SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

For anyone in the Billings, MT area this weekend, we are having a party Friday night to watch the game. Come on down and have some fun!! We had 90-100 people for the Saturday Gophers game a few weeks ago and initial numbers are indicating another big turnout for this game as well! Details below:

What: University of North Dakota Sioux Hockey vs. Colorado College - Live Broadcast

Where: Bones Brewing - 1425 Broadwater - Billings, MT

When: Friday, January 28 - 8:00 PM

Who: All Ages Welcome - Smoke Free

Cost: FREE

Specials: Food and drink specials

Per Brad, Cichy will be playing center again on Friday. Personally I think he is better than some who have been getting lots of ice time. Good to hear. Hope Davidson is in there again as well. Got a feeling Marto will be back on D this weekend too.

Per Brad, Cichy will be playing center again on Friday. Personally I think he is better than some who have been getting lots of ice time. Good to hear. Hope Davidson is in there again as well. Got a feeling Marto will be back on D this weekend too.

Agreed. You can't take Cichy out of the lineup, or Davidson for that matter, and how do you keep Lamoureax out of a critical series? I think the logical thing to do is put Marto back there. Some would worry about him transitioning back to D when they are playing on an olympic sheet of ice, but he is a good enough skater to where it shouldn't matter. That and the sioux have the luxury of practicing on the olympic rink all week.

I think Eidsness might have seen a start this weekend if not for his performance against UNO. Not really sure the next time they can get him in a game is. Maybe at home against Anchorage? (They did get five on him though...)

Agreed. You can't take Cichy out of the lineup, or Davidson for that matter, and how do you keep Lamoureax out of a critical series? I think the logical thing to do is put Marto back there. Some would worry about him transitioning back to D when they are playing on an olympic sheet of ice, but he is a good enough skater to where it shouldn't matter. That and the sioux have the luxury of practicing on the olympic rink all week.

I think Eidsness might have seen a start this weekend if not for his performance against UNO. Not really sure the next time they can get him in a game is. Maybe at home against Anchorage? (They did get five on him though...)

I sure hope they put Marto back at D. If you noticed at the end of the game saturday night when the Sioux were up by 1, Marto was playing D with MacWilliam and the other pairing playing was Genoway and Blood. I liked the idea of Marto at forward with the forward injuries but now that we are healthy I think the Marto at forward experiment needs to end. With those two pairings at the end of the game saturday, you are basically saying that we have either our 3rd or 4th D-man playing forward rather than D. I think we need to roll Genoway-Mac, Blood-Forbort and Marto-LaPoint from here on out or at least come playoff time.

I'm a big fan of rotating players. Like Hak said, some players were starting to get comfortable. Early in the year we fed off players being hungry out there, lets get back to that same Sioux aggressiveness. If you have Cichy and Davidson playing, who do you sit? Rowney, Brun, Gleason, Hill, who else? Can't sit Rodwell or Lam. I guess Nelson could sit one game this weekend.

His performance against UNO? Gets sent into a game with his team down 2 men after Dell has already given up 4. Gives up 2 goals on the PP( 1 was a 5x3 and the other a 6x3) when the entire team couldn't get their crap together for a whole game. The 3rd goal he made the initial stop only to have his own player's standing around in front of him not boxing out the UNO players. The last goal was a breakaway. The only goal I want back is the one in the 3rd. Even though it was on a breakaway, we had all the momentum in the world at that point. All we needed was 1 more goal in that game to make it real exciting for the last 5 minutes.

Personally, I would not have put him in the game at all. Dell should have stayed in. Eidsness obviously needs to play, but he lacks confidence. Getting thrown into a game like that where our team stunk it up is not going to help him out.

If I were Eidsness and Dell keeps playing this well, he's gotta look at signing professionally somewhere to get some reps in the offseason. Playing once a month(@UNO in November, Exhibition in December, and in relief last weekend) is not enough starts if I were him.

Where are Sioux fans going after the games? I'm not too familiar with the bars around there. Hopefully there is a better turnout than what came to the "viewing party" held in Denver for the Goofer series.

There's definitely not a lot of options by world arena. We went downtown last year and ran into quite a few sioux fans around that general area. There are a lot of great bars and breweries, and you can easily walk from one to another. Just take the Bijou exit on I25

If I were Eidsness and Dell keeps playing this well, he's gotta look at signing professionally somewhere to get some reps in the offseason. Playing once a month(@UNO in November, Exhibition in December, and in relief last weekend) is not enough starts if I were him.

He will. If you watch the interview I think it was last week with Tim H he wouldn't comment on next season. I know he was accellerating his education so he could graduate early. So with the lack of playing time, I'd be surprised to see him back next year.

Hmm, what I read on Trip Advisor was it was only in the Lobby not in the rooms. Guess maybe a call would answer.

After a Quick war walk through the Double Tree, you are correct. There doesnt seem to be Wi-Fi in the rooms. However there is Wi-Fi in the lobby. On my way out a stange homeless with a Amazing Radio voice informed me that they have LAN connections in the room.

--On a side note, last year when the sioux came into town there was constant buzz the whole week before. This week, Colorado Springs, has been sleepy hollow. There is a small game preview on CCtigers.com but thats it. not even their fan fourm has a post for this weekends game. Nothing so far in the local paper, or the news writers blog.

http://www.cctigers.com/news/2011/1/25/MHOCK_0125112124.aspx?path=MHOCK

GO-SIOUX

Esox

Does anyone know of any places in Grand Forks that has CBS College Sports?

Anywhere with Midco can get it. It's $4.50/month for the Sports and Variety Package that includes CBS College Sports, Big 10, FCS, etc. I just picked it up tonight for the game tomorrow.