SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BEMIDJI STATE

AZSIOUX

Sioux Hockey Bus Rear-Ended On Way To Bemidji

The University Of North Dakota bus carrying the Fighting Sioux men's hockey team was rear-ended on Highway 2 near Erskine, MN this afternoon at about 4:00pm. It is unknown if there are any injuries.

By: Casey Wonnenberg, WDAZ

The University Of North Dakota bus carrying the Fighting Sioux men's hockey team was rear-ended on Highway 2 near Erskine, MN this afternoon at about 4:00pm. Polk County Sheriff's deputies tell WDAZ they did not know if there were any injuries in the accident and were on their way to the scene. The bus and team are en route to Bemidji to play a series this weekend. Stay tuned to WDAZ for updates.

Tags: und, hockey, bus, crash, sioux, breakingnews, fccnetwork

UNDSID tweet says all are ok but need a new bus

The directtv box would have to be connected to an OTA antenna, and capable of scanning in local OTA stations. Can be done with a dishnetwork receiver, so I assume can also be done with a directtv receiver. You'll need to ask where you're going to watch it if they have an ota antenna connected to the box, or just the dish antenna.

Only the HD receivers can do that. Directv has a separate tuner (AM21) that attaches to the Directv receiver

If you have a newer TV it probably has a digital tuner in it

The problem with the Midco guide is that they are broadcasting the wrong feed, KCGE-PBS, while the Midco website and other PBS information says that KGFE-PBS should be broadcasted here in Grand Forks on channel 13. I called Midco customer service and they have contacted a program manager. If it gets fixed by game time, who knows, but that seems to be the problem. More calls to Midco to fix the problem may help, 800-888-1300.

Sioux Hockey Bus Rear-Ended On Way To Bemidji

The University Of North Dakota bus carrying the Fighting Sioux men's hockey team was rear-ended on Highway 2 near Erskine, MN this afternoon at about 4:00pm. It is unknown if there are any injuries.

By: Casey Wonnenberg, WDAZ

The University Of North Dakota bus carrying the Fighting Sioux men's hockey team was rear-ended on Highway 2 near Erskine, MN this afternoon at about 4:00pm. Polk County Sheriff's deputies tell WDAZ they did not know if there were any injuries in the accident and were on their way to the scene. The bus and team are en route to Bemidji to play a series this weekend. Stay tuned to WDAZ for updates.

Tags: und, hockey, bus, crash, sioux, breakingnews, fccnetwork

UNDSID tweet says all are ok but need a new bus

Rear ended stopped at a railroad crossing by a smaller car... fell asleep after long day of hauling beets... 50 mph into back of our good bus..

Only the HD receivers can do that. Directv has a separate tuner (AM21) that attaches to the Directv receiver

Didn't know that, mine is an hd receiver (dishnetwork), so I've seen the scan option in the menu, even though an ota antenna does me no good where I liive.

One more question. Im doing some research on the for some other people. Direct tv in Grand Forks has the game on some channel correct? If so, what channel is it? And if you don't have the channel on your package, can you add/purchase one specific channel or is that not happening and you have to get the next package up? Thanks in advance!

One more question. Im doing some research on the for some other people. Direct tv in Grand Forks has the game on some channel correct? If so, what channel is it? And if you don't have the channel on your package, can you add/purchase one specific channel or is that not happening and you have to get the next package up? Thanks in advance!

by looking on the direct tv schedule online, i dont see anything. Maybe direct tv for the notherners are s.o.l.

Relatively same question as everyone else that I can't seem to figure out. I'm in Fargo and have Directv with an HD receiver, is there anyway for me to watch the games this weekend?

We get PBS on 13, but to get the game we have to have off air receiver and rabbit ears. I have one receiver that has off air connections and the newer one doesn't. We don't have any rabbit ears and we live in the country so don't know of they would work anyway. This is so frustrating, and it looks like no web cast either. We also have a FTA satellite but it looks like were SOL with these games. I can't believe were back to needing rabbit ears. I think DIRECTV people are out of luck.

From the Men's Hockey Travel Blog

Amazingly, the driver seemed to have escaped serious injury. You wouldn't have known it by looking at the car, which was totaled. Everyone on the bus was fine, although the players who were sitting in the back row are a little sore after being jarred pretty significantly

Like I said in another thread, hopefully the guys can shake it off and come out flying tonight.

ok sick of this crap...the game is close so why not on TV...makes no sense. so what is the finally deals on even watching it on TV. thanks

It is on tv, you don't understand how to pick it up? Go to Best Buy - I guarantee they'll demonstrate how it works for you. Don't want to go there? Here you go:

Seriously, all this complaining about ota and spending $15 on an antenna is out of controll...

Want to spend less? Here ya go:

Seriously, all this complaining about ota and spending $15 on an antenna is out of controll...

$15? That is an expensive antenna! I went to Menards and they had a "table" top model for 8.99 and it works awesome. Just hooked it up to the antenna (cable) port (my DirectTV Receiver is in another port) on the back of my TV, switched the TV over to AIR and ran a channel scan. Since the TV has a digital tuner, all the PBS stations in the area show up, so in the Alexandria area that means KAWE (6 feeds) out of Bemidji and Prairie Public out of Appleton/Fergus Falls (4 feeds).