioux coaches were impressed enough to later give him an individual tryout, which he ran receiver routes and tracked passes defensively.

Eielson's Pat Brown earns walk-on spot with Sioux Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Eielson s Pat Brown earns walk on spot with Sioux

And the starter at QB against Drake is ... http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/213869/

I mean no offense to Goska, the kid is a very hard worker and I appreciate what he has done in the past for this program and what he will do this season, but....................

Mussman said both quarterbacks will see the field Thursday night against Drake.

I hate that philosophy. IMO all it does is further antagonize the situation and helps to create more of QB controversy. A decision should be made one way or the other, and stick with it unless it is an apparent failure. I don't think it is alot different than our Co-defensive coordinator situation, which I feel has been a failed experiment.

I mean no offense to Goska, the kid is a very hard worker and I appreciate what he has done in the past for this program and what he will do this season, but....................

I hate that philosophy. IMO all it does is further antagonize the situation and helps to create more of QB controversy. A decision should be made one way or the other, and stick with it unless it is an apparent failure. I don't think it is alot different than our Co-defensive coordinator situation, which I feel has been a failed experiment.

If Bradley is lighting up that Drake defense then I think he would put Goska in late. I don't think Muss would disrupt Bradley's rhythm just to see what Goska has.

Bincitysioux...I don't see what is so wrong with using goska as well as it is done in the correct manner. Remember that Florida team that went on to win a nati with a running qb package? Not saying goska is tebow, but he is in the same mold.

Hopefully the coaches can pull up some tape from that year and get some good ideas, jump pass ;)

Also announced at press conference today that TE Zach Adler may have red shirt pulled, that Goska is taking some reps at TE and that there's a 90% chance Garman's red shirt will be pulled (per tweet from Tom Miller).

Kind of an interesting situation to be put into. Goska has the build to be a TE, and could have success there. Do you pull the red shirt of this young kid Adler with loads of potential to help the team that will not have any postseason possibility this year, or do you leave the red shirt on and have a full four years left for when the Big Sky season starts for the Sioux......er....University of North Dakota?

Glad I don't have to make that decision.

Put Goska into the left slot and motion him across the formation (so he's going to his right). Doing that you've set up:

- a hand-off around the end with him

- the reverse

- future play action for Bradley

- Goska passing on the simulated roll-out

Every defense is overjoyed to see two guys who can pass on the field at the same time, especially when one is set up for run-pass option.

I don't think we'll see Goska on the field as anything other than a qb too often. From the way Mussman was making it sound Goska is the #2 qb and they aren't going to want to risk an injury to their back up qb.

Personally I'd say to hell with it and let him and Hendrickson play wherever they can help us on the field. I hate the idea of having some of your better athletes standing on the sideline to be backups.

• Upvote 2

Put Goska into the left slot and motion him across the formation (so he's going to his right). Doing that you've set up:

- a hand-off around the end with him

- the reverse

- future play action for Bradley

- Goska passing on the simulated roll-out

Every defense is overjoyed to see two guys who can pass on the field at the same time, especially when one is set up for run-pass option.

Interesting concept. I would use Hendrickson instead of Goska, but there is nothing wrong with being too creative on offense....hell, we tried the pistol for a year, why can't we try something like this to at least see if something like this would work.

One of the things I've been disappointed in the most during the transition years is the lack of creativity on the offensive and special teams side of the ball. When was the last team the Sioux ran a fake punt? Did they try a fake field goal at all last year? Any surprise two point conversion plays? How about half back passes, or wildcat formations? These last couple of years would have been a great time to throw the kitchen sink out on the field and try just about anything, and really, we haven't seen it.

I guess we did try the pistol though.....although the thought of that offense still makes me sick....