SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BEMIDJI STATE

AZSIOUX

The Sioux come off a 5-5 tie with lapses and a very convincing win over top 10 Alaska where the score didnt tell the story. The Sioux hit hit and hit playing very solid hockey overall. Bemidji State has not played yet this season and will be opening the BRECC this weekend vs the Sioux so Bemidji will be buzzing. This also marks BSU's first ever WCHA conference game and overall game. I think the Beavers will come out strong Friday but the Sioux take both games. Will be there and look forward to seeing the arena and some good hockey!!

und.gif

Fighting Sioux Hockey home page

bemidji.gif

Beavers Hockey home page

Was at the BREC for the Grand Opening yesterday (saturday). Saw the Beavers play a green/white scrimage, which was fun to watch. Their first two lines are quick, and the Read line had some nifty ping-pong passing down low in the slot. They will work hard against the Sioux and generate *some* success. However...if we see the Sioux team that showed up last night against Alaska and played the body hard, crumpling several nanooks during the game, the Sioux will enjoy a nice WCHA road sweep.

The BREC is a nice facility, congrats to Bemidji for putting together the funding and coming up with an Event Center for the Northland.

Also, one BSU player wearing a white jersey #2 yesterday was pretty fast. No name on the back of the uniform (only one un-named)...new frosh. maybe? I'd be interested to learn his name if anyone knows.

Also, one BSU player wearing a white jersey #2 yesterday was pretty fast. No name on the back of the uniform (only one un-named)...new frosh. maybe? I'd be interested to learn his name if anyone knows.

David Boehm?

I got word from Moose that this guys will be able to play after the first of the year as he is a transfer from UMass.

Edited by Goon

Hi Iceberg,

Please elaborate: what is the "MN channel" and what is an OTA antenna and where can I get one?

Thanks!

I'm not an expert, but I'll take a shot. Iceberg can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that the OTA antenna he is referring to is the old TV antenna that all houses used to have. They pick up the regular over the air television signals for local stations. Radio Shack used to have them not long ago, I'm sure that other electronic stores probably still have them. I think the MN channel is a public television channel from the northern lakes area in Minnesota. Digital signals can actually be split and they can send out 3 signals instead of 1. He mentions PPTV Channel 2.3. That is Prairie Public Television Channel 2 in Grand Forks, which can now have different shows on 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3. It sounds like the MN channel is on 2.3.

i think a big factor in this series will be the fact that bemidji state hasnt played a game yet this year. their exh game got canceled and besides the green and white scrimmage i cant imagine they have played anywhere near game speed like the sioux have in 3 games. that being said i would call for a sioux sweep here anyhow but its just a side note coming into the series.

i like that kristo-nelson-cichy line as well as ive seen that mentioned.

rodwell from the sounds saturday night will have a nice role on this team and forbort is already making a impact early!

will dell get a start or will it just be a every 3rd weekend thing to give eids a night off? i guess we shall see...

i think a big factor in this series will be the fact that bemidji state hasnt played a game yet this year. their exh game got canceled and besides the green and white scrimmage i cant imagine they have played anywhere near game speed like the sioux have in 3 games. that being said i would call for a sioux sweep here anyhow but its just a side note coming into the series.

i like that kristo-nelson-cichy line as well as ive seen that mentioned.

rodwell from the sounds saturday night will have a nice role on this team and forbort is already making a impact early!

will dell get a start or will it just be a every 3rd weekend thing to give eids a night off? i guess we shall see...

Two tough games, two gritty Sioux wins.

I'm not an expert, but I'll take a shot. Iceberg can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that the OTA antenna he is referring to is the old TV antenna that all houses used to have. They pick up the regular over the air television signals for local stations. Radio Shack used to have them not long ago, I'm sure that other electronic stores probably still have them. I think the MN channel is a public television channel from the northern lakes area in Minnesota. Digital signals can actually be split and they can send out 3 signals instead of 1. He mentions PPTV Channel 2.3. That is Prairie Public Television Channel 2 in Grand Forks, which can now have different shows on 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3. It sounds like the MN channel is on 2.3.

I was able to hook up my old antenna and found the channel...It's 2.2 (TPT-MN) in the SW suburbs (Twin Cities)...Also found it on Comcast HD channel 243??

The Sioux come off a 5-5 tie with lapses and a very convincing win over top 10 Alaska where the score didnt tell the story. The Sioux hit hit and hit playing very solid hockey overall. Bemidji State has not played yet this season and will be opening the BRECC this weekend vs the Sioux so Bemidji will be buzzing. This also marks BSU's first ever WCHA conference game and overall game. I think the Beavers will come out strong Friday but the Sioux take both games. Will be there and look forward to seeing the arena and some good hockey!!

und.gif

Fighting Sioux Hockey home page

bemidji.gif

Beavers Hockey home page

We will have to chat sometime this weekend.

I was able to hook up my old antenna and found the channel...It's 2.2 (TPT-MN) in the SW suburbs (Twin Cities)...Also found it on Comcast HD channel 243??

I still have a digital box and rabbit ears from before. How would I tune in to "2.2" for example. Is it on the box itself? I ahven't looked at it.

For anyone in the Twin Cities area with DirecTV the games will be on 17 (KTCI2) and 22 (KAWE) both nights. Go Sioux!

are you sure its 17? I know 22 is carrying it but 17 is for the antenna folks 2.3 (TPTLife) so that may not be right

(my locals are from Duluth...I get Mpls channels OTA)

I still have a digital box and rabbit ears from before. How would I tune in to "2.2" for example. Is it on the box itself? I ahven't looked at it.

Correction; I found the game listed in the Comcast channel guide for Friday and Saturday for channel 202. Those of you who have Comcast in the SW suburbs should be all set...

As far as the antenna goes, I just hooked it up to the TV, switched the mode from Cable to Antenna, and then did a search for available channels. One of the channels was TPT-MN which just happened to show up as channel 2.2 on my TV.

Try hooking up just your rabbit ears and seeing what channels you can pick up...