SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BEMIDJI STATE

AZSIOUX

MN network channels it will be on....these are the over the air broadcasts for folks with an antenna

Minnesota

* KTCA (2.2) St. Paul/Minneapolis

* WDSE (8.4) Duluth / WRPT (31.4) Hibbing

* KAWE (9.6) Bemidji / KAWB (22.6) Brainerd

* KWCM-TV (10.3) Appleton / KSMN (20.3) Worthington

* KSMQ-TV (15.4) Austin/Rochester

North Dakota (Prairie Public Television)

* KBME-TV (3.3) Bismarck

* KWSE (4.3) Williston

* KSRE (6.3) Minot

* KDSE (9.3) Dickinson

* KGFE (2.3) Grand Forks

* KFME (13.3) Fargo

* KCGE (16.3) Crookston, MN / Grand Forks

* KJRE (19.3) Ellendale

* KMDE (25.3) Devils Lake

The game is also on for satellite folks (both dish and direct) in the Minneapolis market (if your locals are from Minneapolis) on 22 (KAWB PBS Brainerd/Bemidji) at 7:30/7:00 and replayed at midnight. Cable folks you may or may not have access to KAWB (Northern MN will) or the MN channel. Check listings on zap2it or titantv :)

I still have a digital box and rabbit ears from before. How would I tune in to "2.2" for example. Is it on the box itself? I ahven't looked at it.

Most digital boxes will allow a "scan" which then should find the channel, if your ota antenna is in range of the signal. If you have a digital tuner built in to your tv (like most hdtv's do), then it's just a matter of switching inputs to the input where your ota input is connected

yababy, I don't believe we can get this on KU band.

i think a big factor in this series will be the fact that bemidji state hasnt played a game yet this year. their exh game got canceled and besides the green and white scrimmage i cant imagine they have played anywhere near game speed like the sioux have in 3 games. that being said i would call for a sioux sweep here anyhow but its just a side note coming into the series.

I agree. BSU has not had a true game (even an exh) under their belt. They knocked a little rust off during the scrimmage, but nothing even close to game speed and hits.

They haven't played a true game and the BREC yet, and I believe start practicing their this weekend. Throw that in with the hoopla for the Friday game, along with the fact the UND has better talent/size, and it will take it's toll.

6-2 Sioux Friday; 5-3 (ENG) Sioux Saturday. It will be an interesting crowd this weekend. There's a lot of UND Alumni in Bemidji along with casual fans. I'm a new BSU season ticket holder and will be cheering for the team wearing green ;-)

I agree. BSU has not had a true game (even an exh) under their belt. They knocked a little rust off during the scrimmage, but nothing even close to game speed and hits.

They haven't played a true game and the BREC yet, and I believe start practicing their this weekend. Throw that in with the hoopla for the Friday game, along with the fact the UND has better talent/size, and it will take it's toll.

6-2 Sioux Friday; 5-3 (ENG) Sioux Saturday. It will be an interesting crowd this weekend. There's a lot of UND Alumni in Bemidji along with casual fans. I'm a new BSU season ticket holder and will be cheering for the team wearing green ;-)

I think intensity is going to have a lot to do with the results this weekend. I don't know if the Sioux will be able to match the intensity at the beginning of the game on Friday, but if they can be close most of the weekend, they could have good results. Their lack of success against us in the past is incentive enough, but throw in the opening of a new building that they will want to usher in with a victory, and the Sioux better be ready to play from the drop of the puck on Friday. The one positive is that it will be a league game and the Sioux will want to start off on the right foot. Hopefully the Sioux will show A.J. Michaelson why he should want to be a part of their team in the future with the intensity and grittiness that is the hallmark of the Sioux tradition.

Not sure why I am so lucky to have it on two channels in EP - but I will take it!

On a side note. Does anyone know if KAWE will carry all the home Bemidji games? That would be a nice Easter Egg after recently switching to DirecTV!

All BSU home games will be carried live on KAWE.

I'm actually really excited about these games this weekend, its kind of big brother welcoming BSU into our conference and bringing them to where they're at today. I dont know how many years in a row we've had a standing series with them, but it must be up to the last 6-7 years. Sioux will match the intensity Friday night, considering this is UND 3rd game, compared to BSUs first. UND 6-3, Friday, UND 2-1, Saturday.

I think a big factor that could come into play for fridays game is the carryover effect of coming off a trip to alaska and having to go back on the road again 5 days later. I think at some point either this weekend or next we are going to come out flat for a game due to all the travel and it will cost us.

We will be in Colorado Springs this weekend. Anyone know a place down there that usually shows the Sioux games?

These will not be satellite broadcasts so only those who live in areas that can pick up local MN networks, or in areas where this station is a local channel delivered by direccttv or dish, will pick it up.

I'm going to be in Blackduck this weekend, hopefully the hotel there gets the right station. Close enough to attend, but I doubt there's any chance of scoring tickets....

most places in Northern MN use KAWE/KAWB as the PBS station so you should be able to see it

• Upvote 1

We will be in Colorado Springs this weekend. Anyone know a place down there that usually shows the Sioux games?

I live Just outside of Colorado springs... There is a place in Falcon called Franky's Too... They are usally pretty good about switching the TV to what ever Direct TV channel you request...

Thats Where i go if i can get away from work.

Esox

Hey all, moose97 from USCHO if you're over there too. We have a radio show, used to be The Hockey Show, and we re-named it College Hockey Tonight for this season. We'll be broadcasting live Friday from 4-6 p.m. at the Green Mill attached to the Hampton Inn near the BREC. Stop by and say hi if you're gonna be in Bemidji!

I live Just outside of Colorado springs... There is a place in Falcon called Franky's Too... They are usally pretty good about switching the TV to what ever Direct TV channel you request...

Thats Where i go if i can get away from work.

Esox

Just to be clear, Lakeland is only avaibable on DirecTV/Dish in Minnesota, and only in certain areas. I'm guessing that Colorado Springs has Rocky Mountain PBS on their satelite services. I do understand that they plan to put these games on te b2network, however.

I think a big factor that could come into play for fridays game is the carryover effect of coming off a trip to alaska and having to go back on the road again 5 days later. I think at some point either this weekend or next we are going to come out flat for a game due to all the travel and it will cost us.

i think the trip to alaska will only help us. Bemidji did not play last weekend and may not be used to game speed yet. i guess we will have to see. Go Sioux!

Just to be clear, Lakeland is only avaibable on DirecTV/Dish in Minnesota, and only in certain areas. I'm guessing that Colorado Springs has Rocky Mountain PBS on their satelite services. I do understand that they plan to put these games on te b2network, however.

Touche' If its not on FSN out there, I'm not sure we can get it on Direct TV out here...

Esox