SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UNO

AZSIOUX

I wish I could watch this series on TV......should make for some great hockey both nights. You have your prototypical Blais team against a team that might have found its groove against Bucky. I think the advantage the sioux have is that any one of their four lines can match up with the top line at UNO. I think one thing that hurt UNO against the gophs that allowed the gophs to make that crazy comeback against them was their depth at the end. Blais can say all he wants about having the best conditioned team in the country, but I don't think there is any type of conditioning that can handle four lines rolling all night long.

I'll say a split occurs this weekend. This could be the weekend where Dell has to steal a game for the sioux, anxious to see if he is up to the challenge.

Don't the Sioux still have Poolman running the conditioning program? IF UNO has any advantage when it comes to conditioning, it should be pretty minuscule.

And, cowbells? Seriously??

Just my opinion here, but when Blais came to UND, his approach to conditioning was beyond the norm and essentially gave UND a competitive advantage for several years. As in all sports, successful methods are imitated, and college hockey "caught up." I doubt any program stresses conditioning more than most others. Not materially anyway.

Good article

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101115/MAVS/711159859/-1#blais-ready-for-series-against-former-team

One thing that could hurt more UNO fans from coming to the hockey game is that our new UFL team the OMAHA Nighthawks are at home on Friday. They have been averaging over 25,000 fans at the games. The fact that it might be cold and the Nighthawks cannot make the playoffs might keep some fans away and then Saturday night the Huskers are on TV. IF we lose Friday night, I fear that people will just stay home and watch Nebraska play. Any questions about what to do in Omaha feel free to ask. Can't wait til Friday!!!

That is pretty pathetic for a big time newspaper! I lived in Omaha, and they have a very rabid, loyal hockey fan base. I'm sure the hockey beat writer is pretty embarrased, as he should be. But it's not like UND is a national powerhouse that has won 7 national championships :huh: and its not like UNO is in the same conference :huh:

Sioux take 3 hard earned points. 4-4 friday, 5-3 saturday with an empty netter.

That is pretty pathetic for a big time newspaper! I lived in Omaha, and they have a very rabid, loyal hockey fan base. I'm sure the hockey beat writer is pretty embarrased, as he should be. But it's not like UND is a national powerhouse that has won 7 national championships :huh: and its not like UNO is in the same conference :huh:

Sioux take 3 hard earned points. 4-4 friday, 5-3 saturday with an empty netter.

If you read that article posted on the mav's message board, he correctly identifies UND as the Fighting Sioux. So I just wonder did the writer miss it when looking at it, did the editor? Sure the headline isn't correct so what. As for bulletin board material, you've gotta be kidding me. If you read the article you will probably have the same questions as to who messed up and didn't catch it.

If you read that article posted on the mav's message board, he correctly identifies UND as the Fighting Sioux. So I just wonder did the writer miss it when looking at it, did the editor? Sure the headline isn't correct so what. As for bulletin board material, you've gotta be kidding me. If you read the article you will probably have the same questions as to who messed up and didn't catch it.

the headline being incorrect is a big deal, when your job is print. and it might have been the editor, it might have been someone else, but the point is that although most likely an honest mistake, it still is a big deal for the largest print paper in nebraska. it's not bulliten board material, just an embarrasing mistake for the herald.