SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

I think you guys are putting way too much into how Izzo thinks he can affect a recruit. And I am confident that the best reporter in GF (schlossman) would say the same thing and tell you izzo does a darn nice job.

Good luck on Wednesday. I'm just hoping Izzo is in Beach right now.

Lechler is probably the top in state recruit left. I think both fan bases are awaiting his decision. Hopefully being located close to the Big Sky conference is a draw for him.

Lechler is probably the top in state recruit left. I think both fan bases are awaiting his decision. Hopefully being located close to the Big Sky conference is a draw for him.

As mentioned in a previous post, Lechler recently moved to Beach from Baker, MT. You would think that he may have a preference for the Big Sky.

As mentioned in a previous post, Lechler recently moved to Beach from Baker, MT. You would think that he may have a preference for the Big Sky.

If I were a betting man, I'd say he's going to ndsu......he's an agriculture kid. I'd be very suprised if UND can land him because of that, although I hope they do.

You missed the point. Dom Izzo said Marcus Horne soft verballed to ndsu, supposedly per Horne's HS coach....as of yesterday, Horne himself told Travis at WSN firsthand that he NEVER did soft verbal to ndsu.

This fall, Dom or Kolpack (can't remember which) reported that Mollberg had given ndsu his "FCS verbal" if he didn't go to the Big 10. A couple days later that was refuted by Mollberg himself in the paper....we know the end result. I can't remember what the source was for the Mollberg to ndsu "FCS verbal" in the article.

This is my point.

It's one thing to have a kid change his mind and decommit to another school, which happens a lot nowadays, but it is entirely another to be flat-out wrong about your initial report.

At best, it's irresponsible journalism......at worst, it's ndsu propaganda from the Fargo Forum and WDAY

Sorry, I'm back on topic now.

So if the coach told him that and he reported it is it wrong? You have a way of framing things up the way you want them to be read. Kinda seems similar to the folks you're ripping on.

• Upvote 1

So if the coach told him that and he reported it is it wrong? You have a way of framing things up the way you want them to be read. Kinda seems similar to the folks you're ripping on.

My question is this: How did Dom know to call the coach in the first place? Somebody told him that the kid committed, he didn't just make it up on his own.

I'm not as up to speed on ND high schools anymore living in the Cities - have you seen the kid play? Good candidate for a safety or CB?

I haven't seen him play football, but I know he's a very good all around athlete--probably one of the top five basketball players in the state this year, and one of the best two or three 300m hurdlers. He was also named the ND football player of the year by ESPN.

I haven't seen him play football, but I know he's a very good all around athlete--probably one of the top five basketball players in the state this year, and one of the best two or three 300m hurdlers. He was also named the ND football player of the year by ESPN.

He must be a heck of an athlete despite lacking size. He was listed as 5'11", 166 on his HS FB roster.

Quick note. Despite what our friends at our sister school in Fargo, Mollberg doesn't have a back injury, He had sprained ankles. That may or may not have affected a potential offer from Iowa but it had nothing to do with a phantom back injury. (I don't know what he did Saturday but the previous 3 BB games he scored 28, 22, and 25 with 9 rebounds in a physical game so maybe we need to give other kids the same phantom back injury). The ankle problem was unfortunate for Joe and fortunate for us. It probably kept him under the radar a bit. Despite what we might think of the AC, they were vey good this year and they wanted Mollberg very much. Bohl and Vigen went after him very hard, including worming their way onto the sideline during one of his games wearing their yellow outfits. Bottom line is UND is having a good recruiting year and as happens most years, we get some kids they want and they get some kids we want. That was skewed in their favor the last few years as they were ahead of us with the switch to FCS but "times, they are a changing"!

Along with the ESPN player of the year for the state of ND, he was also named the AAA player of the year. Jake Hanson of Grafton was named the AA player of the year. It's nice to see UND get these types of kids from in-state. Hopefully we continue to go after the in-state players.

• Upvote 1

The last couple years Coach Bohl has made quite a point of emphasis on signing day that they once again they got the players of the year in the state of North Dakota. Hopefully Mussman will emphasis it just as much as Bohl did. It looks like it is going to be a tremendous class. Hopefully there are still a couple of surprises yet to come.

• Upvote 3

Call me greedy, but I'd like to see another offensive lineman or two.

Offensive linemen are the guys who make QBs and RBs and WRs look good.

And offensive linemen are like money and goaltending: You may have enough but you'll always take more. ;)

Yet another tall receiver - 6'3, 190 Zach Oliver from Omaha Burke. I wonder if one or two of the current receiving corp are leaving are going to be ineligible.

http://rivals.yahoo....yc78lWn739IPZB4

Wonder if all of them were recruited at WR or if some move to Safety???

But, I do like the fact that we are adding much needed size & additonal depth to our receiving corps.

SFI write-up is also available. http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

It will be very interesting to see if all of these WR's come in or someone has changed their mind. Regardless, they are definitely working on giving Mollberg and Bartels some guys to develop chemistry with over the next 5 years. Maybe we will be seeing a transition into a little bit more of a wide open offense? Would be nice to have some 4-5 receiver sets to go along with what has traditionally been a very strong ground game.