SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I am guessing Cam is totally fine with this trade. Fargo may be one of the worst teams in USHL history and the fact there are (were) 3 UND recruits on this team had me nervous. Time to see how Cam does in Waterloo.

He stopped 46 of 47 shots in a game last weekend with Waterloo, which I believe was his first game with them.

Wilkie has sure been hot lately....I am starting to think I was a tad hard on him earlier in the year. Either way I think Poganksi must play another year of juniors and it would be a good idea for Wilkie to as well. I'm guessing Wilkie would be one of the top USHL players next year or at least be a pt/gm type of guy.

Wilkie has sure been hot lately....I am starting to think I was a tad hard on him earlier in the year. Either way I think Poganksi must play another year of juniors and it would be a good idea for Wilkie to as well. I'm guessing Wilkie would be one of the top USHL players next year or at least be a pt/gm type of guy.

I say if he has an offensive upside that can help us with goal scoring at some point next year, bring him in. Obviously if he isn't going to add that, then he might as well stay another year. Do what you need to do to make sure you have the right pieces in place to make sure we can get to that regional in Fargo. Wilkie is one of the few that has already signed his letter of intent. Correct?

Chris Wilkie had 2 goals tonight to keep his point streak alive at 7 game. 10 points (4G and 6A) in those games.

Shane Gersich had an assist tonight in a 4-2 win.

Tucker Poolman with an assist in a 3-1 win.

Christian Cakebread with an assist in a 3-1 loss.

Jack Rowe with no points and 15 penalty minutes.

Nick Schmaltz with 2 assists in a 6-0 win.

Rhett Gardner with an assist in a 4-0 win.

Wilkie has another goal tonight to make it an 8 game streak with 11 points. Making a strong case to come next year.

Cam Johnson has 20 saves and 2 goals against today verse his old team tonight.

Shane Gersich also gets a goal tonight.

Nick Schmaltz with 2 more assists in a win verse Christian Evers USA team.

Hayden shaw doesn't get a point but is +2 to help out Cam.

Wilkie has another goal tonight to make it an 8 game streak with 11 points. Making a strong case to come next year.

Cam Johnson has 20 saves and 2 goals against today verse his old team tonight.

Shane Gersich also gets a goal tonight.

Nick Schmaltz with 2 more assists in a win verse Christian Evers USA team.

Hayden shaw doesn't get a point but is +2 to help out Cam.

Can you keep posting these stats please? Thank you.

Nick Shmaltz has one assist tonight vs Dubuque in a loss. It should have been two after he had a great toe drag to back hand pass to two players who aren't ready for the puck. What stuck out was how good his hands are, he also has good speed and agility with the puck. This guy is going to be special come next year.

Connor Wilkie scores again to make it a 9 game point streak (6 goals and 6 assists in those games).

Austin Poganski gets a goal and an assist also for tri-city.

Jack Rowe for Fargo gets 2 goals as they beat Omaha. Christian Cakebread seemed to not have an impact.

Tucker Poolman gets a +1 in the 5-2 loss.

Hayden Shaw, Waterloo, goes +2 in the 5 to 1 win. Cam Johnson didn't play in this one.

John Simonson gets a goal and a fight in tonight in a lost to Green Bay.

Nick Schmaltz gets another assist in the win.

Connor Wilkie scores again to make it a 9 game point streak (6 goals and 6 assists in those games).

Austin Poganski gets a goal and an assist also for tri-city.

Jack Rowe for Fargo gets 2 goals as they beat Omaha. Christian Cakebread seemed to not have an impact.

Tucker Poolman gets a +1 in the 5-2 loss.

Hayden Shaw, Waterloo, goes +2 in the 5 to 1 win. Cam Johnson didn't play in this one.

John Simonson gets a goal and a fight in tonight in a lost to Green Bay.

Nick Schmaltz gets another assist in the win.

*Chris Wilkie (We all knew what you meant) :)

Danys Chartrand 0 pts vs. Weyburn

Flin Flon's website has him coming in 2016. That has to be a misprint since he is already 20 years old, just turned 2 weeks ago. That would make him 22 when he comes in.

2015 is probably a more likely date for him. Needs some time to develop a little so defiantly not next year.

Flin Flon's website has him coming in 2016. That has to be a misprint since he is already 20 years old, just turned 2 weeks ago. That would make him 22 when he comes in.

Would probably expect him for the 15-16 season along with Ausmus, LaDue, Stecher, Thompson, Poolman, and Mantha and maybe Pelnik if he ever ends up here. Could potentially have Schmaltz as a senior that year as well and that would be the only reason that I could see Chartrand not coming in that year although I highly doubt Schmaltz uses up all his college eligibility.

Would probably expect him for the 15-16 season along with Ausmus, LaDue, Stecher, Thompson, Poolman, and Mantha and maybe Pelnik if he ever ends up here. Could potentially have Schmaltz as a senior that year as well and that would be the only reason that I could see Chartrand not coming in that year although I highly doubt Schmaltz uses up all his college eligibility.

Just by how he has been playing this year, I would put the chances of Schmaltz being here for his senior year at close to 0%. He has shown the ability to dominate as a defenseman, which is pretty rare. The reason why I think he stays for his junior year is to play with his brother and he is still physically underweight. I know he almost weighs 200 pounds, but he is visibly the skinniest player on the ice, almost at all times. Brock Nelson was the same way his sophomore year, but even though he was skinny, I thought he always seemed pretty strong on the ice (his sophomore year, at least), I haven't gotten that impression from Schmaltz, yet.

Just by how he has been playing this year, I would put the chances of Schmaltz being here for his senior year at close to 0%. He has shown the ability to dominate as a defenseman, which is pretty rare. The reason why I think he stays for his junior year is to play with his brother and he is still physically underweight. I know he almost weighs 200 pounds, but he is visibly the skinniest player on the ice, almost at all times. Brock Nelson was the same way his sophomore year, but even though he was skinny, I thought he always seemed pretty strong on the ice (his sophomore year, at least), I haven't gotten that impression from Schmaltz, yet.

I think we will be lucky if he stays next year. Hopefully he will - he has really developed well this year.

I think we will be lucky if he stays next year. Hopefully he will - he has really developed well this year.

He'll stay. Why would he leave? He'll be playing with his brother and it's not like he'll be cracking the Blues roster right away. His main focus next year will be to add strength and completely dominate the college hockey game.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, with the progress he has made from this time last year to where he is at now you can definitely see the development but I would be surprised if he isn't back for one more year. I do think that he does wanna play another year with his brother and still needs to add more muscle. I also think it helps that he is a Blues pick and they have good depth and seem to be pretty patient with letting their prospects develop.

Agreed, with the progress he has made from this time last year to where he is at now you can definitely see the development but I would be surprised if he isn't back for one more year. I do think that he does wanna play another year with his brother and still needs to add more muscle. I also think it helps that he is a Blues pick and they have good depth and seem to be pretty patient with letting their prospects develop.

Yes, I think it helps our cause that the Blues' have such good organizational depth at all positions, they really have no need for any of their prospects to be ready for a while.