SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've literally never seen this. Not calling you out, honestly, I just want to know what you're seeing as we posters saying this. What IHTINB said is not inferring, nor suggesting, that SCSU shouldn't exist, it's just saying our tradition is stronger and that's carrying through. 

Not disagreeing with that.

And I didn't single anyone out, but over the last couple years there have been several instances of smug condescending arrogance towards other programs in these threads that in the past was reserved for Gopher Hockey and Bison football fans.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Not disagreeing with that.

And I didn't single anyone out, but over the last couple years there have been several instances of smug condescending arrogance towards other programs in these threads that in the past was reserved for Gopher Hockey and Bison football fans.

The difference is NDSU actually has some recent rings to show why they are arrogant, not that they should be, and we only have 1. We should be anything but arrogant around here. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No. We have no reason to be arrogant.

As I’ve said before, on a very small scale they have reason to be arrogant.  They’ve won some small school football championships.  This is so far off topic and it’s been going on for two pages.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

As I’ve said before, on a very small scale they have reason to be arrogant.  They’ve won some small school football championships.  This is so far off topic and it’s been going on for two pages.

When better sign Rizzo soon so this madness can end. Can we be arrogant if that happens? Or can we not because that can't happen in college hockey? I'm really not sure anymore :)

10 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

They’ve always been arrogant but after five  in a row it makes more sense. Still not ok though.

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Many on this board are dismissive of the have nots.

See this is the disconnect... what defines dismissive in this situation? It's asinine to compare UND and SCSU side by side and to say that are on our level. It's simple facts. However, I've yet to see one indication that anyone is silly enough to suggest SCSU shouldn't exsist, just that they aren't as good as us now. Could they get to that point? Yes. 

What is being said of these "have nots"? That they don't compare to our history? If that's it, some on here are way too thin skinned. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to lie and say were not one of the best. That's stupid.

• Upvote 1

Definition of arrogant

1exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearingmanner  
  • an arrogant official
2showing an offensive attitude of superiority proceeding from or characterized by arrogance 

Even if we had the right to be, why would we want to be! At one time the gophers had the right to be, but as they say, pride goeth before a fall, and Karma apparently caught up to them. 

I kind of started this diversion from the thread, and seeing that IHTISNB's jab can be taken as a tongue in cheek, wink, wink, statement, I probably took it in a different way than it was intended. That's the thing about the internet, you can't always detect tone and intent.  Sorry for derailing a thread that everybody, including myself, is excited to see pop up, because each time it could be about a future star.
  • Upvote 1

Geez ....

A guy cant even hate a bit on second tier rival opponent these days.....what eles are we supposed to do on the long break???.......just sit around polishing our natty trophies....

Jan Brady State College of Celebrated Participation is doing well right now..... lets see what happens in April.

:cool:

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I like our chances. It feels like Monty and Granato have eyes on the NHL. Berry probably does, too, but I don't feel it's as urgent. To me, this feels like a big advantage. 

I think this is where Berry wants to end his coaching career.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He has seen first hand as an NHL assistant under his buddy Scott Arniel how fast you get fired, and now to see Hakstol recover a bit from the fire he was under a few weeks ago, I’m sure he likes the pressure to win here more. Heard he is content to be here around family as well.  Wonder if Blais has second thoughts about leaving. Schlossman’s stat about Hakstol being one of the longest tenured coaches certainly  is alarming and would give one pause.

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I sure hope so.

I do too.  We've been very fortunate to have character guys as head coaches.  They are all intense and will do things from time to time they probably regret, but they have been great character models, and I think that is why they have all been good program coaches.  

• Upvote 2

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits