SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Irish-Sat

Bob in Wisconsin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

My gosh....talk about back and forth at the end. Dell with a great save at the end to get a point out of the game for the sioux. A tie sits better than a loss, but still a game the sioux should have won.

I can't believe that the officials called that play a goal....that was goaltender interference to a t..............The guy loses his edge into the goalie, lays on him, and the puck goes off him and into the net.....doesn't make much sense. The guy shouldn't have gotten to the net in the first place though.....not a great play by Genoway to get walked around like that.

No loss.....lets go get SCSU next weekend.

My gosh....talk about back and forth at the end. Dell with a great save at the end to get a point out of the game for the sioux. A tie sits better than a loss, but still a game the sioux should have won.

I can't believe that the officials called that play a goal....that was goaltender interference to a t..............The guy loses his edge into the goalie, lays on him, and the puck goes off him and into the net.....doesn't make much sense. The guy shouldn't have gotten to the net in the first place though.....not a great play by Genoway to get walked around like that.

Only watched about half the game, but saw Genoway get beat 3 times. Not a good sign.

Only watched about half the game, but saw Genoway get beat 3 times. Not a good sign.

Genoway is a lot like Brett Favre......high risk high reward sort of game offensively. He usually only gets scored on when he pinches on a play and an odd man rush the other way ends up in the sioux net. Tonight he was in good defensive position and was walked around.....you're right, not a good sign at all....

game tying goal clearly should've been waived off. COnsistent inconsistency, that is what we get...how do you count that one and waive off Frattin's on friday. We wrap up our CCHA schedule 2-0-1 vs two of their better teams. Good for the PWR.

I agree that Maine is the best we've seen, but we were off our game there. Hak appears to be trying to make us gritty and defensive on Saturdays...either that or the opponents are taking us off our game on Saturdays.

I am really looking forward to seeing Kristo start scoring...he shows such flashes of brilliance but hasn't been rewarded this year.

Forbert was clearly a step behind coming out of his illness. When healthy he is elite. He looked average tonight.

Powerplay still needs a lot of work...

Knight and Gregoire's timing was just a split second off tonight...if they are clicking, a couple of their passes hit the tape in stride and we score a few more.

Can't believe Trupper missed two breakaways this weekend. He is usually cash money on those.

Rodwell is really shaping up to be a player. I like how he plays. He will be an excellent player for several years.

Just got back from game.

Man, we should have had the W, but also could have lost in OT at the end. I was having flashbacks to the UMD game a few weeks ago! :( Dell is a very very solid goaltender, he can steal games for us down the road I think.

I also saw Genoway get beat a few times tonight. He is very dynamic, but a gambler. I often shudder when he is pinching, I wish he would be just a tad more conservative, not too much though.

I hope we can get the sweep vs St Clown, and then against Mankato, big points heading in to the Christmas break in the WCHA.

GO SIOUX!

I guess you can drive hard to the goalie crash into him and the puck crosses the line and you get a goal. I didn't get to see the replay but we had a good look at it from our seats and that totally should have been waived off. The refs waive off a goal for UND on Friday and give Notre Dame the tying goal tonight. Another nice hatchet job by the fine WCHA refs. What a bunch of buffoons. I hope Hak gets an apology for this weekend.

Chay needs to pick up his defensive play quite a bit. He needs to learn when to gamble and when not to.

He is a very dangerous player, unfortunately it can be good or bad for the Sioux.

Against UMD he made an ill advised pinch at the blue line in overtime which lead to an odd man rush and the game winning goal.

He did this again tonight in overtime which lead to a great shorthanded chance for ND, not to mention the game tying goal tonight when he got beat like he was a freshman playing his first game.

This stuff cannot continue to happen, he is a fifth year senior and needs to step it up. He gets a ton of ice time and if he is going to continue to be a defensive liability then this team will have no chance of winning the NC$$.

Chay needs to pick up his defensive play quite a bit. He needs to learn when to gamble and when not to.

He is a very dangerous player, unfortunately it can be good or bad for the Sioux.

Against UMD he made an ill advised pinch at the blue line in overtime which lead to an odd man rush and the game winning goal.

He did this again tonight in overtime which lead to a great shorthanded chance for ND, not to mention the game tying goal tonight when he got beat like he was a freshman playing his first game.

This stuff cannot continue to happen, he is a fifth year senior and needs to step it up. He gets a ton of ice time and if he is going to continue to be a defensive liability then this team will have no chance of winning the NC$$.

I am not worried about Chay in the least. He certainly lives and dies by the sword. If he would play to conservative people would be griping that he doesn't get more involved. He also does a lot of the little things that people don't notice. The kids aces in my book. Oh yeah and the kid is a super nice guy of the ice.

Just watched the DVR'ed third period highlights.

Turd Anderson, yep, use that one folks, is clearly cussing at Chay when he is arguing the Malone penalty. I see 2 clear F bombs yelled by Turd Anderson.

Also, the tying goal was iffy. it was ruled no goal on ice, not enough to change that in my opinion. Another observation from being there, Turd Anderson looked up at scoreboard to try and see a replay before heading to view the official replay on that one, he is a bigtime amateur.

That is a highly debatable call. If you are going to call last night's a kicking motion, then that sure as heck should have been a kicking motion.

That tying Irish goal was textbook goalie interference.

I was surprised that they allowed it, especially after they waved off yesterday's Frattin goal...which was way more debatable.