SiouxSports.com Forum

The Power of the Sioux Jersey

ksixpack

I have no problem believing it was 50 to 1, as that is the trend that I have seen state-wide. The Bison have a strong following in the city of Fargo but the Sioux have a strong following in the entire state of North Dakota (including Fargo).

LMAO.....this from the Minnesota guy that lives in Fargo.....who never attended a North Dakota institution of Higher Education......LMAO. Funny $#it there Davey!! :lol:

There was a city change in there that probably accounts for that.

The better question that you should've asked was, "Do you see "Bullets" jerseys at "Wizards" games?" --> same franchise, same town.

Or North Stars Jerseys at Wild games. I know there were Jets jerseys in Phoenix.

There will be Sioux gear worn at UND events until all of us are dead and gone. And....what is wrong with that. You should never forget your history.

Correct. I to this day still wear my Winnipeg Jets jersey. I got in 1993 then they moved in 96 still wore it. Will I get a jersey with their new logo..maybe but I will always wear my Jets jersey because its who I like. I still have a Sioux hockey jersey with the old Sioux logo on it from the late 90's (i can't remember what name they give that logo geometric or something like that), but even though I don't wear their current logo doesn't mean I don't support it or love it. I still have a Central Redskins jacket, do I say go Redskins sure but I also say go Knights. It just takes time.

Correct. I to this day still wear my Winnipeg Jets jersey. I got in 1993 then they moved in 96 still wore it. Will I get a jersey with their new logo..maybe but I will always wear my Jets jersey because its who I like. I still have a Sioux hockey jersey with the old Sioux logo on it from the late 90's (i can't remember what name they give that logo geometric or something like that), but even though I don't wear their current logo doesn't mean I don't support it or love it. I still have a Central Redskins jacket, do I say go Redskins sure but I also say go Knights. It just takes time.

It is just the same as a lot of folks on this board like to take jabs at NDSU being the AC. To me that is no insult at all. I am proud of the agriculture background of NDSU and of North Dakota. It is a great history and one that no NDSU alumnus or North Dakotan should ever forget.

By the way.....the new Jets logo is pretty classy.

It is just the same as a lot of folks on this board like to take jabs at NDSU being the AC. To me that is no insult at all. I am proud of the agriculture background of NDSU and of North Dakota. It is a great history and one that no NDSU alumnus or North Dakotan should ever forget.

At least they didn't copy the NY Jets. I like it when teams have orginal logos, unlike Howard their Bison logo is the same as the Buffalo Bills.

At Colorado State University they still sell "Colorado A&M" shirts in orange with "Aggies" at the bottom. Very popular with the students there. Absolutely nothing wrong with NDSU remembering its past. (Especially the Rocky Hagar period. Don't forget!)

At Colorado State University they still sell "Colorado A&M" shirts in orange with "Aggies" at the bottom. Very popular with the students there. Absolutely nothing wrong with NDSU remembering its past. (Especially the Rocky Hagar period. Don't forget!)

I have never seen any Flickertail jerseys or shirts out there. I wonder why?

So now I'm a Minnesota guy? Okay, I don't have a problem with that as Minnesota is my favorite D1 team... but you do realize that my favorite team overall when you combine D1 and I-AA together is North Dakota, right? Not sure how that makes me a Minnesota guy. Not that I mind being called a Minnesota guy, but... yeah, whatever. :lol:

So you are a Minnesota guy that delivers pizza. Wow I wonder what else they are going to call you.

Same jerseys as last year. The name isn't going anywhere yet, and hopefully never will if Spirit Lake wins their fight be that remains to be seen.

Actually starting in 2012 Jan 1. UND will unveil new jerseys IMO if they do retire the name by Dec. 31st. Or they may still wear the regualr Sioux jerseys until the NCAA tourny (not the WCHA tourny) starts.

So now I'm a Minnesota guy? Okay, I don't have a problem with that as Minnesota is my favorite D1 team... but you do realize that my favorite team overall when you combine D1 and I-AA together is North Dakota, right? Not sure how that makes me a Minnesota guy. Not that I mind being called a Minnesota guy, but... yeah, whatever. :lol:

You are no native North Dakotan and you never even attended higher education here. You are a wannabe......on the outside looking in.

A. You don't even know me, so you have no clue what state I am a native of or where I attended higher education.

B. It makes no difference what state I am a native of or where I attended higher education.

C. You're proving yourself to be nothing more than a troll here just trying to instigate stuff with me. You're no better than Johnboy or 4mcrue.

Davey, Davey........why don't you cheer for the team where you attended school? LOL!!!

Well, since the school that I attended (St. Cloud Technical College) does not have a team, I cheer for the team from my hometown whose games I attended from the time I was about 8 or 9 years old. Now let me guess what your predictable response is going to be...

Attending a school that does not have a team makes me a loser, right? :silly:

Since I wanted to get into graphics, I chose a school that offered a good graphics program over schools that have teams. :lol:

Whoever came up with the concept that only alums of the school can be fans of their teams is a narrow-minded imbecile. :glare:

I am just giving you !@#$......it is good for teams to have passionate fans....whether or not they went to school there or not. It actually would be interesting to know how much support for either school is not alums.....I suspect there is quite a bit.

I would never be critical of the tech colleges or the people they turn out. It would be a damn rough world to live in if there were no Tech grads.

What's this "I-AA" that you're talking about?

I am just giving you !@#$......it is good for teams to have passionate fans....whether or not they went to school there or not. It actually would be interesting to know how much support for either school is not alums.....I suspect there is quite a bit.

I would never be critical of the tech colleges or the people they turn out. It would be a damn rough world to live in if there were no Tech grads.

Why in these past few posts do you seem to talk so much about DaveK? And who he cheers for? What state he is from? and Where he went to college?

Why do you give a $hit?

Cause I feel embarrassed for you.

Its weird. Its almost flirty. We are all watching. Its like can't you get a PM (room).

I mean its a lil creepy. That other message board you moderate: has a thread titled DaveK and another thread where you can vote for DaveK.

Cause I feel embarrassed for you.

Its weird. Its almost flirty. We are all watching. Its like can't you get a PM (room).

I mean its a lil creepy. That other message board you moderate: has a thread titled DaveK and another thread where you can vote for DaveK.

The only reason to feel embarassed for WYO is the fact that he now resides in Wyoming. He's just doing a little good natured smack, the fact that you care might be the weird part. Yes, BV has our own little place for Dave, he is known in those parts as being Preposterous. Sort of like the JohnboyND7 of UND fans so to speak.

On topic, I don't think any jerseys for any team really have any power. Although everytime Notre Dame loses and I don't have my jersey on I blame it on that....and if I do have it on I assume I should not have worn it. Same goes for my Steelers jersey. My favorite soccer team however, Barcelona, is 1-0 when I wear my Brasil jersey, I find that to be a coincidence, but meritting further investigation.