SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAINE

AZSIOUX

Hopefully we'll see a sweep, but I'd be surprised. Maine packs a good crowd and has some talent on offense. Friday 5-4 Maine, Saturday 3-2 Sioux.

Although nothing with our team will surprise me. We look so hungry, nearly every shift (besides 10 mins in Alaska!). It all comes down to our depth, players are eager to prove they belong out there.

Hopefully we'll see a sweep, but I'd be surprised. Maine packs a good crowd and has some talent on offense. Friday 5-4 Maine, Saturday 3-2 Sioux.

Although nothing with our team will surprise me. We look so hungry, nearly every shift (besides 10 mins in Alaska!). It all comes down to our depth, players are eager to prove they belong out there.

I think those 10 minutes in Alaska will be great for the team as the season goes on. Play hard, or anyone can beat you.

If you are on Midcontinent, adding the sports tier that includes CBS College Sports (314 in Grand Forks) costs $4.50 per month. If you cancel next week, they will prorate the amount you used. But we usually add the package for the seven months of college hockey and then drop it from May to September. If you call now, they can add it within 15 minutes and you'll have it by the drop of the puck. Hope this helps.

Dave

The big thing tonight will be weathering the early storm. With it being whiteout night and all that Maine will most likely come out flying and throw everything they can towards the crease. I'm thinking that Eidsness will be in the net for the sioux, so a big game for him as far as turning his season around after a bit of a sketchy start.

I'm looking for Malone to have a huge weekend. With all sorts of people watching him play tonight I think we could see one of his best weekends of the year......just watch the facemasks...... :lol:

Don't know what to say as far as a prediction goes tonight. I'll say 4-3 UND.....in a playoff type game.

I am pumped. Watching the Sioux play quality out of conference opponents is a blast and a good measuring stick for where you are as a program.

I predict a split, but won't rule out a sweep or a winless weekend. Remember, we still have to go through our first half slump. :)

Since I'm terrible at predictions, let's try this on for size:

Maine scores first. 1-0 at the end of 1.

UND then scores to tie it up.

Maine gets a gift powerplay and goes up 2-1.

Maine scores again to go up 3-1.

SS.com starts up the FIRE HAKSTOL and BENCH EIDSNESS threads.

Frattin scores to make it 3-2 (Powerplay goal)

Hextall scores to tie it up just into the 3rd period.

Eidsness makes an incredible save when a defensive gaff leaves Maine open for a 2 on 1 from their own blue line.

Maine gets the short end when they're called for a penalty with about 5 minutes and change to go in the game.

UND does almost nothing for most of the powerplay. Gregoire scores just as the powerplay expires. 4-3. Review of the goal reveals that this one shouldn't have gone in... the old "Sirson would like to have that one back" call by the commentators.

Maine starts putting on pressure and really carries the game, pulling Sirson for the empty net with about 1:35 seconds to go.

UND clears it and then Maine does something stupid, coming in offsides with about 35 seconds left. (upon review, it was VERY questionable)

Forbort scores on the empty net with 5 seconds left in the game.

Sioux win 5-3.

In the end, the Sioux win by the skin of their teeth as Maine really pushes play for most of the first and second periods and for about 2.5 minutes late in the third.

How's that for a prediction?

If UND doesn't make it a parade to the penalty box, I think they roll. Not real confident on the 1st part: 5-4 UND.

In Denver...just found out hotel has CBS College Sports station..."Room Service please!"

If UND doesn't make it a parade to the penalty box, I think they roll. Not real confident on the 1st part: 5-4 UND.

In Denver...just found out hotel has CBS College Sports station..."Room Service please!"

I got lucky too.

My Cox digital cable in Omaha here, has it too. However, it isn't in HD. Waaaah! ;)

Since I'm terrible at predictions, let's try this on for size:

Maine scores first. 1-0 at the end of 1.

UND then scores to tie it up.

Maine gets a gift powerplay and goes up 2-1.

Maine scores again to go up 3-1.

SS.com starts up the FIRE HAKSTOL and BENCH EIDSNESS threads.

Frattin scores to make it 3-2 (Powerplay goal)

Hextall scores to tie it up just into the 3rd period.

Eidsness makes an incredible save when a defensive gaff leaves Maine open for a 2 on 1 from their own blue line.

Maine gets the short end when they're called for a penalty with about 5 minutes and change to go in the game.

UND does almost nothing for most of the powerplay. Gregoire scores just as the powerplay expires. 4-3. Review of the goal reveals that this one shouldn't have gone in... the old "Sirson would like to have that one back" call by the commentators.

Maine starts putting on pressure and really carries the game, pulling Sirson for the empty net with about 1:35 seconds to go.

UND clears it and then Maine does something stupid, coming in offsides with about 35 seconds left. (upon review, it was VERY questionable)

Forbort scores on the empty net with 5 seconds left in the game.

Sioux win 5-3.

In the end, the Sioux win by the skin of their teeth as Maine really pushes play for most of the first and second periods and for about 2.5 minutes late in the third.

How's that for a prediction?

Wow, you've got a time machine too, because that's right on.