SiouxSports.com Forum

Wishlist for 2010-11

siouxrunner

Disappointing end to the season, but like most of you, I'm already excited for next year. Aside from the obvious, like conference titles, etc., I've put together a list of things I hope will happen for next season, in no particular order. If my wishes all come true, I think we hang another green banner...add your wishes for next season!

1. Frattin stays on the path he has put himself on and doesn't leave for Toronto. The man will be a beast next year.

2. Brad Miller Time season 3

3. Chay Genoway overcomes his post-concussion syndrome and plays hockey again...I don't care where.

4. Blood stays, Gregoire stays, Malone stays.

5. A pair of these for Joe Gleason (ignore the first picture)

6. The Ralph continues moving toward being the most difficult place to play in the country for opposing teams, if it isn't already.

7. Two extra home games in mid-March.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing end to the season, but like most of you, I'm already excited for next year. Aside from the obvious, like conference titles, etc., I've put together a list of things I hope will happen for next season, in no particular order. If my wishes all come true, I think we hang another green banner...add your wishes for next season!

1. Frattin stays on the path he has put himself on and doesn't leave for Toronto. The man will be a beast next year.

3. Chay Genoway overcomes his post-concussion syndrome and plays hockey again...I don't care where.

6. The Ralph continues moving toward being the most difficult place to play in the country for opposing teams, if it isn't already.

He was a beast this year already once he got comfortable again.

1. I believe Frattin will stay. He seems to finally of found his place. I think he is our most complete forward next year

2. With Hex and Mario on the team, those two charectors will have season 3.

3. I think Chay comes back, i would think it would be hard to sign with not proving he can overcome this injury

4. I think they all stay. No one overly seems like a big threat to leave. Gregs maybe but i think another year will help him. Blood, in my opinion, has some maturing to do

5. Gleason i am excited for. i think he has a chance to be a marto like player out there. at times he showed some really good movement with the puck

6. The Ralph will always be tough

7. Couldnt agree more they should start playing the weekend closest to the 6th every year. No better way to celebrate my birthday

Just my take on your thoughts.

I think we will miss Vandy and Zajac. But our youth shouldn't show up as much. 7 seniors next year should provide some much needed leadership. I have to believe that at some point toews will break out. To much talent with him not to be putting more pucks in.

1. I believe Frattin will stay. He seems to finally of found his place. I think he is our most complete forward next year

You would think that Toronto is going to want him to prove he can do it again for a whole season and make a comittment to staying out of trouble and on task.

You would think that Toronto is going to want him to prove he can do it again for a whole season and make a comittment to staying out of trouble and on task.

Frattin will stay. If he was planning on leaving after his JR season, he would have just left after his off-ice issues instead of sitting for half a season.

He's going to be one of our best forwards next season too.

The way he came on at the end of the season was very impressive...19pts in half a season.

I bet he gets close to 50pts next year.

More importantly, I think Frattin is extremely grateful to Hak for the opprtunity to play again...no way he leaves IMO.

I think he will be UND's best forward next year and I don't think it'll be close.

More importantly, I think Frattin is extremely grateful to Hak for the opprtunity to play again...no way he leaves IMO.

I think he will be UND's best forward next year and I don't think it'll be close.

I wouldn't say it won't be close with Kristo and Gregoire on the team.

I wouldn't say it won't be close with Kristo and Gregoire on the team.

Get back to me at the end of next year on this one...

When Frattin gets the whole year under his belt...wow!

I like the two guys you mentioned alot, but what we saw from Frattin in the last 6 weeks was something that UND fans have seen in awhile.

Get back to me at the end of next year on this one...

When Frattin gets the whole year under his belt...wow!

I like the two guys you mentioned alot, but what we saw from Frattin in the last 6 weeks was something that UND fans have seen in awhile.

I like Brad's comment on his blog yesterday.

Frattin had more SOG by himself during the 3rd period against Yale than Yale had as an entire team (6-5). He had 9 sog for the entire game.

I like Brad's comment on his blog yesterday.

Frattin had more SOG by himself during the 3rd period against Yale than Yale had as an entire team (6-5). He had 9 sog for the entire game.

I wish he would have scored one more!

Good topic. I have to start this by saying I only had the opportunity to see the team play twice in person this season as I am in Iraq. That was a split in Duluth that should have been a Sioux sweep. I did see some action on the computer when I could.

I wish this program plays in the post-season with passion. I wish the team plays like it mattered to them. I wish the team figures out that only playing one period of Sioux hockey won't get it done. I wish Animal is the most laid back Fighting Sioux on the ice. And the obvious one, I wish I get to see the team win next year's Frozen Four in St. Paul live and in person.

If Genoway were to play another year for the sioux and no one leaves. Which freshman come in? I think Davidson showed some promise playing d for this team. He seemed to keep it simple and didn;t hurt us out there. Unless i missed something. Would Hak let him play d again or bring in anohter d man. I can see corey leaving to play major juniors in canada for playing time. being a junior next year and with the d we have coming back and mattson or forbert coming in he looks to be left on the outside looking in. So it seems we only need a couple of forwards for next year i looked at the wiki adn we 5 committed for next year or 3 for the year after. not sure how many we can roster so i am curious who would come in. what would the lines be? i know its early but my favorite part of the offseason is picking the lines and captains

My wish for 2010-11 is a National Championship.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't care if they use a bunch of 25 year-old Canadians, small speedy guys, a whole line of goons, whatever.

Number 8 has been eluding many deserving teams for too long in recent years - to the point that I'm thinking a jinx is upon us.

Please. Hang #8.

My wish for 2010-11 is a National Chamionship.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't care if they use a bunch of 25 year-old Canadians, small speedy guys, a whole line of goons, whatever.

Number 8 has been eluding many deserving teams for too long in recent years - to the point that I'm thinking a jinx is upon us.

Please. Hang #8.

What this guy said.

My wish for 2010-11 is a National Chamionship.

Please. Hang #8.

Yep, I don't care how they win it. Just get 'er done.

For the teams sake i hope you are wrong. :ohmy:

That said #8 is my wish and I think with that Trio up front and Knight finished playing strong and hard we can have three tough lines up front.

That said 199 days until we open the new arena in Bemidji according to the "Days Until" App on my phone.

I'd just ask for a "killer instinct". If you're up by 1-2 goals, don't sit on your heels and watch the clock. :ohmy:

Easy now you hater! :D

Think of the potential seed and being at the X for this year's NCAA if we could of held on to another game or two???