SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

The landing of Tiolagi is a huge get. Definitely a great commitment. It is always good to get a North Dakota athlete. The Arp kid from Forman is very good. NDSU offered him and it is always nice to get one away from NDSU. The future for North Dakota football is exciting. I can't wait for next year and the Big Sky.

So huge!!! I looked at the recruiting tapes on Tuilagi that were posted and at some of the warm weather schools that we were competing with and I thought -- no effn' way. Wow! I may have to become a regular at Spring ball and the Green and White game this spring. That's how excited I am.

• Upvote 1

Tuilagi seems to be pretty impressive. I think he will be a solid addition to our LB corps. I don't know much about Taj Rich besides that he had good accolades for his work this season but I really like the job the coaches did at recruiting LB's again this year. We just keep building depth there.

My question is this: How did Dom know to call the coach in the first place? Somebody told him that the kid committed, he didn't just make it up on his own.

Very simple. These guys are usually touring the Dome as a group during home games. Some guys you recognize some you don't. Horne was a bigger name and I'm sure many people saw him on the sidelines during warm ups. Dom more than likely called a number of coaches to get some updates after they had visited. Last year Frank Veldman was on his group tour wearing a sweatshirt with his last name on the back and his HS on the front. By the end of the game everyone had googled the kid and was talking about him.

Also, Chris Monter at Gopherhole noted that LB Drake Michaelson, whom we knew a while ago would likely not be joining our squad, is going to Wofford.

Michaelson had lots of options - somewhat surprising he chose Wofford. Wofford, in Spartanburg, SC, has an enrollment of 1,500 students - meaning that nearly a third of their students are athletes. Beautiful campus with very highly thought of academics so it is a great place to go to school ... but a long way from Minnesota.

Do you guys think that if we had to lose any of the WRs Anthony Taylor was the one you'd be okay with?

Definitely. He was the smaller receiver of the four and one thing UND has is small receivers right now. Oliver, Fletcher, and Golladay all bring bigtime size.

If true, looks like Lechler wanted to be a farmer and Arp wanted to own the farm.... :)

I have heard Lechler is going into Ag so the decision makes sense - that would be tough for UND to compete with. Much like when a kid picks UND for aviation.

Do you guys think that if we had to lose any of the WRs Anthony Taylor was the one you'd be okay with?

Other than what I've read breifly on recruiting sites, SFI, etc, I don't really know a whole alot about any of them. Taylor was supposed to be a speedster & it's always nice to have some speed mixed in w/ size at WR. Hate to lose any kids at this point, but it happens. Glad it was early enough were the coaches had enough time to get another great WR like Oliver.

We definitely have some size at WR w/ these 3 along with Young, Jackson & Townsend for the next few years. Hardin & McGill will be great speed compliments to these big WRs.

Is there a reason that anthony fletcher isn't listed on SFI's 2012 commitments list?

Fletcher is listed on the list, fourth from the bottom. Anthony Taylor has been removed, however, due to a couple articles referencing him as committed to Eastern Illinois.