SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BEMIDJI STATE

AZSIOUX

I think UND can sweep the Beavers, but I don't think either game will be blowouts.

They haven't blown out anyone yet this year. Not even Manitoba. And Bemidji is better than many here seem to think.

They have one of the best players in DI hockey in Matt Read.

They have lately seemed to strike gold in the area of goaltending.

They have a premier head coach.

They have a ton of motivation. True, we do too, but still...

I'm not going to write off the Beavers.

And we won't win by more than 3 goals either night... assuming we win either or both nights.

I think UND can sweep the Beavers, but I don't think either game will be blowouts.

They haven't blown out anyone yet this year. Not even Manitoba. And Bemidji is better than many here seem to think.

They have one of the best players in DI hockey in Matt Read.

They have lately seemed to strike gold in the area of goaltending.

They have a premier head coach.

They have a ton of motivation. True, we do too, but still...

I'm not going to write off the Beavers.

And we won't win by more than 3 goals either night... assuming we win either or both nights.

The games against BSU are ussually really close. I don't see UND running them out of the building. I do think UND can sweep them if they get the lead in both games if they keep attacking and counter attacking. If they sit back and think they can sit on a lead they will be in trouble.

Here's where everyone in the state of ND or MN can find the Minnesota Channel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Channel

Bismarck is KBME 3.3

Thanks for the info. I get a channel 3.3 that is prairie public coming through the cable (in Bismarck). Do you know if this is antenna only? I might grab an antenna just in case and then return it if I don'n need it.

Thanks for the info. I get a channel 3.3 that is prairie public coming through the cable (in Bismarck). Do you know if this is antenna only? I might grab an antenna just in case and then return it if I don'n need it.

Im illiterate when it comes down to this stuff. Im understanding the rabbit ears thing but... So if I have midco digital cable and a LED/LCD flat screen, I can buy rabbit ears and plus it into my t.v. and somehow turn to 3.3? :D

http://www.b2livetv.com/partner_members.asp?id=18&s=212&stype=Sports%20Hockey%20Men%27s

Doesn't appear that b2network wil carry these, at least not on the schedule yet.

It may be a video feed through Bemidji's web site. However, it says live video available soon. No idea when that is though. So much talk on here is for out of towners, all of which seem to be able to watch the game. Quite sad that the Sioux play in Grand Forks and they can't get us the game? Im leaning towards that if you have Direct tv however, you'll be able to see the game somewhere in town?

Im illiterate when it comes down to this stuff. Im understanding the rabbit ears thing but... So if I have midco digital cable and a LED/LCD flat screen, I can buy rabbit ears and plus it into my t.v. and somehow turn to 3.3? :D

I don't know because I have never hooked up a digital antenna (different than the old rabbit ears) to my tv. In an earlier post I read it stated "over the air broadcasts" on PP which I took as through an antenna. I'm not good with this stuff either. I can't get ch. 3.3 on my cablebox but on my LCD with digital tuner in my bedroom I get ch 3.3. I'm hoping it will be on that channel. I do have Prairie Public on my Hi-Def list on the cablebox but I don't know if it is the Minnesota channel. Hopefully someone good with stuff will chime in.

This is the post I was referring to.

MN network channels it will be on....these are the over the air broadcasts for folks with an antenna

Minnesota

* KTCA (2.2) St. Paul/Minneapolis

* WDSE (8.4) Duluth / WRPT (31.4) Hibbing

* KAWE (9.6) Bemidji / KAWB (22.6) Brainerd

* KWCM-TV (10.3) Appleton / KSMN (20.3) Worthington

* KSMQ-TV (15.4) Austin/Rochester

North Dakota (Prairie Public Television)

* KBME-TV (3.3) Bismarck

* KWSE (4.3) Williston

* KSRE (6.3) Minot

* KDSE (9.3) Dickinson

* KGFE (2.3) Grand Forks

* KFME (13.3) Fargo

* KCGE (16.3) Crookston, MN / Grand Forks

* KJRE (19.3) Ellendale

* KMDE (25.3) Devils Lake

The game is also on for satellite folks (both dish and direct) in the Minneapolis market (if your locals are from Minneapolis) on 22 (KAWB PBS Brainerd/Bemidji) at 7:30/7:00 and replayed at midnight. Cable folks you may or may not have access to KAWB (Northern MN will) or the MN channel. Check listings on zap2it or titantv :)

I don't know because I have never hooked up a digital antenna (different than the old rabbit ears) to my tv. In an earlier post I read it stated "over the air broadcasts" on PP which I took as through an antenna. I'm not good with this stuff either. I can't get ch. 3.3 on my cablebox but on my LCD with digital tuner in my bedroom I get ch 3.3. I'm hoping it will be on that channel. I do have Prairie Public on my Hi-Def list on the cablebox but I don't know if it is the Minnesota channel. Hopefully someone good with stuff will chime in.

First off, as been noted, the games are on in Grand Forks (Ch. 2.3)

Here's how an antenna works (not a ton different from the old way). Plug the antenna in to the back of your TV (or to the back of your satellite box). Go to your TV (or satelite) menu and there should be an option to scan for local channels. Much like with analog TV, you may need to adjust the antenna for the best signal, but it should pull in all the PTV options (not just 2.3, but 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, etc. - Here in Bemidji, I get 6 sub-channels of Lakeland PTV). That's pretty much it.

The antenna isn't necessarily different - it's the TUNER in the TV that allows you to pick up the digital Over The Air stations. If your TV is equipped with a digital tuner (or a converter box) you'll be able to pick up digital signals with your antenna/rabbit ears. Sounds like you were able to scan it into your bedroom TV ok. Comparing channel numbers to your cable box is useless because cable & satellite systems will assign different channel numbers for their feeds, so they won't necessarily correlate to what the OTA signal says it is...FSN is 668 on DirecTV and 436 on Dish, etc.

Uhhhh ohh...This is not good...

From twitter:

From Bemidji Youth hky "The BREC has encountered an issue that makes the ice unskateable today" Uh oh. Anyone know what happened?

From Bemidji Youth hky "The BREC has encountered an issue that makes the ice unskateable today" Uh oh. Anyone know what happened?

— John Martens (@JM56601)

October 14, 2010
  • Upvote 1

It may be a video feed through Bemidji's web site. However, it says live video available soon. No idea when that is though. So much talk on here is for out of towners, all of which seem to be able to watch the game. Quite sad that the Sioux play in Grand Forks and they can't get us the game? Im leaning towards that if you have Direct tv however, you'll be able to see the game somewhere in town?

The directtv box would have to be connected to an OTA antenna, and capable of scanning in local OTA stations. Can be done with a dishnetwork receiver, so I assume can also be done with a directtv receiver. You'll need to ask where you're going to watch it if they have an ota antenna connected to the box, or just the dish antenna.

Uhhhh ohh...This is not good...

From twitter:

Just repainting the lines. Nothing to see here.........

Geez. Never thought we'd have to jump through hoops to see these games on the tube when they're sold out, they're only a stone's throw away, and they are being locally produced.

NEWS FLASH!!!!! Just got off the phone with midco and verified that channel 13 in GF is the Minnesota channel. According to PBS site GAME ON!!! Amazing that they did not figure this out. Use link below and select service provider Midco GF.

http://www.prairiepublic.org/television/tv-schedule/

Geez. Never thought we'd have to jump through hoops to see these games on the tube when they're sold out, they're only a stone's throw away, and they are being locally produced.

You could completely get rid of all pay TV subscriptions you have, and still watch BSU hockey, but not the Sioux. Funny, I'd take BSU's TV deal over UND's any day. Seriouslly - live and HD in most of Minnesota, most of North Dakota, part of Iowa, part of SD and part of Wisconsin, no matter what TV service you have (note that for the last several years, half Bemidji couldn't watch home games because there's competing cable compaines in town, and only one - Midco - had the games. The other - PBTV - plus satellite did not).

Or, you could complain about it. This from folks that would be more than glad to pay-per-view upwards of $10 a game to watch grainy video on the net. Now, all you've got to do is pay ~$15 ONCE, and you've got every game UND will play in Bemidji.

NEWS FLASH!!!!! Just got off the phone with midco and verified that channel 13 in GF is the Minnesota channel. According to PBS site GAME ON!!! Amazing that they did not figure this out. Use link below and select service provider Midco GF.

http://www.prairiepublic.org/television/tv-schedule/

according to my program guide from midco it doesn't say anything about college hockey at 7:30.

How about PPTV on Polar?

PPTV is Prairie Public, you need to get Mn tpt, which is Minnesota Public TV. Apparently it can be scanned in in ND if you have an OTA antenna hooked up. Not sure that ND cable co's have public TV other than PPTV, except maybe midco does?

I get only PPTV on dish, and cannot hit a tower to receive transmissions from an over the air antenna.

according to my program guide from midco it doesn't say anything about college hockey at 7:30.

I know neither does mine but it should be on since we get the PBS MN feed. TV guide says its on. PBS web site says its on. When I spoke to Midco they would not gaurantee 100% that the feed will be there but said if thats what PBS web site says it should be on. Person I spoke to says guide not always accurate. Also I have a OTA set up and the PBS mn feed matches the midco feed. Below is from Brad Schlossman's UND hockey blog from the GF Herald

Here