SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SCSU

AZSIOUX

They played well enough to win against a ranked team. The goon has a video on his site that clearly shows the tying goal was a bad call.

Bad call or not, the GTG was awarded and the GWG did NOT happen. Had they been able to bury one more opportunity the Sioux would have "played well enough to win". I'm not trying to nitpick here, just saying that the game includes the calls that don't go your way. The Fighting Sioux had plenty more power play minutes than the gold-hats and still came away with a tie, even gave up a shortie and had over two minutes of PP time in OT. So no...good enough to win wasn't there, imho.

This team has enough firepower to score six goals per game. Why they sometimes don't still mystify's me, but because they have shown that on occasion, I think they'll pull it together and soon we'll see five and six goal games more often. Hopefully they are working shooting drills in practice so we can avoid trying to dent the opposing goalie's brisket so much each game.

JBSU is currently NOT a top twenty team, and the Fighting Sioux cannot afford to make them look like one. They will need to get the puck deep and bury their chances, and come away with 4 where Omaha did not. Plain and simple.

GO SIOUX!!!

• Upvote 1

I was just going to post the same word...

There were times during Saturday's game were the Sioux couldn't seem to find their a$$ with both hands, but overall they played a very good game.

41 SOG and 1/7 PP, and we only walked away with two goals and an f'ing tie.

Not really a stunning example of what this team should be doing with that experience and talent. But I'm sure the "hot goalie", "ice was slippery" and "they wasted too much energy with the puck bunnies last night" crowd will chime in, if they haven't already. This team has to find a way to close the deal on a consistent basis.

Did anyone see what happened to Hextall?

I don't remember 100% of the details but it happened in the corner of the Notre Dame zone on the side of the ice that the players sit. Hextall and a Notre Dame player were both going hard for a loose puck and somehow they got tangled up and went down together eventually crashing hard into the boards. They slid long enough that by the time they hit the boards they were well out of the play so the camera probably didn't see them hit. From where I sit it was impossible to see the entire play but I think both of them got up and skated to the bench without their sticks and I know Hextall was hunched over holding onto his arm.

They played well enough to win against a ranked team. The goon has a video on his site that clearly shows the tying goal was a bad call.

I saw the replay on goon's sight and there isn't an argument for goalie intereference as the notre dame player was inadvertantly tripped into dell. if you look at the replay you can see right before he goes flying into dell his leg hits a sioux players' leg then he goes flying. I do think it was the right call.

Did anyone see what happened to Hextall?

With about 35 sec left in the 1st period he was chasing a puck and crashed into the boards in the corner to the ND goalies right

He slid into the boards on his right side pretty hard, first hitting his right shoulder, then his head.

At the end of the period when the team went to the locker room, he did not follow them. The team went down the tunnel and took a left, I assume that is the locker room, Hextall went a few feet further and took a right (training room ?), It appeared he was holding his right arm close to the body compared to the left arm, My guess is he took some type of shoulder injury, maybe a head injury but my bet would be on a shoulder injury.

41 SOG and 1/7 PP, and we only walked away with two goals and an f'ing tie.

Not really a stunning example of what this team should be doing with that experience and talent. But I'm sure the "hot goalie", "ice was slippery" and "they wasted too much energy with the puck bunnies last night" crowd will chime in, if they haven't already. This team has to find a way to close the deal on a consistent basis.

I'm with you on this...last to Sat. nights we have had roughly 80 SOG and put 2 in the net?!?! This is one of the most talented offensive teams, top to bottom, that I've seen in along time yet burying grade A chance is difficult for this squad.

No way seeing the game live Sat. and rewatching it, we shouldn't have won that game...period.

Wouldn't be suprised if UND makes Lee look like an All-American one of the 2 nights.

I'm with you on this...last to Sat. nights we have had roughly 80 SOG and put 2 in the net?!?! This is one of the most talented offensive teams, top to bottom, that I've seen in along time yet burying grade A chance is difficult for this squad.

No way seeing the game live Sat. and rewatching it, we shouldn't have won that game...period.

Wouldn't be suprised if UND makes Lee look like an All-American one of the 2 nights.

I'd say we make Dunn look like an all-american one night as we did last year on the second night here, we lit Lee up a couple times last year. I'll go sioux 6-4 fri and some kind of 2-1 or 2-2 result on sat to keep with the theme of the past couple of weekends.

A long series of home and road sweeps, followed by a MacNaughton Cup, Broadmore Trophy, and National Championship.

Hey, you asked...

:lol:

The immediate retirement of McCleod and Papa Shep, the replacement of the NCAA with the Sioux Boosters club, letting the Spirit Lake Lakota Nation select the nickname...

Ice cream with sprinkles would be nice, too.

Haven't we done a wish list before?

IIRC.....Lee has NEVER FINISHED a game against North Dakota......

Sieve...Sieve...Sieve......

Friday chant

Sieve.....Sieve......Sieve..............

Saturday's Top 5 excuses why the Sioux lost.

Excuse #1

We lacked a little energy in the second and were sloppy with the puck in our zone.

Excuse #2

With the rough start to the season, we knew it was only a matter of time for this good team to have a solid game.

Excuse #3

The officials were terrible (probably the most legit)

Excuse #4

They got all the bounces.

Excuse #5

Lee (insert any goaltender's name we face on Sat here) was on his game tonite.

Friday chant

Excuse #1

We lacked a little energy in the second and were sloppy with the puck in our zone.

Excuse #2

With the rough start to the season, we knew it was only a matter of time for this good team to have a solid game.

Excuse #3

Excuse #4

Excuse #5

IALTO!! It's obviously #3! :D

Hey, Greico...um.. i mean Leafs Guy, where do you stand on this debate?

Friday chant

Excuse #1

Excuse #2

Excuse #3

Excuse #4

Excuse #5

Old Time & Hrkac you forgot ................. Excuse #6 Our conditioning is not as good as the other team therefore we can't finish the job late in Saturday games! :angry: