SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. UNO - Saturday

MissSioux85

Hak

Great effort didn't always execute. First 10 minutes good.

Penalties on both sides in 1st and 2nd took away flow and hard on the legs for both teams.

Had more grade A chanced than they did on their PP's. Trupp was huge.

Don't like the rule that you get PP if goal is scored on delayed penalty. Profited from it tonight.

Needed to respond to some things we were seeing in our team, we responded, but we still have some things we have to work on.

Cichy didn't get a ton of ice time but made something out of every shift. Very happy with his performance.

Said something about how the refs were consistent calling things behind the play and after the whistle all weekend. Told the team after the first period they had to adjust and thinks they got it.

Gregoire

Knew after last night it was guts or glory.

Dell made huge save after they went up 1-0

Trupp was huge.

People don't know how much skill those lob passes take. Maybe a little luck that it worked but it takes practice.

TH asked about Trupp. Gregoire said all seniors have been great but Trupp probably best player last month. Trupp only guy who can bounce puck on his stick during a game like that.

After last night players said it is their team they all said they had to play their roles and stay together and up to them to get better, felt they did that tonight.

Chay interviewed by WDAZ, he admitted he was fighting the puck. You could see it in his eyes, he knows he had a tough game.

Great job coming on in the third, thanks Trupp and Gregoire, and Blood for that nice flip pass! Go Sioux!

Love Genoway but it seems he tries to do too much sometimes...I love the fact that he can carry the puck deep into the zone on the rush and he can dish and shoot with anybody...just seems like he forgets time and situation and gets caught up ice more than he should...carry the puck and keep it simple; especially with a lead...just my $.02

I was wondering that as well. I thought maybe they were trying to mock UNO but then that'd mean the crowd is color blind because it is the Purple Landcows that do the Ole song all the time, not the Red Mavs.

If you listened closely the UNO section was signing it earlier when they went up 1-0

I was wondering that as well. I thought maybe they were trying to mock UNO but then that'd mean the crowd is color blind because it is the Purple Landcows that do the Ole song all the time, not the Red Mavs.

Purple cow? Red Cow? Land Cow? Does it really matter? :)

I totally agree with Hakstol that the rule about scoring with a delayed penalty and still having to serve the penalty is not a good rule change, and one infraction can change a game. It worked against the Sioux last night, and it might have given us a win tonight. This rule needs to be changed. As long as they're changing rules back to the old format, you might as well ditch the hybrid icing call. The officials seem to miss that call more than they would a straight out icing, and it seems to me that you are rewarding unskilled and lazy play. How much extra time did the gophers wind off the clock last Friday by just chipping it out of their own end. You shouldn't be rewarded by keeping the clock going by trying to hold on by icing the puck. I wonder who is on the rules committee who thought these were positive changes for the game.

I totally agree with Hakstol that the rule about scoring with a delayed penalty and still having to serve the penalty is not a good rule change, and one infraction can change a game. It worked against the Sioux last night, and it might have given us a win tonight. This rule needs to be changed. As long as they're changing rules back to the old format, you might as well ditch the hybrid icing call. The officials seem to miss that call more than they would a straight out icing, and it seems to me that you are rewarding unskilled and lazy play. How much extra time did the gophers wind off the clock last Friday by just chipping it out of their own end. You shouldn't be rewarded by keeping the clock going by trying to hold on by icing the puck. I wonder who is on the rules committee who thought these were positive changes for the game.

As much as I hate to say it (and make it easy to predict what I'm going to say), I think as many rules that can be changed to eliminate the officials from making their own interpretations and judgments, the better.

Yeah, it might ruin the flow of the game, but we don't have the competent officials that we would need to be able to allow the on ice officials to make their own judgments on plays that could determine outcomes of games or at least affect the outcome indirectly.

I think you should only get the power play if the goal is scored on a delayed penalty before the goalie leaves the ice. If the goalie is still on the ice then it's still 5-on-5. If he leaves the ice and you score with the extra skater, then you shouldn't get the powerplay because in reality you already got your power play goal.

Even Trupp was a rock star Saturday night. His play in the second period when he bounced the puck on the blade of his stick and then over the defenseman's head was incredible, as was his goal. Gregoire was relentless.

The boys rebounded well. There were stretches during the game in which we dominated, most notably during two penalty kills in the first period. We deserved a much better fate heading into the second period as opposed to being tied at 0.

Game highlights on FightingSioux.com

• Upvote 1