SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

2025-26... goodness 

James (Sr) - OMac (Sr) - Perron (Jr)

Swanson (So) - Boisvert (So) - Zellers (Fr)

Strinden (Sr) - Croal (So) - Emerson (Jr)

Pilgrim (Fr) - Slipec (Fr) - O'Neill (Fr)? Zellers? Littler?

Wiebe (Jr) - Zmolek (Sr)

Strathmann (So) - Emery (So)

Laurila (Fr) - McInnis (Fr)

Heil (Fr)

Cherry on top... Potter

Damn that’s stacked! Some fun years upcoming hopefully!

I heard Potter possibly MSU and Hagens bros Michigan? All rumors but it’d sure be nice to land Potter or Mooney. Either would turn that recruiting class from “excellent” to “elite”. 

Starting with the Boisvert commitment, has there been a hotter stretch for this program in the past 17 years (post Oshie / Toews)? This has been lights out. Of course, I don't think the best player of the past 17 years is in the group, but I don't think the overall "ranking" has been higher during that stretch. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, AJS said:

Starting with the Boisvert commitment, has there been a hotter stretch for this program in the past 17 years (post Oshie / Toews)? 

With the "last 17" disclaimer, and recruit reputation, no.
Actual on ice ... we shall see.

Other "hot runs" were
- Parise -> Toews (give or take a year or two) and
- building the 1980 and 1982 rosters. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I don't see: 
Panzer, Klee, Singleton*, or Schultz. 
Jubenvill, Ausmus. 

Beyond "goaltenders 2 and 3", we might have the 26 man roster for fall 2025. 

*at this point, zero expectation to see him

Oh, I was just picking what I'd consider our "best". I think Panzer has a really good shot at being a quality, four-year college hockey player.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Starting with the Boisvert commitment, has there been a hotter stretch for this program in the past 17 years (post Oshie / Toews)? This has been lights out. Of course, I don't think the best player of the past 17 years is in the group, but I don't think the overall "ranking" has been higher during that stretch. 

The only other one I can really think of is the run in 2010/2011 that seemed like we were winning every college recruiting battle for the NTDP kids...only to lose them to MJ after. I've wondered before if that's why our coaching staff went a different direction for awhile. I think the later recruiting now (not being able to until their Junior year) has helped with that a bit though.

If I'm remembering right, all of these were in that 2010/2011 run of Hak's: Rocco, Koules, J. Schmaltz, N. Schmaltz, JT Miller, Stephan Matteau, Voltin, Thompson, Wilkie. Lots of program kids. Some panned out, some didn't, and some were 1st round picks that never ended up on campus.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, SpudsSioux said:

The only other one I can really think of is the run in 2010/2011 that seemed like we were winning every college recruiting battle for the NTDP kids...only to lose them to MJ after. I've wondered before if that's why our coaching staff went a different direction for awhile. I think the later recruiting now (not being able to until their Junior year) has helped with that a bit though.

If I'm remembering right, all of these were in that 2010/2011 run of Hak's: Rocco, Koules, J. Schmaltz, N. Schmaltz, JT Miller, Stephan Matteau, Voltin, Thompson, Wilkie. Lots of program kids. Some panned out, some didn't, and some were 1st round picks that never ended up on campus.

Looking at this list makes you realize you just have no idea on recruting until, or if, they get to campus.  Only 4 of those 9 guys made a real impact at UND. Only 5 made it to campus.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Looking at this list makes you realize you just have no idea on recruting until, or if, they get to campus.  Only 4 of those 9 guys made a real impact at UND. Only 5 made it to campus.

Brendan Lemieux is another one that bolted. 

Let me know if I'm missing something. Per Heisenberg's website.

USHL (Forwards)

• Croal (Muskegon) - '03:
  • Littler (Cedar Rapids) - '04:
  • Panzer (Sioux Falls) - '04:
  • Slipec (Chicago) - '05:
  • Klee (Muskegon) - '05:
  • Swanson (Fargo) - '06:
  • Boisvert (Muskegon) - '06:
  • O'Neill (NTDP U17) - '07:

USHL (Defenseman)

• Jubenvill (Dubuque) - '03:
  • Strathmann (Youngstown) - '05:
  • McInnis (Waterloo) - '06:
  • Emery (NTDP U18) - '06:
  • Laurila (NTDP U18) - '06:

USHL (Goalies)

• Heil (Sioux Falls) - '06:

Other

• Ausmus - BCHL - '04:
  • Pilgrim - MN HS - '06:
  • Zellers - SSM - '06:
  • Schultz - MN HS - '06:

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

We've had a lot of commits not make it to campus recently too. Bowen, Reid, Mancinelli, Halliday, Rizzo, Morrow, Donovan, and probably more I can't think of off the top of my head. Some didn't develop as expected, and others.... we don't need to relive what transpired. 

Does Tambellini count?  He left before Christmas his freshman year I believe.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

We've had a lot of commits not make it to campus recently too. Bowen, Reid, Mancinelli, Halliday, Rizzo, Morrow, Donovan, and probably more I can't think of off the top of my head. Some didn't develop as expected, and others.... we don't need to relive what transpired. 

Soicer

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Mitchell Mattson, and of course Mitchell Miller, although the latter made it to campus. 

4 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Disclaimer. Players committing and not making it to campus will still happen. Just how it is.

That being said, since August 1st 2021, we are living in different times. It won't happen as often now as it did prior to that point.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

Disclaimer. Players committing and not making it to campus will still happen. Just how it is.

That being said, since August 1st 2021, we are living in different times. It won't happen as often now as it did prior to that point.

NIL? 

Sorry I may have derailed this topic with that post. I was referring to the last time I really felt like this with the current run of high-end recruits. They didn't all make it here, but that was a time I felt like for about 2 years it just seemed like we were winning every big recruiting battle.